• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America still bringing Devil's Third to North America.

JCX

Looks like NoA Ninjas saw the reactions of the game not being released here and they saw a good amount of people being dissapointed for not having Devil's Third so they just decided to publish it. Watch it being released till 2016 as their big summer game or something...

Nope star fox delayed to 2016 with devil's third as the big holiday title

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mmmh, crazy theory.

Nintendo is publishing the game on the eShop, while Xseed is bringing it to retail.

Draconian

Hahaha, like when they saw the fan response to the Metroid spin-off without a main Metroid and they reacted. Oh, wait.

What did you think they were going to cancel it on the spot and announce Prime 4 that won't be coming out anytime soon anyway? Your post makes no sense.

I'm wondering if this is a response to prevent Tamaki from being a reputable leak house. Small loss but convincing people not to believe him and thus will be more skeptical in the future? Nintendo is infamously secretive after all.

Akhe

650170.gif

NoA doesn't even state they are publishing it. "We are happy to bring it to the wiiU. More info soon"

Sounds like they know it's coming for wiiU but that's it.

Umibozu

this has been the funniest gaming rollercoaster I have seen. (last guardian, ff7 were joe pesci funny)

I planned on getting devils third regardless :)

All this talk of back-pedalling. Was it ever more than rumour and speculation based on the lack of E3 coverage?
While Japan and Europe got release dates, NoA completely removed the game from their media outlets. The lack of E3 coverage was a big sign that they weren't going to publish it. When Xenoblade originally came out, NoE wanted it to be shown during the E3 2011 conference but NoA declined as they did not want to show anything that they had no plans on localizing.

It's odd because Silconera said not only that it wasn't going to be published by NoA, but that they knew who was publishing it. I have to think this is a joint deal like the XSEED stuff people are mentioning.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What did you think they were going to cancel it on the spot and announce Prime 4 that won't be coming out anytime soon anyway? Your post makes no sense.

Did I say that? No. Did I expect that? No. What I didn't expect is Reggie trying to spin the situation into a good thing. So yeah, let's wait until we here more details before considering this some kind of back-pedalling/response to fans.

Maybe they were always going to publish it, did a shitty job at messaging, then didn't really care that a few of us were confused until game "journalists" started reporting rumors they made up themselves.

RK128

Either those reports about Nintendo not publishing it were false to begin with and was stated to get more hits or something.....

Or, Nintendo of America was going to drop the game, but after seeing the backlash in social media and on forums like this one, they decided "People do want this....lets still publish the game and give people a chance at playing it :)."

Nintendo of America must have learned a lot from the Wii regarding localization and publishing (Xenoblade being a surprise hit must have done something :D), so its great to see them still publish and release the game in NA :).

Edit: Considering this news, I honestly feel bad being so negativity regarding Nintendo for the past few weeks :(. I mean, they fuck up a lot, but they still offer great games their platforms and are doing a better job supporting the Wii U at its current stage of life in perspective of the Wii and GC. So, if I said anything overly negativity about NoA in the other Devil's Third Thread, I take it back :).

Still annoyed about there handling of Amiibo and Metroid, but that is a whole other story unrelated to this one XD.

What have they gotten wrong?

Well "a lot" was the wrong term and probably hyperbole on my part, but if they get this wrong so shortly after the reveal that their Project Hammer stuff wasn't all true, that's two high profile stories being discredited in a very short window of time. Can't look good. We'll see though!

Kriken

The sad part is, if NoA was upfront about this a while ago, we wouldn't even be questioning this. All they had to do was just announce it was being published by another publisher or retailer exclusive and this could've been avoided

This is good news, at least we know we're getting a chance to play it. Now I'm just waiting for impressions from overseas folk who play before us.

I still think NoA made a deal with another publisher to bring Devil's Third to NA. Still, this game received more coverage than what NoA would've gave it had they confirmed they were publishing it in the first place.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man, what is even going on with this game anymore?

Upon reading it, I feel like another publisher may have still taken up the reigns.

Pikma

Banned
The wording is weird and I don't buy it at all BUT it is nice to have an official confirmation of it coming to NA.

Vena

The sad part is, if NoA was upfront about this a while ago, we wouldn't even be questioning this. All they had to do was just announce it was being published by another publisher or retailer exclusive and this could've been avoided

Can't comment on a deal not finished, probably.

RK128

How much wrong?

There reports on the Metroid series (the development history of Prime Hunters, the situation of Metroid Dread, the team behind Prime Hunters not even knowing about Federation Force prior to its announcement) and Project Hammer (a series of JP vs. West mirroring Sonic X-Treme's development and the game having a very troubled development prior to being scrapped), and there reports regarding Zombi U being ported to PS4 and X1.

Likely, a number of these reports are right, but who honestly knows :l.

Top Bottom