• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Q3 Briefing - Partial Release schedule as from Jan 2014. No SMT 4 EU listed.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=221372

6GNHNgwl.png

So I was looking at the list of games due for Europe in this list and noticed there is no mention of SMT 4 for EU in either Nintendo published or third party. As someone who wants to play the game, I'm starting to get worried.

Sendou

Just finished it last night and I can confirm to my fellow Europeans that they are not missing much. Fairly average RPG. I feel ashamed I didn't dedicate my time to a better one instead.

L~A

Real nothing new, Nintendo listings are always missing lots of stuff, especially if it doesn't have a release date or whatever. I still remember the 'Bravely Default delayed to 2014' stuff, that Square-Enix had to deny themselves on Twitter.

Though it would be cool if we could get a garmz jurnalizt to actually go and try to get some official word from Nintendo about this game.

Doombacon

Just finished it last night and I can confirm to my fellow Europeans that they are not missing much. Fairly average RPG. I feel ashamed I didn't dedicate my time to a better one instead.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of what I consider an excellent product.

Real nothing new, Nintendo listings are always missing lots of stuff, especially if it doesn't have a release date or whatever. I still remember the 'Bravely Default delayed to 2014' stuff, that Square-Enix had to deny themselves on Twitter.

Though it would be cool if we could get a garmz jurnalizt to actually go and try to get some official word from Nintendo about this game.

That because most of them are glorified news reporters and nothing more.

MLH

No SMT 4 EU listed.

List is of Nintendo products, SMT is published as an Atlus Title.
PL vs AA is listed as a Nintendo product strangely. You almost gave me a heart attack OP.

Edit: Ah the link has the 3rd party list... :(

Sendou

PL vs AA is listed as a Nintendo product strangely. You almost gave me a heart attack OP.

I thought Nintendo was supposed to bring those both over.

lol no.. but I didn´t think Mayonette Too was.. but googled made my question seem pointless.. sorry for wasting your fingers this morning.

Yeah Nintendo is publishing Marionetta so that's why they consider it their product on this chart. So that's the basic logic behind this. Nintendo published products that doesn't include 3rd party, no.

Thomper

Nintendo released all Layton-games in Europe, and this one too I assume. And I'm pretty sure Nintendo was supposed to be the publisher for SMT4 too...?

The game was announced for EU last year in a direct, and I know for a fact Nis America arent publishing it. That leaves GL and Nintendo. Don't expect GL to publish it either.

TheChaos0

If we are talking strictly about SMT games, then I respectably disagree. They are one of the finest RPGs being made. While I haven't played 4, impressions left by SMT fans were positive. These games have their own flavour, maybe it didn't agree with you.

Axass

Well there's gonna be a drought alright, but those first party games at least appear to be all AAA quality games: quality over quantity indeed; I mean if everything goes right this year we get:

DK:TF
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
Smash 4
Bayonetta 2
X

It seems too good to be true, could be the year I buy a Wii U.

Danneee

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of what I consider an excellent product.

I'm only up to chapter 2 and story aside I'm having fun with the game. If you don't expect more than a good FF4/5 clone you really can't go wrong here, best implementation of random encounters ever and lots of jobs/skills. Lovely graphics and nice music.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
What are you doing Atlus????? Are you forcing me to import an american 3DS?? argh

Are there any successful region free hacks yet?

3rd-party list for Wii U (North America + Europe):

7A5l3XE.png

That list isn't exhaustive as I understand it. At least, they'd better hope so anyway.

Watch_Dogs would be an example of a core, major third-party port from a major publisher.

My fear is that if Watch_Dogs really was coming out for the Wii U, Nintendo would want to flaunt it. They have both LEGO games on there, so why not Watch_Dogs if it was coming out?

Phediuk

Not going to lie, I'm shocked at how thin the 3DS lineup is looking this year. How is this system already losing steam? The DS was a juggernaut for like 7 years straight, and the 3DS looks like it'll fizzle out by 2016 at this rate. It received almost every big gun possible in 2013--Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing, and the 2DS--and sales were still down year-over-year. Obviously it's doing better than the Wii U, but if current downward trends continue, the 3DS will end up selling well under half of the DS.

Soma

No need for lies to make it less painful for the rest of Europe.

I'm not seeing SteelDiver: Subwars on any of these lists, and last public word regarding that game is that it's supposed to be out before the end of Q4 of this fiscal year!

JoeM86

Not going to lie, I'm shocked at how thin the 3DS lineup is looking this year. How is this system already losing steam? The DS was a juggernaut for like 7 years straight, and the 3DS looks like it'll fizzle out by 2016 at this rate. It received almost big gun possible in 2013--Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing, and the 2DS--and sales were still down year-over-year. Obviously it's doing better than the Wii U, but if current downward trends continue, the 3DS will end up selling well under half of the DS.

To be fair, how many of the big 3DS titles last year were known at the start of the year?

Sendou

Why isn't Layton Vs Ace Attorney on the US 3DS release list? It better still be coming out here...

Those release schedules always suck. Don't give a second thought about what's there or isn't there.

I'm not seeing SteelDiver: Subwars on any of these lists, and last public word regarding that game is that it's supposed to be out before the end of Q4 of this fiscal year!

It hasn't been announced yet. It is one of those kind of games where when they announce it officially in a Direct they release it right after it ends.

Strange about the lack of 3DS games... How aren't more developers on board with that device Capcapom was all over it when it first came out!!!

Here's hoping the next Direct will sort this out some more! Still missing Dragon Quest VII atm :(

Jb

I do think Nintendo deserves at least part of the shit they're going through considering some of the anti-consumers stuff they've done with their current platforms (region locking, no unified account systems,...). Just goes to show that a hardware and software company can't remain in the past for too long.

Thoraxes

Why isn't Layton Vs Ace Attorney on the US 3DS release list? It better still be coming out here...

With Layton in spring (for the first time) as opposed to Fall/Holiday as it's always been, i'd suggest it'll probably delayed by a proportionate, or propositioned as a Fall title in the NA schedule.

It's not that it isn't done, but it's more about timing releases, which kinda sucks for us, but makes more sense for the companies.
No Watch_Dogs listed either on the third-party section.
Eh, they probably don't have a date outside of fiscal 2014 anyways.

Top Bottom