• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America Issues Statement on Stolen Switch Systems

JB2448

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/17/nintendo-switch-operating-system-menu-details-leak
Nintendo Representative said:
Earlier this week, individuals claimed to prematurely purchase a small number of Nintendo Switch systems from an unspecified retailer. Nintendo has determined these units were stolen in an isolated incident by employees of a U.S. distributor, with one system being illegally resold. The individuals involved have been identified, terminated from their place of employment and are under investigation by local law enforcement authorities on criminal charges.

Nintendo Switch will launch worldwide on March 3, 2017, and we look forward to everyone being able to discover the wonders of the new system for themselves at that time.

Kevin

498.gif

So if I got one I'd be fired from my job which doesn't sell video games?
Will I also be expelled from my university?
:p

Nintendo ninjas don't play.
I bet Nintendo wanted to do a direct x unboxing themselves

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah, stolen goods definitely explain what happened. Should've either kept your mouth shut, or even better, not bought a system under suspicious circumstances.

Anteo

Yeah but according to the other thread, Nintendo should have let them keep the switch.
Out of touch as always

Probably a good story for them in any case. UI has nothing wrong with it even without the day one update, it's fast, and it's an interesting story.

Good thing that they caught those that stole it as well
So, it's not a retail store shipping the console too early?
Didn't some random guy say it was shipped early?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Holy shit. What a fucking conclusion. We all expected Nintendo to stay silent on the matter too

The Nintendo of America Ninjas just aren't as good as their Japanese counterparts.

Anyway, hiphoptherobot is the real hero here, being so open about everything and showing us a great look at the UI. Hopefully he's compensated and/or given a replacement Switch on launch day.

Top Bottom