• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America still bringing Devil's Third to North America.

Bl@de

Sounds terrible. Off my Wishlist you go. Unless a miracle happens. I rather replay RE4 for the 10th time instead of this.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Will your preview have a lot of MP info? Or do we have to wait longer. Looking forward to what you have to say

nope, multiplayer info will come later.

oh man oh man oh man
a few more confirmations of this and i'll be in hype country

It seems I'll be a voice outside the chorus.

Oh, I missed this. Is very nice to read this, it makes me have good hopes for the game. Especially knowing that you don't usually overhype things.

And I still don't want. But my impressions are mine, even if it seems I'm alone in this.

I honestly disagree about the gameplay feeling. the passage from first peson to third person is fluid and smooth and the combo you can set up switching instantly from shooting to slide against the enemies to close the gap and slice them with a melee attack is pretty satisfyng

My preview (unfortunately only in Italian, but hopefully Google Translate can give you a hand somehow, in case you are interested) is here.
I won't lie: i did NOT like what i've played, at all.
Despite being a diehard and longtime fan of Itagaki (Ninja Gaiden is in my heart), Devil's Third is unfortunately a real nasty mess, with tons of problems pretty much everywhere.
Honestly, i did not understand nor approve NoA's ostracism towards the game... until i got my hands on it. It's seriously that bad, yes.

I'll post a little recap of my preview later on, sorry but i have zero time now. :/

EDIT: you can see two gameplay vids from the second mission on page 2, we captured those ourselves.

I absolutely respect your opinion, and it's also validated from many others. but I still confirm that I really enjoyed the 8/9 hours long single player campaing, I've noticed a bad framerate only in loading new areas and never during combat section, I appreciated the difficulty level don't finding it frustrating (nor even the "one lethla move" of the bosses), I loved Ivan as a character.

Yes, visually the game has some horrible part, as you mention, early-Xbox360-like level of quality.

Mdk7

I absolutely respect your opinion, and it's also validated from many others. but I still confirm that I really enjoyed the 8/9 hours long single player campaing, I've noticed a bad framerate only in loading new areas and never during combat section, I appreciated the difficulty level don't finding it frustrating (nor even the "one lethla move" of the bosses), I loved Ivan as a character.

Yes, visually the game has some horrible part, as you mention, early-Xbox360-like level of quality.
I respect yours as well, but i seriously can't understand how you did not notice the framerate drops.
In my experience, they were really all over the place, so frequent and significant that at times they even made hard aiming with a gun (and in general they made the game feel rough and all the opposite from the smoothness you'd expect from an action made by Itagaki).
Plus apart from the technical mess (LOL @ the bats!), i honestly never, ever had fun while playing: it's just a bland action and a terrible shooter as far as i'm concerned, and the combination of those two aspects is eventually painful IMHO (and i did beat the whole game as you did).
Again, i'm sorry because i really, really love Itagaki, but... this time just NO, as far as i'm concerned.
And what's funny/sad is that the 2010 trailer - which back in the day didn't really impress me that much, as it looked like a multiplayer version of Wet on steroids - is way, way more intriguing (and better looking) than what we got. Weird, weird stuff, i'd love to ask Itagaki some questions (and i'll try to).

Terrell

I guess the real positive to Devil's Third being terrible is that people can stop blaming Hayashi for Ninja Gaiden being terrible because "Itagaki would never let a game of his become this bad."

I'm actually having a chuckle in retrospect.

I guess the real positive to Devil's Third being terrible is that people can stop blaming Hayashi for Ninja Gaiden being terrible because "Itagaki would never let a game of his become this bad."

I'm actually having a chuckle in retrospect.

Remind me of people saying Miyazaki would never take anything or influence from DkSII because he wouldn't dare associate with it.

Top Bottom