• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Q4 FYE 3/15 Results - Beats Market Expectations, FY15 Guidance Announced

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Market Expectations for Q4 were as followed:
EARNINGS FORECAST: According to a poll of 19 analysts by Thomson Reuters, Nintendo is expected to post a narrower loss of 19.18 billion yen ($159.67 million) for its fourth quarter and net income of Y40.82 billion for the full year. A year earlier, Nintendo reported a net loss of Y33.42 billion for its fourth quarter and a net loss of Y23.22 billion for the full year.

REVENUE FORECAST: The Japanese online games giant is expected to post revenue of Y94.13 billion for the fourth quarter, according to the same poll, and Y541.1 billion for the full year. That compares with revenue of Y72.61 billion for the fourth quarter and Y571.73 billion for the full year.

Nintendo Q4 Results:
Net Sales: ¥106.860 billion yen
Operating Income: - ¥6.834 billion yen
Net Income: -¥17.672 billion yen

Nintendo Full-Year Guidance:
Net Sales: ¥550 billion yen
Operating Income: ¥20 billion yen
Net Income: ¥30 billion yen

Nintendo Full-Year Results:
Net Sales: ¥549.780 billion yen (↓)
Operating Income: ¥24.770 billion yen (↑)
Net Income: ¥41.843 billion yen (↑)

Hardware & Software Guidance FY14:
3DS HW: 9 million
Wii U HW: 3.6 million
3DS SW: 61 million
Wii U SW: 25 million

Hardware & Software Results FY14:
3DS HW: 8.73 million (↓)
Wii U HW: 3.38 million (↓)
3DS SW: 62.74 million (↑)
Wii U SW: 24.440 million (↓)

Additional Information Q4 (Software/Hardware Shipments, Digital Sales, Cash & Equivalents):
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: 2.03 million
Pokemon ORAS LTD: 9.94 million
Super Smash Bros 3DS LTD: 6.75 million
Super Smash Bros Wii U LTD: 3.65 million
Mario Kart 8 LTD: 5.11 million
Wii U HW: .35 million
3DS HW: 1.65 million
Digital Sales: ¥10.2 billion yen
Cash & Equivalents: ¥915.293 billion yen

Nintendo FY15 Full-Year Guidance:
Net Sales: ¥570 billion yen
Operating Income: ¥50 billion yen
Net Income: ¥35 billion yen

Will update thread throughout & Additional Information segment.

Nintendo did good this quarter though once again greatly aided by abenomics, costs cutting measures (especially marketing expenses).

Nintendo's guidance for FY16 leaves much to be desired though, especially with 7.6 & 3.4 million 3DS and Wii U units expected (too high); hoping management sheds light on the forecast at IR Meeting.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/05/05/nintendo-earnings-what-to-watch-6/
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150507e.pdf

nintendo-back-from-the-grave-iwata-coffin-shocked-13884007960.gif

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Not to be picky here, but this is full year FY 2014, not FY 2015, results. FY 2015 has just started.

JoeM86

Yay they're back in black!

Rösti;163004497 said:
Not to be picky here, but this is full year FY 2014, not FY 2015, results. FY 2015 has just started.

Nope. This is for FY3/2015

Madao

Mario Kart Super Curcuit is gonna look pretty bad later when MK8 goes past it on a much smaller userbase. MKDD can be reached too.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. This is for FY3/2015
FY 2014 ended in March, 2015. Third Quarter Earnings for FY 2014 were published on January 28, 2015. That is what I'm seeing on the IR page, am I misunderstanding something?

wait is that software info correct, im reading this and it says mario kart 8 is at 5.11 million, not 4.77 and super smash is at 3.65 million

random25

They almost reached the 3DS guidance when many said they it won't even get close to the forecast. That New 3DS magic doing the work lol.

Nice for Nintendo. Keep those profits coming!

Alo0oy

Banned
Last year every gaming company was doing bad, what a turn around Sony & Nintendo have made.

Maybe AMD is next?

It seems that, this time, hw and sw forecasts were basically met...?

Also:

= 10.4 million

The fastest selling entry in the series, chasing Brawl numbers that are officially at 11.49 million worldwide. Also, DLC should bring additional revenues. I hope SSB4 is going to be a DLC platform for the next years, which would lead to an expansion of the game.

So....was Rhythm Heaven 3DS just announced for the west?

Edit - Nah, I wouldn't say it was, reading through it again. I think it's coming and the fact that it was mentioned alongside a number of other games releasing outside of Japan makes me think it probably will hit the US and Europe, but I'm not going to get too excited yet.

Madao

oh, Majora's Mask 3D sold more than 2 million? that's pretty dope for a game that came out almost 3 months ago.

It seems that, this time, hw and sw forecasts were basically met...?

Also:

= 10.4 million

The fastest selling entry in the series, chasing Brawl numbers that are officially at 11.49 million worldwide. Also, DLC should bring additional revenues. I hope SSB4 is going to be a DLC platform for the next years, which would lead to an expansion of the game.

SSB4 3DS alone could be the best selling SSB game of all by the end of the gen.

CassSept

Pokemon XY at 13.85 mil, ORAS release merely a year after really cut it's legs. Attach rate is still impressive.

Though not as impressive as MK8. >50% attach rate is insane.

JoeM86

Pokemon XY at 13.85 mil, ORAS release merely a year after really cut it's legs. Attach rate is still impressive.

Though not as impressive as MK8. >50% attach rate is insane.

Indeed. I said when they announced it that it was too soon and would cut XY's sales a lot

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Nintendo did good this quarter though once again greatly aided by abenomics, costs cutting measures (especially marketing expenses).

Nintendo's guidance for FY16 leaves much to be desired especially with 7.6 & 3.4 million 3DS and Wii U units expected (too high); hoping management sheds light on the forecast.

AniHawk

is this the first year they posted an operating income since 2011? was really massive for software, to be quite honest.

Hanmik

I didn't say it was good. It's pretty much expected to go down (their forecast of 9M pretty much says it all). Just saying that it still almost reached the guidance when it's doubted to even get close to that.

but it missed the forecast by nearly 13%?

Top Bottom