• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Q2 lineup; Zelda OOT 3DS = June 19, Wii Play: Motion, Mystery Case Files Wii

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lindsay said:
Thats what I was hoping to see but alas nothing. PKMNs a month old now and with nothing through June that'll be like 3 months without publishing a DS game. Guess I shouldn't have got my hopes up for Starfy 4 & Kirby ;_; I'd prolly even take PKMN Typing at this point lol.

Starfy 4?

You thought they'd release a 6 year old game that they skipped the first time?

Vinci

Danish
Starchasing said:
what if nintendo relaunches the Wii ???

And does what with it?

Puts Minecraft on it?
Gives it DVD playback?
Gives you gambling odds at the local racetrack?

What?

Gravijah

Vinci said:

And does what with it?

Puts Minecraft on it?
Gives it DVD playback?

What?

they could remove bc, add in linux and then remove it!

Vinci said:

And does what with it?

Puts Minecraft on it?
Gives it DVD playback?

What?

new form factor, new price and new controller, full B/C with hdmi output ... those dolphin screens are very pretty :D

FoneBone

Said it before, but I just don't see the Wii 2 coming before late 2012. I have a hard time believing it'll come much later than that, though - at least, not if Nintendo's serious about staying in the console space. 2012 already looks dire, you think they can coast through much (if not most) of 2013?

Chittagong

Gold Member
16iwm5y.jpg

sogood.gif

I never bought Wii Play or Wii Sports Resort so maybe I will get this version for the controller to play Zelda with. Or maybe I'll save myself $10 and buy the controller alone? Besides that, there's nothing I want for Wii or DS. I understand why that's the case on Wii but, there's still DS games they could bring over.

The 3DS lineup looks pretty good. I'll get; Blaze Blue, DOA, Cave Story, and Zelda OOT.

Man wtf. I just realized E3 2011 is on June 7th. Reggie said they'd release some Wii titles before E3 but their next release is on June 13th. Damn you Reggie. I believed in you!

This also means that Wii Play: Motion and Mystery Case Files: Dust to Dust is going to be occupying their precious floor space. Damn you Nintendo of america.

I gave up on Wii, but I'm really disappointed in 3DS. I was hoping for another big 1st party game since I'm not into Zelda. I figured we'd get Kid Icarus for Q2, so we could get Kart and Super Mario for Q3 and Q4.

Amir0x

Banned
thanks for that Wii Support, Nintendo. More mini-game crap is just what the system was missing. I can't wait for Wii Party 2: Party Harder.

So Wii Play Motion is this year's Wii Party, I'm betting next year it will be Wii Music 2.

Although Wii Party was announced and released in Japan first...

I don't have a wii motion plus, so wii play: motiob is tempting but i know when Zelda comes out(winter i hope) they will have wii motion bundles with it.
But i could always go to wal mart and get the red steel 2 motion plus bundle for $10, hmmmm

good date on Zelda OoT 3DS, day 1!!!!!!!!

Gravijah

friskykillface said:
I don't have a wii motion plus, so wii play: motiob is tempting but i know when Zelda comes out(winter i hope) they will have wii motion bundles with it.
But i could always go to wal mart and get the red steel 2 motion plus bundle for $10, hmmmm

good date on Zelda OoT 3DS, day 1!!!!!!!!

New Wii Play comes with an entire controller, doesn't it?

apana

Amir0x said:
thanks for that Wii Support, Nintendo. More mini-game crap is just what the system was missing. I can't wait for Wii Party 2: Party Harder.

Day 1 just for that title.

Flakster99

Great to finally have an OOT 3D release date. Ho hum about everything else.

apana said:
Day 1 just for that title.

Hehe. Make the mini games more "edgy" and "hard-core" and we have a winner!

JCRedeems

Banned
Wii is not dead. The following games are exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Night of the Sacrifice

New Pokemon Wii game

The Last Story (likely come to the west)

Earth Seeker (from the guy(s) who made Monster Hunter games)

Xenoblade (likely to come to the west)

Pikmin 3 (Miyamoto has near confirmed it)

Rhythm Heaven Wii

Rodea Sky Soldier (a game by Sonic creator Yuji Naka)

Conduit 2

The Grinder (Wii version is different than others)

Wii Play Motion

Fatal Frame 5 (hopefully will come to the west)

Dragon Quest X

Lost in Shadow

Hal Kirby game

Pandora's Tower (new Nintendo franchise)

And of course Zelda

I expect a lot more surprises considering Nintendo doesn't announce games many months prior.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nintendo announced a Retro-developed Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 for the Wii during E3, to be released in the Holiday season.

radcliff

Brazil said:
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nintendo announced a Retro-developed Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 for the Wii during E3, to be released in the Holiday season.

From Kensuke Tenabe in a GI interview in regards to DCKR sequel:

“I wouldn’t say we won’t do a sequel. But we don’t have anything planned at this time.”

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
radcliff said:
From Kensuke Tenabe in a GI interview in regards to DCKR sequel:

“I wouldn’t say we won’t do a sequel. But we don’t have anything planned at this time.”
We all know how that works.

I figured nothing would be coming for the Wii while Nintendo pushed the 3DS through its launch window. Seeing Wii Play 2 is surprising, as is the Mystery Case Files Wii game. I think Wii Play: Motion should have released last year instead of FlingSmash, but it is too late now.

At this point, the rest of the Wii lineup is pretty cut and dry for the year.
Zelda is the big holiday game.
Expect Pikmin 3
Rhythm Heaven Wii is a maybe
Last Story and Monado (Xenoblade) should arrive in the next year or so
One surprise game to fill the gap.

Do not expect a new console this year. Mid-2012 at the earliest. This is 3DSs year. Thankfully the post-launch glut is happening right now as opposed to later.

jgkspsx

I actually liked Wii Play (especially Wii Combat), so I'd get this if it didn't come with a remote. Oh well, used on Amazon, I guess.

I guess I picked a good time to buy a new Wii. None of those pesky new releases getting in my way as I try to catch up on the older stuff.

Zelda box art does look hot as fuck, though.

BowieZ

Banned
Amir0x said:
The original game was brilliant (it wasn't a mini-game collection so much as a board game collection), so I would buy a fleshed out sequel.

As long as it had Globe Trot: Universe Race and Mii of a Kind: Triple Threat as expansions.

Jeels

Am I part of the problem if I am considering Wii Motion?

I never bought a Motion+ and I'm assuming Zelda won't have some special green motion+ package, so should jump in now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You know what is irritating? Nintendo not putting out either a Mario Golf or full-fledged Mario Bowling for the Wii. Talk about missed opportunities.

Effect

JCRedeems said:
Wii is not dead. The following games are exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Night of the Sacrifice

New Pokemon Wii game

The Last Story (likely come to the west)

Earth Seeker (from the guy(s) who made Monster Hunter games)

Xenoblade (likely to come to the west)

Pikmin 3 (Miyamoto has near confirmed it)

Rhythm Heaven Wii

Rodea Sky Soldier (a game by Sonic creator Yuji Naka)

Conduit 2

The Grinder (Wii version is different than others)

Wii Play Motion

Fatal Frame 5 (hopefully will come to the west)

Dragon Quest X

Lost in Shadow

Hal Kirby game

Pandora's Tower (new Nintendo franchise)

And of course Zelda

I expect a lot more surprises considering Nintendo doesn't announce games many months prior.

Outside of Wii Play: Motion, Conduit 2, and Zelda I wouldn't hold my breath on any of those getting out of Japan. Xenoblade at the moment is only releasing in Europe and even then there is no date for that so it could still not come out there. Nintendo can announce all they want for Japan but they have a history of not releasing games outside of Japan even though North America is their biggest market.

That Kirby game was originally suppose to come out on the GameCube I believe. I don't expect to see it on the Wii either. Yeah I'm becoming jaded like that.

Top Bottom