• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club: special offert at launch (until May 1st)

L~A

From Nintendo's PR:

Create your own pocket-sized dynasty from 17th April when Nintendo Pocket Football Club releases exclusively on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS, available at a special launch offer price of £10.79/11.99€ until 1st May (23:59 local time). After this date, the game will be available to purchase from Nintendo eShop for £13.49/14.99€.

Trailer is there: YouTube!

Artworks can be found there : clickey!

Sorry the lack of embeds, but a bit busy at the moment...

kubus

Wow, I expected it to be way cheaper. But then again I also expected this to be a bit like Cairosoft's mobile sims.

I generally don't care for football but I love Inazuma Eleven. Might check this out when it comes out. Thanks for the heads up OP.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow, I expected it to be way cheaper. But then again I also expected this to be a bit like Cairosoft's mobile sims.

I generally don't care for football but I love Inazuma Eleven. Might check this out when it comes out. Thanks for the heads up OP.
Waaay cheaper? Man some of you guys are cheap xD This game was 40 Euro full prized title in Japan.

Day 1 - less than 15 Euros, is the perfect price I was hoping for. No excuses.

kubus

Waaay cheaper? Man some of you guys are cheap xD This game was 40 Euro full prized title in Japan.

Day 1 - less than 15 Euros, is the perfect price I was hoping for. No excuses.
Yeah like I said, I thought this was a simple mobile sim game. It looks exactly like one of Kairosoft's games which go for 2 to 3 euro I think. So I thought it would be something like that :p. Had no idea it was already out in Japan either.

deleted

Makes me wonder if there will be a huge eShop promotion starting with the world-cup in June. The games applicable for that are starting to line up.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
As I was saying in the other thread: I can't talk too much, but...
contents are not a problem in this game. and servers for online ranking matches are not yet up!
If you are interested in some sort of Football Manager with Sensible Soccer 8-bit graphics, exploit the offer. You'll not regret it.
You can manage your team, finding out new "training cards" with exibition matches, create your shirts, logo, name, participate to local smaller championship, try to win matches to go up in the rankings, trade players, play online ranking matches, and so on and on...

Do we know if there's going to be a demo of this? I'm interested enough that I'd like to give it a go, but not so interested that I'd be willing to blindly hand over even the reduced price. I know so little about it - is it a sort of super-simplified Football Manager, or is there more to it than that?

Shiggy

When I checked my mails today and saw that price, I thought I was dreaming. That's damn cheap, if you consider what this is and that it was - rightfully - a full price title in Japan. I'm even more surprised about the launch offer.

I'm definitely getting this, can't wait. I've blamed them often enough for relying on established concepts, so I'd be stupid not to get something like NPFC.

I was thinking of buying it until I read this:
to play practice games against Focused Training Teams and Challenge Teams when you move to the Advanced league, and these meetings offer the chance to bolster your team in specific areas you feel they need work. To play these special sides you'll need to dig deep, however — they are locked away behind a paywall and require an in-app purchase to access.

Why?
Is this important during the game?

jonno394

Why?

You've misquoted the article tbh and missed out the most important bit

For example, it's possible — but entirely optional — to play practice games against Focused Training Teams and Challenge Teams when you move to the Advanced league, and these meetings offer the chance to bolster your team in specific areas you feel they need work. To play these special sides you'll need to dig deep, however — they are locked away behind a paywall and require an in-app purchase to access

As it states it's entirely optional and it will give you additional benefits such as improving your teams defence etc.

RiggyRob

Why?

Playing as many matches as possible is the best way to gain access to new training cards, and as you progress through the leagues you notice that new challenges are offered which allow you to track down new and unique cards. For example, it's possible — but entirely optional — to play practice games against Focused Training Teams and Challenge Teams when you move to the Advanced league, and these meetings offer the chance to bolster your team in specific areas you feel they need work. To play these special sides you'll need to dig deep, however — they are locked away behind a paywall and require an in-app purchase to access. Fans of FIFA's "Ultimate Team" mode will know all too well about frittering away precious cash on virtual goods, but casual users may find the experience rather exploitative, given Nintendo Pocket Football Club's already high price tag in relation to other 3DS eShop offerings.

It sounds like it's an optional challenge mode to get new training cards to upgrade your players, but you might be able to obtain those cards through normal play - it sounds like in the Advanced League, you can play friendlies to get cards instead of proper games but you have to pay to do so.

Edit: Never mind, the teams are special so they're probably different to the normal season mode.

As it states it's entirely optional and it will give you additional benefits such as improving your teams defence etc.

I know it's optional, but it's not like a free or 1 or 2 euros games from the app store. Training against special teams is not on the 15 euros game without paying more. I see that as a problem.

Shiggy

That's pretty bad imo. This isn't really a 1€ or 2€ app where it's reasonable to expect something like that.

Zornica

Banned
only 4 days left. can we get an OT going? I'm sure there are at least a few people on gaf who are going to buy this day one. (I know I will - again).

Majukun

don't know the game,unimpressed by the trailer though..it doesnt seem to offer much in terms of gameplay

BriBri

Pre-ordered from the official UK Nintendo store for just £10.79. Japanese version is amazing! GBA version is ace. Absolutely can't wait for the UK release!

Zornica

Banned
Do we know if there's going to be a demo of this? I'm interested enough that I'd like to give it a go, but not so interested that I'd be willing to blindly hand over even the reduced price. I know so little about it - is it a sort of super-simplified Football Manager, or is there more to it than that?

there is a japanese demo... so maybe we'll get one too?

Does anyone know how deep club customisation is? In the Japanese Version, you could even pick small towns as your home base. Is it going to be similar for the EU version? Can I go down to, say, district level? I hope it goes deeper than just "pick your country and that's it".

Top Bottom