• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America still bringing Devil's Third to North America.

There reports on the Metroid series (the development history of Prime Hunters, the situation of Metroid Dread, the team behind Prime Hunters not even knowing about Federation Force prior to its announcement) and Project Hammer (a series of JP vs. West mirroring Sonic X-Treme's development and the game having a very troubled development prior to being scrapped), and there reports regarding Zombi U being ported to PS4 and X1.

Likely, a number of these reports are right, but who honestly knows :l.

I don't know about the other stuff, but there's more and more evidence beginning to support that Zombi U port.

Kind of weird. I imagine they were looking for a publishing partner like gamestop with Xenoblade, or maybe another publisher like XSEED and they didn't announce anything because they weren't sure yet.

Volotaire

There reports on the Metroid series (the development history of Prime Hunters, the situation of Metroid Dread, the team behind Prime Hunters not even knowing about Federation Force prior to its announcement) and Project Hammer (a series of JP vs. West mirroring Sonic X-Treme's development and the game having a very troubled development prior to being scrapped), and there reports regarding Zombi U being ported to PS4 and X1.

Likely, a number of these reports are right, but who honestly knows :l.

It's incredibly likely Zombi is coming to PS4 and XB1 given the number of ratings the game Zombi has had (Australia, Tawian).

trixx

Looks like NoA Ninjas saw the reactions of the game not being released here and they saw a good amount of people being dissapointed for not having Devil's Third so they just decided to publish it. Watch it being released till 2016 as their big summer game or something...

ahahaha you can't be serious with this

Ansatz

I love how half of the "why aren't they bringing this over, this fucking company" posters have absolutely no desire of purchasing the game, so why do you care anyway? It's weird

Volotaire

lol

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the chaos.

tumblr_mezy08dbze1qbm00wo1_500.gif

Whatever the case, I'm not a fan of Unseen64 dealing with very recent findings/sources on games that may or may not be seeing the light of day. They're best with historical data and speculation.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME

NoA needs a new PR team and strategy, stat. This shit is ridiculous. Start treating your fans with a bit of respect. Whether or not they're the publishers of Devi's Third (it's quite possible they're working with someone like XSEED to have it released), their complete lack of communication with their customers is so incredibly disgusting. This shit is completely unacceptable in 2015. It's no the 80's anymore, Nintendo.

I love how half of the "why aren't they bringing this over, this fucking company" posters have absolutely no desire of purchasing the game, so why do you care anyway? It's weird
The answers I have heard are because more games on a region locked system = good, or they were mad because they knew people wanted to play this game. I'm buying it.

NoA needs a new PR team and strategy, stat. This shit is ridiculous. Start treating your fans with a bit of respect. Whether or not they're the publishers of Devi's Third (it's quite possible they're working with someone like XSEED to have it released), their complete lack of communication with their customers is so incredibly disgusting. This shit is completely unacceptable in 2015. It's no the 80's anymore, Nintendo.
Actually none of this is Nintendo's fault its people who think they know spreading information.

Tone down your unjustified rage.

qko

If you believe the conspiracy theorists about Nintendo being the masters of constraining supply... Looks like they are testing the idea of constraining information in order to create artificial hype over the game.

Seriously if this game was slated to arrive in August all the information would be about how awful the game looks and how it will be bomba supreme. But instead we are talking about If the game is even coming out delaying the conversation of the quality of the game. Criticism of the game will be countered with the "at least we're getting the game" argument.

Genius move Nintendo.

tebunker

Banned
GameStop exclusive or something else fishy.

Nothing fishy at all but odds are it is a co-publishing deal of some sorts and they have just been hammering out the details before any announcements.

Honestly a the mystery and rumors have only helped the game gain notoriety for better or worse.

I could see this being a GameStop retail exclusive or even an Amazon exclusive. Or just having a smaller publisher manage the marketing and publishing with NoA doing very little other than name.

Pikma

Banned
"NoA is a piece of shit for not bringing it over I'm telling you guys"

*NoA announces it's coming*

"Lol devil's turd who cares, it looks like shit"

Actually none of this is Nintendo's fault its people who think they know spreading information.

It is absolutely, 100% Nintendo's fault.

The game WASN'T AT E3. It has received release dates for the rest of the world. They have literally said nothing about this title for over a year, while the rest of the world has had announcements related to the game.

NoA is completely at fault here. Stop defending them.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Because Nintendo or something like that.

The answers I have heard are because more games on a region locked system = good, or they were mad because they knew people wanted to play this game. I'm buying it.

But the game was still coming, just that Nintendo wasn't the one publishing it.

Ridley327

NOA had a chance to show it off again not even a month ago, and chose not to. They had a chance to confirm a release strategy back when NCL and NOE did, and chose not to. To say they get none of the blame is quite blatantly ignoring reality.

tebunker

Banned
Also I am sure there is also the issue of the MP servers since the game has a lot of options and customization and different stuff going on in the MP.

I honestly believe the game is going to get trashed in previews next week but it doesn't sound like anyone got to play MP

Nothing fishy at all but odds are it is a co-publishing deal of some sorts and they have just been hammering out the details before any announcements.

Honestly a the mystery and rumors have only helped the game gain notoriety for better or worse.

I could see this being a GameStop retail exclusive or even an Amazon exclusive. Or just having a smaller publisher manage the marketing and publishing with NoA doing very little other than name.

I would say it's kinda for worse because its been people saying nintendo is passing because the game must be shitty. Which has not been the case for a lot of games noa has passed on, but lots of folks are skeptical after the rereveal.

But if it turns out to be awesome then at least it'll have been on people's minds for awhile, so it won't be as quiet of a release. So it'll sell 20 copies instead of 10.

Revven

No, actually, it is partially NoA's fault by not showing/saying anything about it at E3 while Europe and Japan got their release dates announced for it. Giving the impression that something had happened to Devil's Third for the US, otherwise, if nothing bad did happen why not communicate something to consumers?

The least they could have done is kept it on their website with a TBD and no one would have bat an eye. But instead they removed it completely from all their outlets including the eShop. This perpetuated the idea NoA was not publishing it, leading up to the rumors we got this past week.

HeeHo

Great news for me. I actually really like the cover art and hope it gets a physical release. This game was getting so much unjustified hate when people were speculating Nintendo passed on it due to poor quality.

All fine with this game, only confusing part was the 'rumors" from unseen64 & co.

Don't need an announcement month ahead.

The only part of this story that is disgusting are the rumors that had been spread.

It is absolutely, 100% Nintendo's fault.

The game WASN'T AT E3. It has received release dates for the rest of the world. They have literally said nothing about this title for over a year, while the rest of the world has had announcements related to the game.

NoA is completely at fault here. Stop defending them.
People are acting like this started with the Unseen 64 thing. As you said, it started at E3 (every no show at directs beforehand would pretty much be shrugged off like "ah, they're saving it for E3" lol). Unseen 64 was the final tipping point, supposedly confirming what many had feared

Because Nintendo or something like that.

But the game was still coming, just that Nintendo wasn't the one publishing it.

Pretty sure the hate posts were made before the rumor of another publisher picking it up. Especially the ones that have no plans on buying/playing the game.

Calm down, damn.

All fine with this game, only confusing part was the 'rumors" from unseen64 & co.

Don't need an announcement month ahead.

The only part of this story that is disgusting are the rumors that had been spread.

As has already been addressed, the reason the rumors existed to begin with comes down solely to NoA's complete silence regarding DT, unlike the rest of the world, where the game has been given a release date, and review copies have been sent to press outlets.

Calm down, damn.

Just FYI, it's possible to be frustrated, even angry, while still remaining calm. Not everything is black and white.

Top Bottom