• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo, please put these HD ports out for Switch immediately!

Which of these games would you personally love for your Switch?

• Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Votes: 57 32.2%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 80 45.2%
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy

Votes: 116 65.5%
  • Splatoon 1

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Zelda: The Wind Waker

Votes: 72 40.7%
  • Super Mario 3D Land

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Metroid Samus Returns

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Votes: 73 41.2%
  • Zelda: Majoras Mask

Votes: 58 32.8%
  • Punch Out! & Super & Punch Out!! Wii

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Luigis Mansion 1 & 2 Dark Moon

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Wario Land 2 & 3 & 4

• Metroid Fusion

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Super Metroid

Votes: 50 28.2%
  • Metroid Zero Mission

Votes: 43 24.3%
  • Zelda 1 & 2: Adventure of Link

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Super Mario 1 & 3

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Super Mario World

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • Zelda 3: A Link To The Past

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Zelda: The Minish Cap

• Zelda: Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks

• Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Seasons

• Total voters

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How the fuck is SM64 not in that list? The ROM in SM3DAS doesn't count (if it does, several of the games in that list are already on Switch as well, through NSO).

Porcile

Erm Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are in HD on NSO and arguably better versions than their 3DS remakes.

Apocryphon

Twilight Princess will undoubtedly come at some point. Like Portal, NVIDIA Lightspeed already did the work of porting the game to the Tegra chipset along with Super Mario Galaxy and Half Life 2 along with it's expansions. We now have both Portal games and SMG...we'll get Twilight Princess and Half Life 2 + Ep1 & Ep2 eventually.

Kataploom

Gold Member
They've spent enough time porting games everyone has already played. They should make new games instead.
This is the wrong assumption of the complainers... I love when they announce old games ported to current platforms because I haven't played them and have had the desire to play then some time in my life. Keep coming, old games, I don't care if you're not added anything new, just keep coming :D

Moses85

What about creating superb new games instead? The HD Versions Nintendo delivered are lousy.

Dophin emulated games are better and are free.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
don't really want any of them but if we get an Ocarina/Majora's Remake then i'll take it but i'm not necessarily asking for it.

Star-Lord

Out of the options you've listed, I'd be most down for a Metroid Prime trilogy remaster, along with Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: ALttP, and Super Mario World.

trikster40

Geez, OP, just left Super Mario Bros 2 right ddd the list, huh? Some of us actuallly enjoyed it as kids. Tons of secrets, challenging.

Mitsurux

I've always wanted Nintendo to do an Arcade collection (similar to the ps1 Namco museum titles). You can sort if make your own with the ACA releases on switch, but I would love to see ads, artwork history stuff etc.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nintendo’s ideology is having classics like Mario and Zelda “live on” rebuying games today is a huge attraction.

HYDE

Banned
I must have been a weird kid because Mario 2 and Zelda 2 are actually some of my favorites in those series.
No, they were just so drastically different than their first games that they left a sour taste. I can appreciate them for what they are now. I have no desire to play SMB2 again, but a Zelda 2 remake has a chance to be fire…especially if they got rid of the random encounters on the world exploration.

Camreezie

New games instead of ones i can already play on switch. The rest of the unavailable titles on the list should be ported

fart town usa

Gold Member
The bastard in me loves that the majority of those games are available on the Wii U.

Tell me again how much the Wii U sucks! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

talk let GIF

Also, severe lack of Xenoblade Chronicles X on that list. That's arguably the best game locked to the Wii U.

HYDE

Banned
The bastard in me loves that the majority of those games are available on the Wii U.

Tell me again how much the Wii U sucks! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

talk let GIF

Also, severe lack of Xenoblade Chronicles X on that list. That's arguably the best game locked to the Wii U.
Wii U game pad sucks. Pro controller all day and one screen at a time. Switch docked ftw. Lol! Bastard…

BlackTron

In my opinion, Super Mario 3D Land and Zelda ALBW made meaningful use of the 3D and would be soulless ported over. I say this as someone who hardly used the 3D for anything and am not a huge fan of 3D in general. I just felt Nintendo really built the games around the hardware here and showed how to make 3D work in a game.

I felt the same way about the DS port of Mario 64 using a d-pad after this game was like the poster child for deft use of an analog control stick. I'd rather use original hardware than that.

Edit: I think the reason we don't have Galaxy 2 is because it really needs a Wii Remote with dead accuracy, and not in the way you could just map it to the right control stick. Motion control would also be a poor substitute. The IR pointer controlled Yoshi's tongue, which had to be aimed and used mid-jump successive times in a row. I think this is why it wasn't in the anniversary collection, a lot of people would get stuck on an early level when you get Yoshi due to control headaches.

Last edited:

Nydius

Lol where is fzero gx?
Came here to post this exact thing.

Seriously Nintendo, give me a upscaled F-Zero GX that has the AX mode accessible as well and my fanboy ass would easily pay the asking price. Especially since GX still holds up pretty well today and we're unlikely to get a legitimate F-Zero game in the future.

Top Bottom