• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo NX logo appears in RISE: Race The Future trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAMARMO

Banned
MlS6xctg.png

Source:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_35a8GkQono

marrec

Banned
So is the implication that they're actually going to be calling this the NX and that is the official logo?

Or did the people who made this trailer just stick what they thought was going to be the NX logo into the trailer after googling "Nintendo NX logo"?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sadness revival to be announced exclusively for NX in 3....2....1

PS. I doubt thats the official logo...or that they have dev kits.

DJIzana

Damn... not offcial? Ah well. Still will be interesting if NX will have a Xenoblade game or if Zelda will look as today's PS4 games that we see. ;P

Ydelnae

The logo also appears on VD-dev Games' website. I think it's just a way to express that they are interested in developing games for the platform, even though I wouldn't have included it before the system was announced.

LordOfChaos

It's decent. I actually hope they keep the NX codename as the retail name rather than go with Nintendo Whizbang or something stupid. See Revolution - Wii.

Remember the Dell Lightning/Thunder, that became the Venue/Venue Pro? Stooopid.

RoKKeR

Seems like this game needs to be on a few more platforms.

Anyways, placeholder aside, this just bums me out that we are still months away from learning what this thing actually is.

Onaco

They're making a 3DS version, but not a Vita version? Development-wise, the Vita should be easier to port to. Then again, I'm not sure if there's a crowd for a Vita version of this. Quite the weird dilemma.

I suppose you could just remote play it to your Vita.

As much as I would like to push the rumor mill this looks like a placeholder.

However if this exact thing starts to appear in multiple trailers and such then, I guess, the implication would be this is what Nintendo wants people to use, which would raise questions.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
God, it's going to be weird when this this gets an actual name, and we'll all have to stop calling it the NX. It's going to be like the Revolution to Wii transition all over again.

Boney

Banned
Isn't that the one that VOOKS made
Yeap, instantly thought that I had seen that before.

I don't know what this game is (has logos for everything) but it's neat they're committing to NX, although there's a Wii u version as well so I don't know.

They probably are aiming to have it released on NX eventually, but I feel the inclusion of this logo is just to get people to talk about their game.

Ridley327

Sadness revival to be announced exclusively for NX in 3....2....1

PS. I doubt thats the official logo...or that they have dev kits.

VD-dev has a pretty long history on Nintendo platforms, so I wouldn't be so quick to assume that they wouldn't have some idea of what's going on.

S-E is interested in bringin Dragon Quest X and Dragon Quest XI to NX, they haven't made official plans yet.

Not confirmed, just that they were thinking on doing it.

If I remember correctly it was actually confirmed, and then they backtracked their statement from "coming to NX" to "considering bringing it to NX" since Nintendo was apparently pissed that SE announced a game for NX before they did.

Also I hope this is a sign that Nintendo are allowing third parties/indies to announce that they are working on NX versions of their games. If some multiplats announced at E3 say they're coming to NX, that would definitely be interesting.

VD-dev has a pretty long history on Nintendo platforms, so I wouldn't so quick to assume that they wouldn't have some idea of what's going on.

Yeah, Nintendo even let them rewrite the 3DS's graphics drivers for Ironfall Invasion, which includes a large amount of assembly code.

Also I hope this is a sign that Nintendo are allowing third parties/indies to announce that they are working on NX versions of their games. If some multiplats announced at E3 say they're coming to NX, that would definitely be interesting.

Hopefully. Wii U had the largest indie lineup at launch of the three consoles, so Nintendo's willing to let certain indies work on games ahead of a more public reveal to developers. Wonder how things will play out now that barriers to entry have lowered for eShop development and publishing (note that devs could self publish back in the WiiWare days)

Oregano

They're making a 3DS version, but not a Vita version? Development-wise, the Vita should be easier to port to. Then again, I'm not sure if there's a crowd for a Vita version of this. Quite the weird dilemma.

I suppose you could just remote play it to your Vita.

Their last two games are 3DS exclusives. It's likely being ported up and they're not the quickest workers so Vita is the most obvious platform to drop(it probably won't come to Wii U either)

Does this mean 3rd party devs got NX devkits?

They're a big Nindie and they developed a 3DS launch game so if kits are out these guys probably have one.

udivision

It's better that companies do this rather than being completely mum on NX support, Hope to see some similar things at E3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom