• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America registers "www.TheLastStory.com"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Translation:

Site said:
While The Last Story is canceled out in Europe and America, today we learned some news that will delight fans on a possible release in the West.

We learn that the domain name TheLastStory.com just by Nintendo of America, for release in the United States. Another chance to see The Last Story released in America as a first step and perhaps one day with us?

In any case, The Last Story is available in Japan since January on the Nintendo Wii.

LINK

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, uh, I initially locked this thread then unlocked it on grounds of being duplicate news.

They also registered xenobladechronicles.com and both of these facts have been kicked around in the Xenoblade EU thread.

My instinct is that a domain registration certainly isn't a bad sign, but it's also not a guarantee, so there really isn't much discussion to be had until a definitive announcement is made. But I'll give the thread the benefit of the doubt just in case.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The site was registered 2010-04-24

It was brought up a number of time in the Xenoblade topic. The game will most likely come IMO, but this isn't new.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Now that's just cruel.

Stumpokapow said:
So, uh, I initially locked this thread then unlocked it on grounds of being duplicate news.

They also registered xenobladechronicles.com and both of these facts have been kicked around in the Xenoblade EU thread.

My instinct is that a domain registration certainly isn't a bad sign, but it's also not a guarantee, so there really isn't much discussion to be had until a definitive announcement is made. But I'll give the thread the benefit of the doubt just in case.

Good point.

At least this tells us that there is some realistic hope.

Aeana said:
The whois says it was registered a year ago...

Well shit...

Zwei

Stumpokapow said:
My instinct is that a domain registration certainly isn't a bad sign, but it's also not a guarantee,

This.

I won't hold my breath until an official announcement comes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah a registration isn't confirmation. They may just want to prevent somebody from potentially squatting the domain just in case they decide to localize it.

gogojira

If this and Xenoblade come to America, I'll have a total of three things to play this year on Wii, Zelda being the third.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
gogojira said:
If this and Xenoblade come to America, I'll have a total of three things to play this year on Wii, Zelda being the third.
How many games does Nintendo have scheduled for the Wii this year outside of Zelda?

gogojira

Dark Schala said:
How many games does Nintendo have scheduled for the Wii this year outside of Zelda?

Honestly, I have no idea and that makes me sad. I think Rhythm Heaven is coming and, what, maybe a new Kirby? So I guess I'm lying a little bit, but 2011 just seems like a miserable year for Wii; even for someone like me who tends to find good games to play year after year.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
gogojira said:

Man, the state of the Wii is pretty sad right now. I own 23 Wii games and yet there's only 1, maybe 2 that I get this year. Although I guess I still have yet to get SMG2 and DKCR.

Shiggy

Dark Schala said:

Officially - 1 - Xenoblade Chronicles.

But there are a few others - Pandora's Tower, Kirby, Rhythm Paradise, Last Story, Fatal Frame 2 (and possibly 4) and some others which are yet to be announced.

Dascu

Shiggy said:

But there are a few others - Pandora's Tower, Kirby, Rhythm Paradise, Last Story, Fatal Frame 2 (and possibly 4) and some others which are yet to be announced.
Are you guessing or do you have some sources on that?

Chemo

For reference:

Domain Name.......... mother3.com
Creation Date........ 1999-08-21
Registration Date.... 2009-07-05
Expiry Date.......... 2011-08-21
Organisation Name.... Nintendo of America Inc.
Organisation Address. 4820 150th Ave NE
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Redmond
Organisation Address. 98052
Organisation Address. WA
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Shiggy

Dascu said:
Are you guessing or do you have some sources on that?

I did not want to say that all of those are coming to Europe this year, just that they are currently in the works.

Foffy

Banned
Chemo said:
For reference:

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA

...S-shut up! ;_____;

Paznos

gogojira said:
I agree, I'll finally have to hook my Wii back up to play these games, hope this one really makes it out here.

Chemo said:
For reference:

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA
boner deflated

Pociask

I expect NOA to release this shortly after the hammer game and before Disaster. Plus, why would they release this FF knock off when they've got a game with a killer title like Monado?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
This is old non-news.

Shiggy said:

It would be nice if they told us what Pandora's Tower actually is already.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
While The Last Story is canceled out in Europe and America
What the fuck does this even mean? Also, didn't someone say NOA registers a lot of NOE domains also? This could be for either/or/both/none.

Yaweee

I'm not at all worried about this or Xenoblade not coming to America. I honestly don't understand what people are worrying over.

Chemo said:
BREAKING NEWS! Mother 3 to be released before August 21st to save $9.95 on yearly domain costs!

kotaku-slowpoke.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
All in preparation for the exclusive PAL release of The Last Story Supernova X: This is an RPG.

Korigama

Yaweee said:
I'm not at all worried about this or Xenoblade not coming to America. I honestly don't understand what people are worrying over.

I wish I had your confidence in NoA's decision making.

DaBuddaDa

This was registered over a year ago by NoA. Stupid, no name website invents misleading story for hits, news at 11. Thread should have stayed locked.

Ezalc

Chemo said:
For reference:

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA

Delicious tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom