• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America to hold Media Summit on Feb. 24

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I can't believe I didn't get wind of the Black Wii release date here... I knew of the DSi XL date (and price which they haven't announced), Monster Hunter bundle but they snuck the Black Wii news here that's for sure.

Bentendo

Firestorm said:
Got a source?

Yes, it was in the post you quoted. :lol

Here it is again though:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/107/1071574p1.html

IGN said:
As part of Nintendo Australia's major announcements today, IGN can confirm that two of Nintendo's most anticipated titles are on their way to Wiis much sooner than originally anticipated.

Both Super Mario Galaxy 2, follow-up to 2007's smash platformer, as well as Metroid: Other M (Team Ninja's take on the seminal sci-fi adventure/platformer) are both due for release between June and August this year.

Nintendo Australia's Greg Arthurton reiterated that both titles were most definitely not holiday season releases. This leaves an interesting vacancy for 'other' major releases over this period, we'd speculate.

This news comes ahead of tomorrow's Nintendo press event being held in the US. IGN US will be in attendance to confirm these details.

traveler

Not Wario
How is June - August "much sooner than anticipated" for Galaxy 2? Nintendo basically said last E3 that the game was done, it just wouldn't be released in 2009 as that would have it competing with NSMBWii. I was kind of hoping it'd be their big Spring game, not Summer.

Bentendo

traveler said:
How is June - August "much sooner than anticipated" for Galaxy 2? Nintendo basically said last E3 that the game was done, it just wouldn't be released in 2009 as that would have it competing with NSMBWii. I was kind of hoping it'd be their big Spring game, not Summer.

I was expecting Nintendo to push the date back till around November because NSMBW did so well and to make a bigger gap between the two's release dates. I was kind of anticipating Other M to be their big April game.

geeko420 said:
Do we know what time this will go down tomorrow exactly. Pacific time to be exact.

The conference is at 9AM PST. Liveblogs will be allowed, but hands-ons will be embargoed until 9 PM PST, according to IGN.

Here's what I'm expecting...

Blueprint for Nintendo of America Media Summit (2/24/10)

cammieisback580.jpg

"Hello! You may remember me from two years ago! My name is Cammie Dunaway."

76659841_v6itL-S.jpg

"This is from my family's vacation to Disney World last year. We had much fun, until Little Timmy was molested by a man in a Goofy costume, who we later discovered wasn't even a park employee."

iwata722_screen.jpg

"Hello, my name is Satoru Iwata. Here at Nintendo, we try to reach out to every demographic possible. We decided to make a game based off of Cammie's experiences, but Hillary Clinton objected to a video game starring a shrewd middle-aged woman, so we had to rethink our approach."

wii-vitality-sensor-announce.jpg

"This otherwise useless device will be required to play Wii Relax. It will be priced at $69.99USD and will be available yesterday."

reggie3.jpg

"WHO'S EXCITED FOR SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2"

casamassina.jpg

"WOOOOOOOOOO"

200px-Reginald_Fils-Aime.jpg

"Sit the fuck down Matt, you act like we just announced kid icarus or something. Who put this DS in my hand?"

wiiwheel_20070711_520px.jpg

"For our new Metroid game, we have used this makeshift ouija board to consult Gunpei Yokoi for advice. We found using the ouija board was so much fun that we should make a game out of it. Announcing..."

Luigismansion.jpg

"Luigi's Ouija, exclusive for the DS. Speaking of DS..."

pikmin_3.jpg

"Pikmin 3 will be a DSi exclusive. Sorry, we suck."

ReggieFils-Aimethumbnail.jpg

"But we don't like to disappoint, even though we're certainly good at it. So we've invited someone very special to talk about his new Wii game..."

tetsuya-nomura.jpg

"Why, it's Tetsuya Nomura from Square-Enix! What are you doing here?"
"Sorry, I was looking for the shitter." *exits*

200707-E3-WiiFit-ShigeruMiyamoto.jpg

"Hello, you probably know me. I'm Shigeru Miyamoto. I'm pleased to announce that we're working on a new Zelda game for the Wii. In it, you play as Link. The game uses the Wii Balance Board. It will be available in 2014."

iwatabriefing.jpg

"We're open to any questions from the audience."

journalist.jpg

"Will Nintendo be releasing Sin & Punishment 2 in the United States?"

04.jpg

*laughs*

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh god, this is the same timeframe than Starcraft 2 comes out.

Metroid: Other M better come out before then! Because SC2 will occupy those first two months after release. :lol

Bentendo

jrricky said:
Zelda for holiday 10?

You guys forgot about WiiVitality?:lol

Doesn't Nintendo usually have about 2 or 3 big games for the winter?

2007: Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party DS, Phantom Hourglass, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
2008: Wii Music, City Folk, Kirby Super Star Ultra
2009: NSMBW, Wii Fit Plus, Spirit Tracks, Bowser's Inside Story, Style Savvy
2010: Wii Vitality Sensor, ???

I think it would be really risky to release just the Vitality Sensor and no other big titles. I'm not saying it'll be Zelda because personally I don't think it will be, but it has to be something big.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Aaron Strife said:
"Will Nintendo be releasing Sin & Punishment 2 in the United States?"

*Iwata laughs*

Dude, it's coming for certain. It's being advertised in GameStop. If Nintendo is paying GameStop to advertise the game and yet holds from a US release, that would be complete fucking management incompetence of the highest order.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Aaron Strife said:
Post sucks because of the DS bashing. If you wanted to bash the DS all you had to include was this:
24gu1ol.jpg

And it'll actually be a part of the event!

Seriously though, why you gotta be hatin' the DS? After that I laughed.

EzLink

Banned
AceBandage said:
I'm surprised they weren't already when they first said Sonic would be in SMG2.

If you all are referring to this stuff:

"Well, that's when they're going to reveal Sonic in Mario Galaxy 2, obviously" - Kittsy

"Me, playing loads of awesome Nintendo games." - Matthew

"DS2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Pilotwings, Star Fox, more Pokeymans, erm, Bahamut Lagoon DS remake. Things like that." - Andy

"Hopefully some Mario and Metroid. I doubt the latest Jewel Quest will get a mention, though. Shame." - Charolette

It seems like they are very clearly saying these things with a light hearted, non-serious tone

Crayons

Banned
Aaron Strife said:

"This is from my family's vacation to Disney World last year. We had much fun, until Little Timmy was molested by a man in a Goofy costume, who we later discovered wasn't even a park employee."

Oh my god :lol

Penguin

AceBandage said:
We can for providing false information willingly.
They aren't saying "Maybe Sonic will be in SMG2"
They are saying he definitely will.

The stuff he quoted however was part of a blog in which they stated what they expected to see. Which is still predictions, and we don't know if Sonic is in Galaxy 2 yet.

Rctdaemon

Aaron Strife said:

:lol I was going to post a bingo card for the summit, but that beats anything I could come up with.

yankee666

Aaron Strife said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol EPIC.
Sadly i dont expect much for the US summit, just a couple of release dates (Mario, Metroid, DsiXL) and with a little bit of luck a black Wii. NO Zelda, DS2, WII HD, PIKMIN 3, Kid Icarus etc, they dont even gonna mention any of this.

joedick

Bentendo said:
Doesn't Nintendo usually have about 2 or 3 big games for the winter?

2007: Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party DS, Phantom Hourglass, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
2008: Wii Music, City Folk, Kirby Super Star Ultra
2009: NSMBW, Wii Fit Plus, Spirit Tracks, Bowser's Inside Story, Style Savvy
2010: Wii Vitality Sensor, ???

I think it would be really risky to release just the Vitality Sensor and no other big titles. I'm not saying it'll be Zelda because personally I don't think it will be, but it has to be something big.

Keep in mind that at this point last year we didn't know anout NSMBW. The big Q4 game could be announced at E3 again....

"Talk of nintendo wanting to retain their loyal fanbase. Sounds promising."

It'd be great if Reggie came out tomorrow and said, "We've been listening to the hardcore fans, so we've decided to launch a budget line consisting of games that the hardcore has been asking for."

And then the first three releases are Trace Memory, Disaster and Fatal Frame for $29.99 a pop, with signs pointing to more announcements coming in the next few months.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
jj984jj said:
Post sucks because of the DS bashing. If you wanted to bash the DS all you had to include was this:
24gu1ol.jpg

And it'll actually be a part of the event!

Seriously though, why you gotta be hatin' the DS? After that I laughed.
She stole my DSi. Give it back box art lady D:

I thought the game was a joke at first, but then I realize the box was a little to good for a photoshop. Maybe since it looks like Nintendo made it will be good :/

Regulus Tera said:
IT PAINS ME

PAINS ME LIKE A THOUSAND SUNS
I think, Tera, you're going to be happy with how that localization is turning out.*

*Unless it was cancelled since I last saw it which is totally fucking possible with everything ever at NOA.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ShockingAlberto said:
I think, Tera, you're going to be happy with how that localization is turning out.*

*Unless it was cancelled since I last saw it which is totally fucking possible with everything ever at NOA.

Alberto, you're no helper!

Top Bottom