• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power August 2009: NSMB Wii, SMG 2, Zelda Wii, more

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
- Koopa Kids may make a return

We know they are, there's video from E3 of them.

- No other characters outside of Mario, Luigi, and the two Toads

I'm personally happy with just Luigi, but that's some disappointing news right there.

Door2Dawn said:
Waluigi is better than Luigi.

Fuck you.

I AM JOHN! said:
Being better than Luigi is neither a challenge nor does it make Waluigi suck any less.

And you.

I'll continue to put myself in the ring.

Waluigi is not cooler than Luigi. That is absurd. Luigi is damn cool, sometimes cooler than Supah Mario, who's the coolest. However, Waluigi is still cool because he is, but not cooler than Wario. Wario is damn cool, too, sometimes just as cool as Supah Mario and pretty much always as cool as Luigi.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Zelda Wii being not too different is a good thing depending on what they are looking to carry over, and what new things there will be. If it retains the quality, dungeon design, and boss design, good.

I gotta be honest, I was excited when I read that fake Miyamoto quote. But after thinking about it, them jumpstarting what would essentially be a new series with the Zelda name has many, many different ways for them getting it wrong. Incremental improvements are fine by me.

ethelred

Osuwari said:
NSMB Wii is like the best chance to validate Waluigi's existence and they still refuse to put him into main mario games. intead we get some generic toads that could be just standing anywhere as p3 and p4.
Regulus Tera said:
But Waluigi sucks.
Door2Dawn said:
Waluigi is better than Luigi.
I AM JOHN! said:
Being better than Luigi is neither a challenge nor does it make Waluigi suck any less.
GhaleonQ said:
In what way is Waluigi not great? Dastardly '20's/30's film villains are underused this days, and he's hilarious everywhere he pops up.
RedBoot said:
There are so many damn characters in the Mario universe (not to mention an easy, ready-made quartet with Maio/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi) that going with uber-generic Blue Toad/Yellow Toad is just lazy and dull. If they simply added Wario and Waluigi in for the toads and renamed the game Super Mario Bros 4, I would have virtually no problems with the game.
I AM JOHN! said:
Annoying as fuck and totally stupid? He's a bootleg Wario with absolutely none of the charm.
TheGrayGhost said:
No, Waluigi is cool.

But neither Wario nor Waluigi belong in this game. Neither does Peach (she's going to save herself?) and neither does Daisy. What other characters are there? Toadette? Toadsworth? Either way, you'd be getting some variation of Toad. I suppose they could create new characters, but this wouldn't be an appropriate opportunity to do so.
I AM JOHN! said:
Get better taste.

There is only one character that need be playable. The true king of Mariodom and the best character alive. I dare only speak his name in hushed tones.

Dry Bones.
AzureJericho said:
Edit: Time the fuck out, there are people who consider Luigi lame for reals?
GhaleonQ said:
Cackling, grandiose posing, funny sayings, mustache twirling > farts, onions just as Snidely Whiplash > Larry The Cable Guy. I could understand hating both, but I'm going to have to call your judgment into question. I mean, let me reference my list of things that aren't meant to be charming.

1. Wario.
2. Going berserk over Mario characters.

See? You're faulted on both counts.
TheGrayGhost said:
Wario is cooler than Waluigi. But Waluigi is still cool because he is. That's all that needs to be said. I'm very anxious to get my hands on NSMB Wii.
Andrex said:
I'm personally happy with just Luigi, but that's some disappointing news right there.
Fuck you.
And you.
TheGrayGhost said:

Waluigi is not cooler than Luigi. That is absurd. Luigi is damn cool, sometimes cooler than Supah Mario, who's the coolest. However, Waluigi is still cool because he is, but not cooler than Wario. Wario is damn cool, too, sometimes just as cool as Supah Mario and pretty much always as cool as Luigi.

God, you people are even worse than the pervy Sonic fans arguing over whether Cream is better than Amy or if Silver is really Sonic's true soulmate. At least they have a sense of fucking shame.

Twig

Banned
GhaleonQ said:
Cackling, grandiose posing, funny sayings, mustache twirling > farts, onions just as Snidely Whiplash > Larry The Cable Guy. I could understand hating both, but I'm going to have to call your judgment into question. I mean, let me reference my list of things that aren't meant to be charming.

1. Wario.
2. Going berserk over Mario characters.

See? You're faulted on both counts.
You're being just as stupid as the Waluigi haters.

P.S. Wario rocks.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ethelred said:
God, you people are even worse than the pervy Sonic fans arguing over whether Cream is better than Amy or if Silver is really Sonic's true soulmate. At least they have a sense of fucking shame.

Luigi_VS_Waluigi_by_doctorWalui.png

New Super Mario Bros. Wii needs not only two characters in place of the Toads, but it needs UNLOCKABLES. Gawd, whose idea was it that people would prefer characters with no character. Neither Toad is even THE Toad! I mean, why can't we have Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Toad, DK, etc.?

Teknoman

Time out. Shinobu will be playable in NMH2?

If thats the case...she better have some cyborg parts or something. Especially after what happened to her in the first game.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ethelred said:

ethelred
Has more taste than you
(Today, 01:02 AM)
Reply | Quote

While I can understand the omission of Peach (she's there to be rescued after all) as a playable character in NSMB Wii, surely they could have come up with a reason for Wario and Waluigi to be there. Or even Daisy and regular red-spot Toad rather than two differently-hued clones.

Perhaps new characters could be unlocked at certain stages?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
A Link to the Snitch said:
Let me say this:

Waluigi probably sucks because he's never been given a CHANCE to shine.

No, it's just because he sucks.

GhaleonQ

TheOneGuy said:
You're being just as stupid as the Waluigi haters.

P.S. Wario rocks.

Your opinions invalidate each other. Quit being stupid.

ethelred said:
At least they have a sense of fucking shame.

Um, I said that Waluigi was a good character, and then, using irony, chided the people getting worked up over Mario characters. RECOGNIZING THAT NEEDN'T DULL YOUR SWORD OF JUDGMENT, OH ETHELRED.

Waluigi is just another Shoto clone. We already have three fireball spammers that wear similar clothes, do we really need a fourth?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Nintendo should make a Desert Bus clone with Waluigi. It'd be the perfect accompaniment to the WarioWare series.

I'd seriously buy that, by the way.

GhaleonQ

TheOneGuy said:
P.P.S. Are you a five-year-old? Or do you just play one on the internet?

Calling people stupid and then replicating their behavior is odd. I'm glad that it gave you the opportunity to dust that rejoinder off, but, again, calling me stupid was unnecessary. Why continue the insults?

OnPoint

TheGrayGhost said:

I made this so you never have to explain it again:

supermariochart.jpg

Twig

Banned
OnPoint: NICE.
GhaleonQ said:
Calling people stupid and then replicating their behavior is odd. I'm glad that it gave you the opportunity to dust that rejoinder off, but, again, calling me stupid was unnecessary. Why continue the insults?
I actually didn't call you stupid. I said you're being stupid. Like it or not there is a distinct difference.

Why do you continue this alleged act of willful ignorance?

GhaleonQ

TheOneGuy said:
I actually didn't call you stupid. I said you're being stupid. Like it or not there is a distinct difference.

Why do you continue this alleged act of willful ignorance?

I would have preferred, "Sorry," but I suppose parsing your rhetoric is...not the same at all. And then I reply with passive aggression! Oh, NeoGAF, you bring out the worst in everyone
but mostly TheOneGuy
!

Twig

Banned
GhaleonQ said:
I would have preferred, "Sorry," but I suppose parsing your rhetoric is...not the same at all. And then I reply with passive aggression! Oh, NeoGAF, you bring out the worst in everyone
but mostly TheOneGuy
!
Oh, that's good! All right, I apologize to everyone for you. It really is a shame they have to suffer your idiocy. We go on in the hopes that one day you will grow up.

Good enough for you?

GhaleonQ

TheOneGuy said:
Oh, that's good! All right, I apologize to everyone for you. It really is a shame they have to suffer your idiocy. We go on in the hopes that one day you will grow up.

Good enough for you?

Masterstroke.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Vinnk said:
This.

But they should have Peach in there. My nieces will be so sad if they don't.

So instead of a shitty character, you want a really shitty character.

Vinnk said:
This.

But they should have Peach in there. My nieces will be so sad if they don't.
I think he is hiding something. "Thats all" is to sharp of a statement . . . he is dodging!

Anyway, I say the tall one will be replaced with Peach and the short one will become reg red Toad.

The only really awful thing about Waluigi is his stupid name.

Mario -> Wario = clever and funny

Luigi -> Waluigi = incredibly dumb

Yazus

Thread derailment: whos better between Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi. Topic name change imminent?

Also, why the fuck couldnt Nintendo make Peach a playable character (maybe unlockable at the end of the game)? Probably because the game ends with Peach kissing mario and saying THANK YOU MARIO and the game ends. So they cant make 2 peachs :lol

Anyways, I dont care as I will play the game in 2 or 3 maximum, so no two Toads.

Oh, and Nintendo probably didnt add Wario/Waluigi because its never stated (only in mixed games like party/smash bros) that Wario and Waluigi live in the Mushroom Kingdom. So they probably didnt wanted to mix the franchise and start a trend (Wario in 2D mario platformer)

OnPoint

Yazus said:
Thread derailment: whos better between Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi. Topic name change imminent?

The Gray Ghost settled this already. If you have a problem with his official order, I suggest you take it up with him.

Yazus said:
Also, why the fuck couldnt Nintendo make Peach a playable character (maybe unlockable at the end of the game)? Probably because the game ends with Peach kissing mario and saying THANK YOU MARIO and the game ends. So they cant make 2 peachs :lol

Or they could have Daisy be the final princess, in an M. Night style twist!

camineet

Banned
- Miyamoto on Zelda Wii: “I don’t think it’s going to be that radically different.”

So, Twilight Princess 2 with a few twists to story, revamped gameplay engine using MotionPlus. Thus some new, but not a radical reboot of the series.

Twig

Banned
McBacon said:
Wario is fucking dope. Better not be any Wario haters in here
A brother in arms! Welcome, friend.

camineet said:
So, Twilight Princess 2 with a few twists to story, revamped gameplay engine using MotionPlus. Thus some new, but not a radical reboot of the series.
or maybe he means zelda is going back to its roots nes style hu hu HUH?!

)':

Aru

camineet said:

:(

Aeana

camineet said:
Is it really necessary for you to do that? It was bad enough when you were just bolding your posts, but now you're highlighting them too? Your points aren't any more important than anybody else's.

camineet said:
So basically like any sequel ever made?

camineet said:
Five straight games without a single major innovation?

Fuck the Zelda franchise.

Top Bottom