• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima's approval rating up to 97.70 % (from 87.14 %)

marmoka

Banned
He's completely different from Iwata, but I love how he continues Iwata's legacy. He may not appear in Directs, or may be a businessman instead of a developer, but I think he loves the gaming world.

Switch is Iwata's orphan baby, and Kimishima is doing his best to give a successful future to this kid.

Congratulations Mr Kimishima!

GCX

Kimishima is definitely a transition CEO. He was not chosen to lead decades like Yamauchi, Iwata, etc, but for the time being until a new plan is laid out and they have groomed the next president. That doesn't mean the change will happen in the imminent future though.

He's not in Direct or at E3. highly suspicious!
Every CEO doesn't have to act as a PR figure.

Luigiv

I thought he was just a transition pres.

Is he in place for good now?

Nintendo has been doing well with him for sure.

He was a transition pres in the same way the Switch is the successor of the 3DS. Which is to say Nintendo has officially made statements on numerous occasions to the opposite effect and their actions have been entirely inline with said statement, yet the fans still, somehow, insist on it being the case and act surprised when Nintendo does exactly what they said they said they would.

GCX

He was a transition pres in the same way the Switch is the successor of the 3DS. Which is to say Nintendo has officially made statements on numerous occasions to the opposite effect and their actions have been entirely inline with said statement, yet the fans still, somehow, insist on it being the case and act surprised when Nintendo does exactly what they said they said they would.
That depends on the perspective. Historically Nintendo has appointed relatively young CEOs so they could remain as presidents for decades and that way ensure the continuity of the company. In that light Kimishima is, at 67, a transition CEO.

From the perspective of a normal listed company that doesn't choose presidents for life, he's just a regular CEO.

takriel

giphy.gif

But what does he say?

"Fuck y'all!" *smiles*

13ruce

Banned
Just because Hiroshi Yamauchi was president once doesn't mean most of them have yakuza connections lol

Haha true anyway he is doing a great job so far and i am glad he is using what Iwata left behind/was setting up. It's great to see them have succes again after Wii U.

Oersted

Well, with Nintendo doing well these days it's hard to not put your confidence in the current president.

I wonder how long he'll stay on the position. Isn't he supposed to be just for the transition? Maybe with how smooth things are going right now he'll be there for the long haul.

Dude stays

mindsale

I'd approve of him if the company finally met demand with supply (GameCube adapter, limited edition Fire Emblems and Metroids, NES Classic, SNES Classic, Amiibos, retailer exclusivity, the Switch, et cet...)

How much of Nintendo's recent success was driven by Kimishima? Surely Switch and mobile gaming was spearheaded by Iwata? Maybe the mini classics line?
A lot of the Switch's line up and the hardware were likely set in place by Iwata, yeah.
Kimishima might be responsible for the actually competent marketing campaigns.

Top Bottom