• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America still bringing Devil's Third to North America.

Shiggy

Let's be frank, you wouldn't write this until you got blowback from what happened with Devil Third. There was no tweet distancing from Tamaki when he posted his info on Medtroid Dread despite both showing on personal channel.

It's fine that you want to create some distance now, but come on, let's call a spade a spade. Now if you show me you info otherwise, I'll eat my words.

Tamaki has said this multiple times on his Twitter account already.

I still want to see the details about the US release. Has NoA suddenly decided to bring this to the US due to the backlash?

Tripon

He has posted that multiple times on his Twitter, every time something like this comes up. Its his channel, he can do what he wants. He even talked about changing the branding to better show the difference within the past few days

Tamaki has said this multiple times on his Twitter account already.

I still want to see the details about the US release. Has NoA suddenly decided to bring this to the US due to the backlash?

Thinking about changing something and actually changing it are two different things. Tamaki may have said it on his twitter, but he was still using the Unseen64 branding, and more importantly, Unseen64 didn't try to distance from Tamaki until recently.

As for the game itself, if Devil 3rd really is being published by XSEED (I don't doubt that part), it cant just be a recent thing. Nintendo is a conservative company in general, they don't make snap decisions. In many ways, they can't.

Shiggy

Thinking about changing something and actually changing it are two different things. Tamaki may have said it on his twitter, but he was still using the Unseen64 branding, and more importantly, Unseen64 didn't try to distance from Tamaki until recently.

As for the game itself, if Devil 3rd really is being published by XSEED (I don't doubt that part), it cant just be a recent thing. Nintendo is a conservative company in general, they don't make snap decisions. In many ways, they can't.

Well, he was very clear about it and no, he didn't use the Unseen64 branding or channel in any way.

And if XSeed publishes it, it would actually prove the story. No need to doubt his sources actually, he was pretty spot on about Project Hammer and has good inside sources.

Tripon

Well, he was very clear about it and no, he didn't use the Unseen64 branding or channel in any way.

And if XSeed publishes it, it would actually prove the story. No need to doubt his sources actually, he was pretty spot on about Project Hammer and has good inside sources.
Again, I'm saying Unseen64 weren't clear until now.

Terrell

You may want to re-watch the video(s) in question. In the Devil's Third video from him, he name (used in a sentence with the "we" pronoun, no less), logo and website are all dropped in the video in question. It's still up.

So your statement isn't exactly valid.

rjc571

Banned

Actually one of the developers on Project Hammer posts here and said that Liam got a lot of the details wrong, to which Liam responded by having a meltdown on twitter (as per usual).

I'd question whether they'll make their budget back. I'm seriously worried that it'll fail badly. I once had a lot of interest in this game but it has a very limited market and I think they want to be another Bayonetta 2.

I wouldnt go as far as saying don't release it, theres no point when you're this far in. I'd have cancelled it or moved it into a bigger target audience and install base.
This feels like a very cheap pick up for Nintendo. They likely got it because they wanted to expand their audience alongside Bayonetta 2 but they clearly don't expect a lot out of it

Shiggy

You may want to re-watch the video(s) in question. In the Devil's Third video from him, he name (used in a sentence with the "we" pronoun, no less), logo and website are all dropped in the video in question. It's still up.

So your statement isn't exactly valid.

I stand corrected. I still believe in what he said though. So I will wait for a proper announcement of NoA publishing the game to criticise them.

bon

I'm surprised NoA is addressing the situation at all, and in a timely manner too. Props to them for that.

jmizzal

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME

NoA needs a new PR team and strategy, stat. This shit is ridiculous. Start treating your fans with a bit of respect. Whether or not they're the publishers of Devi's Third (it's quite possible they're working with someone like XSEED to have it released), their complete lack of communication with their customers is so incredibly disgusting. This shit is completely unacceptable in 2015. It's no the 80's anymore, Nintendo.

exactly, they should know NA fans will see that the game is coming and has a release date in Japan and Europe and what to know what is going on. At E3 they should have just said, there will more info on Devils Third for NA at a later date. Only thing anybody from NOA said was They dont have anything to say about Devils Third, their PR team is a joke.

Gnilres

Game apparently drops to 10-15fps at times, looks like a PS2 game and is not very polished. Wait for a few previews and reviews.

I think people forgot what a PS2 game looks like.

The only thing that I'll wait and see for is framerate issues. I played through Skyrim on PS3 from launch so I can put up with it quite a bit. =P

Terrell

They talked about it and resolved the issue. SMGamer disagreed about minor things with his former colleagues, but agreed with most other things as Takami reported.
That's something I'd need confirmed by both parties before I'd believe it.

XSEED, you're supposed to get good games. :(

I don't think this will provide a good return for them.

Out next week.

61nVkdncWwL.jpg

Do you have any idea about Xseed's library. A good portion isn't great.

Look at the Valhalla Knights series they publish. Four games with metacritic scores of 35-53 including a relatively recent Vita release.

Also considering all the localization is done for them they'll probably still come out on top compared to other releases that require them to actually translate.

Ridley327

To be fair, a lot of people have said that the PS4 Onechanbara is the best in the series by far, but that could be in comparison to the other ones rather than a general statement.

But yeah, the Valhalla Knights series is straight doodie. I don't think they have a choice in that matter since it is their mother company's IP, but they still suck.

Shiggy

where are you getting that info from?

Apparently what people with preview code say. 3 days to go.

Didn't smgamer83 say:

Ha. Too funny.

Interesting video that gets some things right, and quite a few other things wrong. Good attempt though. Fun to re-see all the old footage.

(http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170944763&postcount=134)

That's not just a few minor things he disagreed with. Your word is starting to look shaky.

They apparently cleared their issues, so that comment is outdated. Different employees have different views, e.g. on how complete the game was.

Tohsaka

Out next week.

61nVkdncWwL.jpg

Do you have any idea about Xseed's library. A good portion isn't great.

Look at the Valhalla Knights series they publish. Four games with metacritic scores of 35-53 including a relatively recent Vita release.

Also considering all the localization is done for them they'll probably still come out on top compared to other releases that require them to actually translate.

Onechanbara Z2 is actually pretty decent. It has multiple player characters on screen that you can switch from, and runs at 60FPS for the most part. It's no Bayonetta 2, but if you like trashy fun action games you'd probably enjoy it.

Shiggy

How do you "clear" that issue? Facts don't become more true or less wrong by hashing it out.

By talking about what he exactly was referring to perhaps. I told you a specific issue which the sources had different views upon. All I know is that they are on good terms and do not have any major disagreements about the video.

Nonetheless, you need to take my word on this as Tamaki is banned and SMGamer sent me a PM saying that he will not post on here anymore due to his identity being revealed.

Apparently what people with preview code say. 3 days to go.

haven't seen anything with that specific frame rate concern, but yeah, 3 days till we actually know some things about this game.

frame rate issues suck in this kind of game, but if it's not during critical points, I can let it slide. hopefully it's outside of fights.

L Thammy

Anyone planning on Day 1? This was a game I was just moderately interested in but now I need it

I can throw sledgehammers at people, slide kick, and kill a ninja with their own katana. That's good enough for me. I'm mainly hoping that some of the multiplayer mechanics are present in single player. It would be kind of a shame to leave the character customization totally locked behind multiplayer, for instance, but I get the feeling that's going to happen.

Shiggy

At least one reviewer seems to be enjoying it.

Edit: For some reason I can't link to site in question's forums. I'll remove the impressions, but they were more positive than I would have expected.

Which website is it? Would be good to see some positive impressions!

Nanashrew

Banned
By talking about what he exactly was referring to perhaps. I told you a specific issue which the sources had different views upon. All I know is that they are on good terms and do not have any major disagreements about the video.

Nonetheless, you need to take my word on this as Tamaki is banned and SMGamer sent me a PM saying that he will not post on here anymore due to his identity being revealed.

He also won't be on Twitter anymore from the sounds of his posts. He's leaving social media over death threats he's getting over this and the bashing he's getting here.

L Thammy

How can people be so annoyed by this to send him (liam/tamaki) death threats?

He also won't be on Twitter anymore from the sounds of his posts. He's leaving social media over death threats he's getting over this and the bashing he's getting here.

Wait, what the hell? These people have to be mentally ill. How is the publisher of a game a half dozen people will buy a big enough deal to be worth threatening anyone?

Onechanbara Z2 is actually pretty decent. It has multiple player characters on screen that you can switch from, and runs at 60FPS for the most part. It's no Bayonetta 2, but if you like trashy fun action games you'd probably enjoy it.

I've played the series before. It beautifully dumb if way too simple. I have the Wii one and will get this as well if it's still in stock in a few years (it probably will be looking at Killer is Dead's Collector's Edition).

My point was it isn't like Xseed never publishes bad games. They have and most likely will publish plenty worse than Devil's Third.

The thing about Onechanbara is that it is the truest form of budget game, fitting as it originates from the simple series in Japan.

I mean look at the series gameplay. Walk forward get fenced into a a square, kill the enemies in square, repeat. The new one seems no different.

Borman

Actually one of the developers on Project Hammer posts here and said that Liam got a lot of the details wrong, to which Liam responded by having a meltdown on twitter (as per usual).

Ive had developers lie to my face, its part of the deal. Gotta learn to listen to what is being said, but Ive found that when a handful of other developers are saying different, they are usually right. It's usually the higher ups that lie.

Tripon

Onechebara is a kusoge game. Intentionally made to be low budget and rough around the edges.

Devil Third is an AAA game. You should have higher expectations for D3rd.

Top Bottom