• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo, please put these HD ports out for Switch immediately!

Which of these games would you personally love for your Switch?

• Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Votes: 57 32.2%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 80 45.2%
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy

Votes: 116 65.5%
  • Splatoon 1

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Zelda: The Wind Waker

Votes: 72 40.7%
  • Super Mario 3D Land

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Metroid Samus Returns

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Votes: 73 41.2%
  • Zelda: Majoras Mask

Votes: 58 32.8%
  • Punch Out! & Super & Punch Out!! Wii

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Luigis Mansion 1 & 2 Dark Moon

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Wario Land 2 & 3 & 4

• Metroid Fusion

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Super Metroid

Votes: 50 28.2%
  • Metroid Zero Mission

Votes: 43 24.3%
  • Zelda 1 & 2: Adventure of Link

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Super Mario 1 & 3

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Super Mario World

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • Zelda 3: A Link To The Past

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Zelda: The Minish Cap

• Zelda: Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks

• Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Seasons

• Total voters

HYDE

Banned
Nintendo’s console game’s legacy needs to be on Switch and in their next Switch 2.

I wish I had room to include DK 94 and a Castlevania DS trilogy, since we already have the GBA trilogy. Kid Icarus 1 & 2: Of Myths and Monsters also. Maybe Metroid: Other M?…nah. Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword or MGS Ghost Babel would be sweet too!!

Please comment with those games you’d like to see made available to purchase for your Switch. Show that love GAF!

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

If you can get ahold of a steam deck…
Adqjtjl.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
None. I already have those games available on older consoles or through emulation.

Make new games please, fuck off with the ports.

I would suggest promoting piracy here. Its against the TOS.
Who said anything about piracy or promotion at that.. People can rip their games and use them on the deck.

Emulation is a thing, if companies would stop being stingy about releasing their old games, it wouldn't be an issue.
Sell them on a storefront, compatible with modern consoles and pc and they would make money.

NahaNago

I'd like the last story to be ported to switch. I guess splatoon 1 as well. I'm kinda surprised they didn't port that game. I played a little bit of both games but didn't get far.

Why do i see zero mention of all the old Fire emblem games listed (shadow dragon, sacred stones, radient dawn, echoes, awakening, etc...)
OR no mention of Advanced Wars (something we can't even get when it was supposed to come out months ago :( , sorry that crap art wartune is no substitute.)

Little Mac

Gold Member
Anything Metroid ... anything Punch Out. Tell Capcom to remaster Viewtiful Joe too. And Konami to do a 2D HD Sprite remake of Symphony of the Night.

I will buy the next Switch if Nintendo can get it's shit together and rise up to the standards GAF demands of it.

Show Me The Money GIF

Bragr

Banned
I would love that Fire Emblem on the Gamecube to show up somewhere, it's a bitch to find physical copies of that. Also an HD version of A Thousand Year Door and even Eternal Darkness and Viewtiful Joe.

The Wii version of Punch-Out would be sweet. Also, Eleedes and Zack and Wiki would be cool to see come back.

The Metroid Prime Trilogy is the holy grail of ports though.

radewagon

Emulation is a thing, if companies would stop being stingy about releasing their old games, it wouldn't be an issue.
Sell them on a storefront, compatible with modern consoles and pc and they would make money.
agreeing kevin corrigan GIF

“One thing that we have learned is that piracy is not a pricing issue. It’s a service issue. The easiest way to stop piracy is not by putting antipiracy technology to work. It’s by giving those people a service that’s better than what they’re receiving from the pirates.”
- Gaben

93xfan

Banned
Nintendo has been dragging their feet, particularly with 3D Zelda and Metroid re-releases.

Been pretty unhappy with my Switch post 2020

MrMephistoX

Steam deck on the way, just got my fedex shipping notice. How does this play on controller? don't you need wii mote?
The right trackpad basically acts as the WiiMote so it works flawlessly. Super Mario Galaxy 2 also is fine you can just use it to grab stars only thing that doesn’t work is the shake functionality but I haven’t run into any issues.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Zelda WW HD and TP HD should be no-brainers. I dont get why they didn’t release them yet.
Other than that they should bring Metroid Prime finally.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Zelda WW HD and TP HD should be no-brainers. I dont get why they didn’t release them yet.
Other than that they should bring Metroid Prime finally.
Make fans desperate, then maybe they won’t complain when they’re $60 each with no new enhancements

ReBurn

Gold Member
They've spent enough time porting games everyone has already played. They should make new games instead.

Top Bottom