• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Q2 lineup; Zelda OOT 3DS = June 19, Wii Play: Motion, Mystery Case Files Wii

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Effect said:
That Kirby game was originally suppose to come out on the GameCube I believe. I don't expect to see it on the Wii either. Yeah I'm becoming jaded like that.

No, they rebooted the Kirby game and reannounced it very recently. For about 5 years I'd have been with you on this one, but it's definitely legit at this point :p
 
SuperSonic1305 said:
It's been downhill for the Wii since 2008. When Reggie said Animal Crossing was supposed to appease gamers for the holidays I knew it was over. No surprise I haven't bought a Wii game since Brawl.

Feel good man?
 
Pikmin 3 will be a 3DS game.

As for the Wiimote Plus thing, I don't have one of them yet. And I want one before Zelda. Was thinking of getting Flingsmash just for it but I dunno.... can you get white ones separately?
 

apana

Member
I paid good money for the Wii and I expect Zelda SS, Pikmin 3, and Dragon Quest X to all show up on the console they were promised for.
 

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
apana said:
I paid good money for the Wii and I expect Zelda SS, Pikmin 3, and Dragon Quest X to all show up on the console they were promised for.

Pikmin 3 wasn't announced for any console. Miyamoto said "We're working on Pikmin". He never gave a console.
 

apana

Member
Stumpokapow said:
Pikmin 3 wasn't announced for any console. Miyamoto said "We're working on Pikmin". He never gave a console.

I'm pretty sure in one of those interviews he said for the Wii. I'll try and look for it later.
 

Effect

Member
woahjeez said:
NOA owns the domains for both xenobladechronicles.com and thelaststory.com

That means nothing in the end. TheLastStory.com was registered to Nintendo of America originally on Feb 15th, 2010. Xenoblade.com was registered by them back on Jan 29th, 2010. They still own the URL to Project H.A.M.M.E.R (project-hammer.com) that still leads back to Nintendo.com and that's long since been canceled. In fact they actually re-registered it back on Feb 4th, 2011. http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/project-hammer.com I really don't think URLs is a confirmation of any game coming.
 
I didn't think they had ever mentioned a platform either, and figured because it had been so long it was because they were making it for a new system (3DS) so I looked it up.

Apparently Miyamoto did mention it with the Wii, saying "..the current build of Pikmin has the WiiMote working extremely well with it."

*shrugs*

This was in 2008 though so... yea, can't believe its been that long since the off-the-cuff confirmation at that E3. I crack up when he gets annoyed when asked about it ever since lol.
 

Mistle

Member
civilstrife said:
I'm sick of Zelda games getting pushed to the end of console life cycles.
As long as it doesn't get pushed onto Wii 2, I'm fine with having a Zelda game as the consoles last hurrah.

Medalion said:
We can't end the Wii without a Pikmin game dammit
Well, E3 seems like the perfect time for its unveiling, so considering we know it's in the works, I'd say it's pretty safe to assume we'll see one.
 

Medalion

Banned
We can't end the Wii without a Pikmin game dammit

No this



does not count
 

low-G

Member
Zelda release date means I'll be able to break Platinum Nintendo Club level with 4 days to spare! (I'm 50 points off now)
 

Jeels

Member
If they have both Pikmin and Zelda this holiday (+Last Story localization) I will be very content. Too bad only one of the three is confirmed so far. (Although I am looking forward to Zelda the most).
 
Nothing for DS. One month after the 3DS comes out and they already kill it off. Pathetic.

I really doubt Fire Emblem will get localized. The last NoA game will probably be Kirby DS4.
 
Allan Holdsworth said:
Nothing for DS. One month after the 3DS comes out and they already kill it off. Pathetic.

I really doubt Fire Emblem will get localized. The last NoA game will probably be Kirby DS4.


To be fair, the DS still had a lot of great games release this year.
 
I'm sad the new Fire Emblem isn't gonna come out. ;(

They have treated the FE series so well since deciding to localise it, sad they don't seem interested anymore though.

Layton 4 can only hope its more because Level-5 just hasn't announced it yet (please?). :(
 

Jeels

Member
Other than the Brownie Brown game, I would rather they just skipped Layton 4 and moved onto 5 simply because my 3DS needs some Layton loving. :(
 

FoneBone

Member
Stumpokapow said:
Pikmin 3 wasn't announced for any console. Miyamoto said "We're working on Pikmin". He never gave a console.
This again? Miyamoto said specifically at E3 last year that it was a Wii game. Not that it's impossible that plans could've changed, mind you.
 

Boss Man

Member
Why doesn't Nintendo just go ahead and do it? Stop toying with us and just end it...

Handheld Pokemon MMO in 3D. In-game currency is real-world currency. Want a Pokeball? $5. GOTTA catch 'em all.
 

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Conrad Link said:
I'm sad the new Fire Emblem isn't gonna come out. ;(

They have treated the FE series so well since deciding to localise it, sad they don't seem interested anymore though.
It likely won't, which is disappointing. I was really hoping to get my hands on the second DS game in English. :(

Didn't the FE series do well in NA/EU, at least?
 
I have a 3DS, but I'd much rather play Pikmin on a console. Bigger screen to handle all those 100 tiny Pikmin. Plus, I want to try pointer controls without buying a New Play Control version of a game I already own.
 

LOCK

Member
Wii Play: Motion sounds interesting but I wish I could buy it without the Wiimote mark up. sigh

I also wonder how it will sell compared to the first, but it is clear that Nintendo is trying to prepare for Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. Trying to get people to notice Motion Plus again, and provide a reason to buy one earlier, just like they did with the original Wii Play.
 
E3 gotta hurry up and get here so we can get the hopeful surprise game announcements.

Kinda depressing when a topic about Nintendo release list is just me being sad over all the things that aren't on it instead of what is lol.
 

Gravijah

Member
Conrad Link said:
E3 gotta hurry up and get here so we can get the hopeful surprise game announcements.

Kinda depressing when a topic about Nintendo release list is just me being sad over all the things that aren't on it instead of what is lol.

We must wait 'til E3, for we are gamers!
 
Dark Schala said:
It likely won't, which is disappointing. I was really hoping to get my hands on the second DS game in English. :(

Didn't the FE series do well in NA/EU, at least?

Yeah but the Shadow Dragon didn't do so well I bet, judging by the fact that it was (is?) easy to find it for $10-$15 new.
 
FoneBone said:
This again? Miyamoto said specifically at E3 last year that it was a Wii game. Not that it's impossible that plans could've changed, mind you.
Don't forget just the day before that interview, Miyamoto also stated that Zelda: OOTS for 3DS was just a tech demo he had made so he could see what an open-world game would look like in 3D, and neither that nor Starfox were actually in development (the next day Nintendo tweeted that Zelda was in-development). The 2010 E3 Miyamoto isn't necessarily reliable :)

The 2010 E3 Miyamoto was also responsible for this quote:
2010 E3 Miyamoto said:
So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well
 

Christine

Member
shadyspace said:
So this'll be the third (?) E3 Skyward Sword is at. Tied with Twilight Princess as most E3s a Zelda game's been shown?

Not exactly... sword girl concept art embargoed until the end of E3 is not exactly a "showing" when compared to epic Basil Poledouris trailer and Miyamoto swinging around sword and shield at the Nintendo press conference.
 

wazoo

Member
AceBandage said:
To be fair, the DS still had a lot of great games release this year.

Yes, very good Q1. Now, it seems Solarobo will be its last hurrah. DS marlet is clearly dead, games are coming out only if Nintendo publishes them. EU is piracy land, so no port from games out in the US. good bye, DS
 

Aeana

Member
wazoo said:
Yes, very good Q1. Now, it seems Solarobo will be its last hurrah. DS marlet is clearly dead, games are coming out only if Nintendo publishes them. EU is piracy land, so no port from games out in the US. good bye, DS
Atlus USA will certainly bring Devil Survivor 2 out in English.
 

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Aeana said:
Atlus USA will certainly bring Devil Survivor 2 out in English.
Sadly that is pretty much the only sure thing left in the DS's upcoming lineup. For everything else we should probably prep for disappointment just in case :(
 
Kenka said:
You can't be serious. You just can't be. I hope I spend enough time on this planet so that one day, I may forget what you just wrote. This is an unexcusable sentence.

Seriously, I am outraged.

Nope. The Z, shield and shield details all being the same colour at the same spot looks terrible. Black and Gold isn't an awful colour scheme, but that cover is the opposite of good.
 

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!





Oh dear. Fake right? What amateur photoshop artist whipped that up during a coffee break?

Also which Reader Rabbit game is the forum excited most for?
 
Top Bottom