• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Q2 lineup; Zelda OOT 3DS = June 19, Wii Play: Motion, Mystery Case Files Wii

nemesun said:
That Wii Q2 line-up... lord have mercy.
Q1 was awful too. I think the only Wii game I bought was Lost in Shadow.

DS had a great Q1, but Q2 looks just as bad as Wii. What happened to localizing old games to fill the gaps? Ugh.

swerve

Ushojax said:
You probably spend about 15 seconds of an hour on WSR looking at warning screens.

That's not how it feels, which is what matters. I've never been so frustrated by a game's structure. It should be a pick-up-and-play game, not a pick-up-and-read-some-stuff game.

I cleared sword fighting and hard mode, and unlocked everything, but I don't go back to it even when I want to, because of the regular barriers.

Nintendo need to learn to use parental controls, and let us grown-up gamers SWITCH THAT SHIT OFF.

herod

How is the battery life on the 'wii motionplus inside' controller? I have three Wiimotes with M+ so this could be ideal for a new main controller as much about with the M+ jacket is a pain in the ass day-to-day.

Q2 is mostly barren. Nintendo's next Wii game is in fucking June? Their last release was on February 7th for fuck's sake. That's four months with no releases from them. I'm happy that their two upcoming Wii games came out of no-where but come on Nintendo. Xenoblade me! How about some Wiiware at the very least?

With that said, will probably pick up Wii Play: Motion. Keep up the surprises.

dhk764xxkz6NO7rLLz73MhtwihUOjw6Q.jpg

Game Overview

You be the detective ™ as Mystery Case Files, the popular hidden-object series comes to Wii for the first time, delivering innovative multi-layered hidden object puzzles, a gripping mystery and exciting multiplayer modes. The Wii Remote is the perfect tool for all Master Detectives. FEATURES: You be the detective™!

Mystery Case Files is on the Wii for the first time, pairing intuitive Wii Remote pointer controls with innovative hidden-object puzzles. Go into the scene, scrolling and searching through a puzzle with depth, in order to find items necessary to get past baffling obstacles and solve the island’s long-buried mysteries.

Navigate the twists and turns of a gripping mystery

Malgrave Island was thought abandoned for years, but Winston Malgrave, the mysterious curator, has requested help collecting a dust-like substance spread over the island—the key to the survival of his beloved Sarah. Finding hidden objects to uncover more dust is vital to progressing through the story, but progress only reveals even more mysteries of the island.

Hunt cooperatively with friends and family or challenge them in three exciting multiplayer modes

Need help finding hidden items? Other players can join the adventure at any time to help find the items. When you’re ready for more challenge, take your friends on in three fun multiplayer modes that will test your eyes and reflexes as you try to earn the title of Master Detective. *Additional accessories required for multiplayer modes and are sold separately.

wrowa

Caramello said:
The console JUST launched, how bout giving it some time?
That is the point. The launch of a console is a very sensible part of a console's lifetime and Nintendo completely dropped the ball on the launch period of the 3DS. It's like they thought the 3DS would sell several million units because of its name alone.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
wrowa said:
That is the point. The launch of a console is a very sensible part of a console's lifetime and Nintendo completely dropped the ball on the launch period of the 3DS. It's like they thought the 3DS would sell several million units because of its name alone.
But the DS flagship titles didn't come out during the launch period, unless you feel Wario Ware Touched is THE game of the DS.

They will most likely push for sales during the run up to Christmas.

One thing I have learnt from the past generation is that nothing is short term.

swerve

wrowa said:
It's like they thought the 3DS would sell several million units because of its name alone.

Well, it's good that they are learning this lesson whilst they still have time to fix it before the holidays.

That said, the DS didn't exactly get off to a flying start after a month, did it?

wrowa said:
In fairness, it's a significantly better launch lineup than it's predecessor. Not much of an achievement, but it's something.

I've been happy enough with 3DS, and it's Q2 looks fine. The problem is Wii & DS.

Mistle

So pumped for Zelda. That box art is sexy, much better than the placeholder art. And Master Quest is a great addition.

I'm not too bummed about the crappy Wii lineup, 3DS should keep me occupied with Blazblue also. Plus I'm sure Nintendo will have something for Wii up their sleeve at E3.

Interactive Fiction said:
So, Wii Play Motion comes with the fabled all in one Wii Motion Plus controller?
I might buy it just for that.
Wii Remote Plus has been available since last fall. It's bundled with Flingsmash, new copies of Wii Sports Resort and all Wii hardware now.

vall03

aw, still no release date for Devil Survivor Overclocked... :( oh well, theres still Ocarina of Time 3D and Cave Story 3D!!

shawnlreed

lunchwithyuzo said:
Wii Remote Plus has been available since last fall. It's bundled with Flingsmash, new copies of Wii Sports Resort and all Wii hardware now.

Cool. Didn't know that.
I don't have one, and already have a Wii and WSR so I'll probably buy Wii Play Motion for it.
I probably wont be the only one doing that.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wii Play: Motion's cover isn't very exciting... Umbrellas and... Things..? I hope it's got at least a few nice games there, I might get it for the bundled controller if the price is right. I doubt this will do anywhere near as good as Wii Play though. I guess they're doing these bundles to make sure everyone has one for Zelda's launch? It's not like everyone will buy that though, lol... I really hope NOA/NOE/NCL show more of what they've been hiding soon because despite having a couple of games the first half of 11 is as barren as be4.

Well, assuming the European schedule will be similar to this of course. Maybe they'll throw Xenoblade somewhere in there for us and make it from crap to awesome!

Wii Play sounds cool from the description. I really enjoyed the first one, plus I need a fourth controller. Finally, Nintendo throws us a bone.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Thought that Nintendo wanted to localize some Japanese games to fill in the gaps of the Wii and DS lineup...? Don't really see much of that there, sadly :(

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Let's hope 3DS eShop will make up for a lack of games in May.
I wonder how many titles will be available at launch.

vall03 said:
aw, still no release date for Devil Survivor Overclocked... :( oh well, theres still Ocarina of Time 3D and Cave Story 3D!!
Probably July with RE Mercenaries. Retailers are still showing June 28th, but I think it'd be on this list if that was happening.

I'm wondering if Devil Survivor II is going to make it at all. Atlus USA has been pretty light on DS for a good 2 years now, pretty much only bringing their own games and then even occasionally skipping something (like Sting's Yggdra Unison). I think they might just wait for DS2 Overclocked instead.

djtiesto said:
Thought that Nintendo wanted to localize some Japanese games to fill in the gaps of the Wii and DS lineup...? Don't really see much of that there, sadly :(
There's even already fully localized stuff they could just push out to fill the void. Makes no sense to me.

swerve

In the future, we'll look back and know what the hell was going on at Nintendo in early 2011. For now, we're just staring blankly.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I've been trumpeting a 2011 Wii 2 for a while now. That was before the 3DS launch, so probably not happening. But by every other indication it should be coming. If you really want sad, look at Nintendo's lineup in their home region. It is comatose.

Effect

schuelma said:
I've been trumpeting a 2011 Wii 2 for a while now. That was before the 3DS launch, so probably not happening. But by every other indication it should be coming. If you really want sad, look at Nintendo's lineup in their home region. It is comatose.

In regard to this (to anyone really) the Wii is pretty much dead in Japan right? Has been since sometime last year?

Rekubot

Princess Skittles said:
Zelda, Pac-Man/Galaga and Cave Story all in June? Ouch. Still getting all three though.
I sincerely hope Nintendo has stopped the ridiculous gaps between US and Europe releases, especially since the 3DS is region-locked. I want these 3 games to be in the UK at most 2 weeks after their US launch, you hear me Nintendo?!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Effect said:
In regard to this (to anyone really) the Wii is pretty much dead in Japan right? Has been since sometime last year?

Its selling about 10K a week now (outsold by PS3 every week). It still does well on holidays and when really big software hits, but the week to week release list is seriously empty and has been that way for a while. 3rd party support is literally dead.

Effect said:
Only has new 3 games for all of Q2 announced right now (Pandora's Tower, Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Transfer, some fitness game). Was 5 games, but 2 were delayed into summer/tba (Earth Seeker and Inazuma Eleven Strikers).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
lunchwithyuzo said:
Only has new 3 games for all of Q2 announced right now (Pandora's Tower, Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Transfer, some fitness game). Was 5 games, but 2 were delayed into summer/tba (Earth Seeker and Inazuma Eleven Strikers).
When is Rhythm Tengoku and Kirby?

Zelda box art is amazing, if they used gold foil on it I'd have a hard time even opening it.

Better yet, make a gold cart Nintendo, you know you want to.

giggas

That Wii line up is one of the most depressing line ups I've ever seen in my entire life. As someone that has stuck with their Wii through all of these years, even I can't see anything worth playing in there.

Mistle

ThingontheFloor said:
Zelda box art is amazing, if they used gold foil on it I'd have a hard time even opening it.

I support the gold cart. Make it happen Nintendo!

This lineup is abyssmal. On all fronts. Nothing on wii, nothing on ds, and I guess I'll be justifying my 3DS purchase with Zelda and Ridge Racer since there is nothing else worth buying on it (Already got musou).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ThingontheFloor said:

I kind of hope PALland gets a black box like the original. I really like the colour scheme.

Link's Awakening DX also looked awesome with a black cover

Top Bottom