• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo on E3: "..announcements in a new way that we have not tried before"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

courtesy of StreetsAhead:

今年のE3では、当社は新ハードの発表を予定しておりませんし、ソフトを発表し、体験をいただくことがE3の主な活動になります。当社が発表するW ii Uゲームについてもっと良く知りたいと多くの方々が大いなる興味をお持ちですし、当社はE3のタイミングを利用して、今年発売するWii Uゲームを中心にその詳細をお伝えし、かつ、来場者にすぐに体験いただけるようにするつもりです。そこで、今年はこれまでにない取り組みとして、E3での新たな 発表形式を確立することにチャレンジします。

At this years E3 we will not be announcing a new hardware system, so E3's primary mission will be to have [press, analysts] experience our software. Many people would like to know more about the titles for Wii U that will be announced. We will use the timing of E3 to focus on providing details about our Wii U titles for release this year, and intend to create opportunities for guests to the conference to experience them immediately. We will attempt to use this year's E3 to make announcements in a new way that we have not tried before.

apparently lots of playable demos?

edit: Update

以前は、この決算説明会の場で、製品に関する新情報などもお伝えして、それをインターネットで動画配信することも行ってきましたが、Nintend o Directのような新たな手法が確立した今、それぞれの異なる立場の皆様に、個別に情報発信を行うことにより、より的確で効果的な情報発信ができるのではない かと考えています。

まず、例年のような世界中の皆様に向けた全方位向けの、新しいニュースを発信するような大規模プレゼンテーションを行わないことにいたしました。それに替わり、 より小規模な米国向けソフトに焦点を当てた複数のイベントを計画しております。

In the past, we have announced new titles at Investor's Meetings and then uploaded videos onto the internet, but with new methods like Nintendo Direct, that we have now, we believe that we are able to provide more appropriate and effective information separately to people from different standpoints and interests [gamer, investor, etc].

First, we have decided not to hold a large-scale presentation where new news is presented to a general audience from all over the world as in previous years. Instead, we are planning several smaller events for software targeted at the American market. One of these will be a closed event for distributors, and another will be a closed event for the Western press. I did not appear in last years presentation, and I do not intend to appear in these events either. Apart from these closed events, during E3, we are deliberating how to deliver game information to those at home using new methods, so we will announce further plans later.

In clear words:

No E3 conference.e.

Through a giant game of telephone from one internet video game journalist to the next.

Starts with Mario Kart U this fall, ends up being Captain Rainbow 2 and 3 coming to virtual boy only this fall exclusive to Australia.

Well, usually Nintendo has some folks get up on the stage and play the game for a while.

Crazy idea, but what if Nintendo's new way of doing things is to distribute GamePads to the audience to let them all play? I know, crazy. But maybe something like that is possible. Otherwise I can't think of any "new" way to announce a game.

Toki767

They should probably just put up demos immediately after their conference.'

I'm guessing they mean Spot Pass announcements though.

tkscz

You want to announce them in a new way? Any demo playable at E3 should be available for download.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I bet they'll give 3DS' or WiiU gamepads to everyone in the audience to play demos or watch videos.. and then let them keep them at the end, or something insane like that.

diaspora

Miiverse announcements perhaps? Maybe they'll even post new screens of new games there as screengrabs from their Wii Us.

BD1

Banned
The translations are a little rough right now, but they also seemed to basically say they won't be having a big scale presentation this year. (!?)

Meelow

Banned
Less sales bragging and casual crap, more games?

Nintendo hasn't talked about console sales since E3 2008, and I doubt they will brag about the Wii U sales, and Nintendo hasn't really pushed the causal appeal also since 2008, they show some casual titles but not like 2008.

A lot changed since 2008.

以前は、この決算説明会の場で、製品に関する新情報などもお伝えして、それをインターネットで動画配信することも行ってきましたが、Nintendo Directのような新たな手法が確立した今、それぞれの異なる立場の皆様に、個別に情報発信を行うことにより、より的確で効果的な情報発信ができるのではないかと考えています。

In the past, we have announced new titles at Investor's Meetings and then uploaded videos onto the internet, but with new methods like Nintendo Direct, that we have now, we believe that we are able to provide more appropriate and effective information separately to people from different standpoints and interests [gamer, investor, etc].

まず、例年のような世界中の皆様に向けた全方位向けの、新しいニュースを発信するような大規模プレゼンテーションを行わないことにいたしました。それに替わり、より小規模な米国向けソフトに焦点を当てた複数のイベントを計画しております。

First, we have decided not to hold a large-scale presentation where new news is presented to a general audience from all over the world as in previous years. Instead, we are planning several smaller events for software targeted at the American market.

In clear words:

No E3 conference.e.

They should probably just put up demos immediately after their conference.'

I'm guessing they mean Spot Pass announcements though.

I was thinking that too - put demos up asap of the games they show and bring the experience of E3 home that will definitely go over well and might take some limelight away from the other two.

Gameplay after gameplay after gameplay...gimme!!!

Hes right though sales and all that jazz should be something for investors the fans want to see the games!

Lunar15

Thank God someone realized these press conferences were becoming irrelevant. Just announce stuff through press channels and have stuff on the floor.

GAF's not gonna take this lightly though, lol.

Volotaire

First, we have decided not to hold a large-scale presentation where new news is presented to a general audience from all over the world as in previous years.

In clear words:

No E3 conference.

Ok wtf is going here? Loads of Nintnedo Directs? Loads of smaller presentations instead? Demos?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Outside of a relaunch or some crazy new accessory, E3 demos available on the eShop would be the only way I could see them stealing any sizeable amount of attention from Sony or Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom