• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo official financial report (10/25),Wii worldwide sales revealed

chris0701

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2007/071025.pdf

Wii 13.17m:lol
(This quarter ended in 2007/09/30,so Wii obviously sold more than 14m now)

200710251343587763371.jpg

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wow, they've officially overtaken the 360 as far as shipment's are concerned I believe.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Holy fuck, they're more than halfway past the GC's total LTD in just under a year?

Evlar

Banned
JohnTinker said:
13.7 million shipped? or 13.7 million sold?
These numbers are always "shipped". Nintendo normally counts units received by retail partners. So do the other two now.

koam

Oct. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Nintendo Co., maker of the Wii game player, said first-half profit and sales doubled after the console outsold Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3. The company raised its profit outlook to a record for the second time this year.

Net income jumped to 132.4 billion yen ($1.2 billion), or 1,035.36 yen a share, in the six months to Sept. 30, from 54.3 billion yen, or 424.86 yen, a year earlier, the Kyoto, Japan- based company said in a statement today. Sales climbed to 694.8 billion yen from 298.8 billion yen.

Nintendo, whose market value more than doubled this year, sold 7.33 million Wii players in the half, attracting consumers with tennis and boxing games that respond to a player's body movements. The company will sell the ``Wii Fit'' game, promoted as an exercise version, at the end of the year to try to keep its lead against Sony and Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360.

Microsoft sold more Xbox 360s than the Wii in September, the first time this year, helped by its ``Halo 3'' shooting title.

Sony earlier this month said it will cut the Japan price of the PlayStation 3 by as much as 10 percent, following a similar reduction in the U.S. Sony will also introduce its cheapest version of the player next month in Japan.

Nintendo, the world's biggest maker of handheld game players, today raised its annual profit outlook to 275 billion yen from a July forecast of 245 billion yen.

Operating profit, or sales minus the cost of goods sold and administrative expenses, rose to 188.8 billion yen in the half- year from 67.1 billion yen a year earlier.

Bloomberg

NTDOYers unite! Tonight we dine in profits!

schuelma

JohnTinker said:
13.7 million shipped? or 13.7 million sold?

The two numbers are probably pretty close.

Although if I'm reading this report correctly, Europe might be selling more than I thought.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
10.7% Rise in Earnings Forecast. 13.5% in Profit.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Exactly.

What is it?
Shipped. (Or sold to retailers).

schuelma

" sold 7.33 million Wii players in the half"

So does this mean from April-September Nintendo actually sold 7.33M Wii's?

Holy Crap

schuelma

So does this graph say they've shipped 4M to PAL regions?

Guess I have to adjust my sales estimates upwards..again.

schuelma

Looks like Nintendo increased their Wii forecast by another million?

koam

Sean said:
Microsoft: "first to 10 million wins"
Nintendo: "bwahahahahaaa"

We don't actually know who hit 10 million first. Microsoft shipped them first but nintendo might have sold them first.

schuelma

PAL shipments have really increased- 1.5M in 4 months, averaging almost about 375K a month.

Top Bottom