• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of Europe will have a Black Friday sale too

oni-link

Yeah me too. Big games i rather have on disc anyways.

Same, the thing is when it comes to NES, SNES, and GBA games, I don't want to pay £4, £5 or £6 for them, because I can get PS1 games on PSN for better than those prices, often when they're not even on sale

I wish they'd just put all the VC games on sale, even just 40% off, just for one day, I'd end up spending loads, whereas I doubt I'll spend a single penny on the eShop over the next few days if this is all they can be arsed to do

When you buy a Nintendo system you do need to accept you'll be spending a lot more on games than you would for any other system, but at least throw us a bone digitally.

£5 for a 50hz PAL SNES ROM they have arbitrarily made dimmer than the original cart and then dumped onto the eShop is borderline insulting

Why stop there? Personally I see Zł prices, I guess Denmark, Sweden and Norway have their respective krones, Switzerland has franks...

The euro price is close enough for you to estimate your local price, and I'm not going to spend time researching prices specifically for UK. Sorry, not sorry.

Be real here.

The £ matters more than all of those combined.

PtM

Banned
Why stop there? Personally I see Zł prices, I guess Denmark, Sweden and Norway have their respective krones, Switzerland has franks...

The euro price is close enough for you to estimate your local price, and I'm not going to spend time researching prices specifically for UK. Sorry, not sorry.
Don't expect you to research them, they do come up itt.
Not all of them, and with a delay.

It's not like there are pages of these deals to be browsed anyway. If you can't check them, you can't buy them either. I'm simply not doing this. If moderators feel offended on behalf of UK they can edit the OP themselves.
Fine, it was just a suggestion.

Not all of them, and with a delay.

It's not like there are pages of these deals to be browsed anyway. If you can't check them, you can't buy them either. I'm simply not doing this. If moderators feel offended on behalf of UK they can edit the OP themselves.

scamander

Banned
Cyber Monday Week 3/4

3DS:

Kirby Triple Deluxe (27,99€ / -30%)
Code Name STEAM (23,99€ / -40%)

I am too lazy to check on Wii U right now. :p

EDIT:
On Wii U:

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (27,99€ / -30%)
Game & Wario (23,99€ / -40%)

ZeroX03

Banned
Both STEAM and Triple Deluxe are amazing. Do it if on the fence. STEAM patched enemy turns which was one of the biggest reviewer complaints.

scamander

Banned
^
The problem is, that Code Name STEAM was sold for just £5 this week on amazon. It would have been a great price, if it didn't sold so badly, that you can get it for bargain bin prices everywhere.

I already own the Kirby games and I have no desire to get Game & Wario ever. So... it's Day 3 and they still didn't sell me anything (I already own most of the reduced games to be fair).

scamander

Banned
I don't really expect them to include non-retail games in the offer at all, after the first three days. But maybe they surprise us.

Nbz

These "sales" continue to be absolutely terrible

Code Name STEAM is currently £15 on Amazon. Why anyone would buy it on the e-shop I have no idea

Updated OP. Thanks, you two.

Maybe we all will figure out a simple method of grabbing multiple prices from eShop for the next sale. Right now, I am too tired to manage that all.

hohoXD123

Code Name STEAM is currently £15 on Amazon. Why anyone would buy it on the e-shop I have no idea

And it was £5 in one of the lightning deals. Nintendo are taking the piss somewhat.

-shadow-

Because I don't have a creditcard? Which sucks, because I'd love to buy through Amazon. It's very often ridiculously cheap.
Well that and I'd love to have it digital. I've recently gotten a few games digital and it's absolutely great for the 3DS.

Yagharek

I'd much rather see them do sales on digital only games rather than ones which are retail also. Because I have most of the ones that have been on sale anyway.

The games that have been on sale are good (except puzzle dragons and the 3ds version of nes remix).

PetrCobra

Grabbed Tropical Freeze, will pass on today's deals. I wonder if this is the worst digital games sale I've ever seen. It probably is.

PantsuJo

This will be remembered as the shittiest sales of recent years, even for the usual (pricey) Nintendo standards.

Good job, Nintendo. I checked the shop constantly these 2 days :(
I don't expect incredible discounts and offers but at least a good selection of N. games under the barrier of 20€ but... No, I've expected too much.

I've just bought 6 Japanese games on Steam with 29.99€ totally and now I'm super happy.
This is the digital service that deserve my money for the Black Friday weekend.

These deals are joke.
Yep no third party (once again a problem of America and Europe not communicating), no non-retail resulting is half as many deals and the whole affair is drawn out by "24 hours only" gimmicks (which actually has lost them at least one Super Mario 3D World sale).

scamander

Banned
I'm wondering if they are just waiting for a christmas sale, since no third party etc.

Don't count on it. I still remember NoE's E3 sale from last (?) year. Didn't hold a candle to NoA's one, which didn't exactly set the world on fire as well.

NoE is much better at giving games away for free to loyal customers, though. Maybe there will be some kind of give-away to people who switched to the new 3DS model early, again. It's probably already a little late for that, though. Maybe next year after their new loyalty program has started.

jeffers

Don't count on it. I still remember NoE's E3 sale from last (?) year. Didn't hold a candle to NoA's one, which didn't exactly set the world on fire as well.

NoE is much better at giving games away for free to loyal customers, though. Maybe there will be some kind of give-away to people who switched to the new 3DS model early, again. It's probably already a little late for that, though. Maybe next year after their new loyalty program has started.

Yeah it was more of a token statement than any real belief :p Thinking at least third parties will have some good sales though. These deals do make me wonder what the new reward program will actually be like... Play 1000 hours for £1 off? :p

edit: also guess one of the issues here is the digital starting price so many months from release.

ilium

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D 26,99€
Kid Icarus: Uprising 19,99€

Pretty good actually! Already own XBC sadly (amazing game), so how's Kid Icarus?

scamander

Banned
Final Cyber Week Day:

3DS:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (26,99€ / -40%)
Kid Icarus Uprising (19,99€ / -42%)

Wii U:
Xenoblade Chronicles (9,99€ / -50%)
Bayonetta 2 (29,99€ / -40%)

Bankoiia

Final day.

Wii U:
Bayonetta 2, 40%
Xenoblade Chronicles, 50%

Can't check 3DS.

Might get Bayonetta for that price. The discount on the first game should still be good, right?

scamander

Banned
Which version of Xenoblade would you recommend? I know the Wii version is prettier, but I heard they improved some things in the 3DS game. Quest Management? I don't remember exactly.

Might get Bayonetta for that price. The discount on the first game should still be good, right?

Yes, it will still work.^^

KaneU

Yay, finally something for me! I'm gonna get Kid Icarus and Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii! Is it true that it can be played with the tablet gamepad even tho it's a Wii game?

peakish

Cool, I was hoping that Bayonetta would go on sale. This plus the special price for Bayonetta 1 will make it cheaper than buying at retail so go me.

cyba89

Which version of Xenoblade would you recommend? I know the Wii version is prettier, but I heard they improved some things in the 3DS game. Quest Management? I don't remember exactly.

There aren't any actual gameplay improvements I think.
I played the 3DS version and that one played perfectly fine. Aside from some slowdowns in battles but you also get those in the Wii version.
It's just a matter if you prefer to play this on a console or a handheld.

Oregano

Interesting that both Platinum games were put on sale. Also super tempted to buy Xenoblade for a third time at that price...

Top Bottom