• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Releases Anniversary Direct for Mario Including 3D Collection

-Arcadia-

Banned
Seeing Super Mario Sunshine cleaned up and spiffy for modern standards, 18 years later, is really something. The post-N64 classic system vault is sealed so tight at Nintendo, that it really is special.

Galaxy made such an impact, that it still feels a bit new to me (it’s not however, and it’s inclusion here is amazing). I’ve played Super Mario 64 many times on Wii and Wii U. Sunshine, however, feels like a game I haven’t thought about or had an opportunity to play, in almost forever. I feel like I’m going to beeline to this one.

Lol no galaxy 2, what a joke. Be ready to beg, so they can release another edition with galaxy 2 at full retail price, they already know your going to beg for it, that's the only reason they left it out. That Mario Kart Live looked cool though.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Well this was shit... ports, ports and more ports.

3D All Stars is lame. The original All Stars remade the games, but this new one is just ports with a resolution bump and there is no Galaxy 2??

And did I hear that right? 3D All Stars is a limited release??

Fuck Nintendo are lazy.

Sorry for being so negative but Nintendo need to do a better job if they want me to buy the same games again. Everything 3D All Stars does I can do on an emulator... in fact an emulator can do a better job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah nice package! Nintendo comin through and droppin bombs on a Thursday morning?! And is that Nov 13th drop for game n watch meant to coincide next gen? Lol

ExpandKong

Banned
Fingers crossed for Galaxy 2 to be a surprise hidden game in the collection it is the better game of the two do not argue with me on this.

Been replaying 64 and Galaxy on my Wii with my daughter lately, she's gonna be so excited for this.

Curious about Bowser's Fury.

Jooxed

Gold Member

3D All Stars is lame. The original All Stars remade the games, but this new one is just ports with a resolution bump and there is no Galaxy 2??

Fuck Nintendo are lazy.

Yeah it's a really bizarre decision.

ExpandKong

Banned

Fuck Nintendo are lazy.

Wasn't the Wii version of All-Stars technically a "limited release" too? Probably something like that.

TLZ

Banned
I really don't get it. We're going to have every 3D Mario game on the Switch except 1. Why? They went through the hassle of porting them all, why leave one out? I really would like to know why from someone working at Nintendo.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
3D World isn't there too, so not every mainline Mario is in. Galaxy 2 not being here is a bummer but not gonna argue 64/Sunshine/Galaxy is a killer lineup. full sticker price worthy.

dropping All-Stars on NSO is a nice treat as well.

Saber

Gold Member
Seems like it was too good to be truth.

Yes...salty price and separated collections lol

At least I can't be mad with 3S World collection and N64 Mario. Kinda worth in my book.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I really don't get it. We're going to have every 3D Mario game on the Switch except 1. Why? They went through the hassle of porting them all, why leave one out? I really would like to know why from someone working at Nintendo.

3D Land is missing too, but that exclusion is a lot more understandable.

Like ExpandKong ExpandKong , I'm really hoping Galaxy 2 unlocks after Galaxy 1. That would be a wonderful surprise.

Mario Kart live circuit is a must buy, but man what a bummer about 3D all stars. Would have been nice the 64 and Sunshine were remasters.

TLZ

Banned
3D World isn't there too, so not every mainline Mario is in. Galaxy 2 not being here is a bummer but not gonna argue 64/Sunshine/Galaxy is a killer lineup. full sticker price worthy.

dropping All-Stars on NSO is a nice treat as well.
3D world is in the Direct mate. It has its own release.

3D Land is missing too, but that exclusion is a lot more understandable.

Like ExpandKong ExpandKong , I'm really hoping Galaxy 2 unlocks after Galaxy 1. That would be a wonderful surprise.
I hope so but I really doubt it. It's so odd :(

TLZ

Banned
I like how they don't even mention the existence of Galaxy 2. Imagine making a 97 Metacritic game and just being like "Yeah, can you just forget that exists? Cheers."
It's so weird. At the end where they show the history of Mario games, it's not even shown 😲

Last edited:

otakugamer

Neo Member
the support resolution for each game according Nintendo japan !

-Super Mario 64
TV mode: 960 x 720 pixels, table mode/mobile mode: 960 x 720 pixels

-Super Mario Sunshine
TV mode: 1920 x 1080 pixels, table mode/mobile mode: 1280 x 720 pixels

-Super Mario Galaxy
TV mode : Maximum 1920×1080 pixels, table mode/mobile mode: Maximum 1280×720 pixels

Skifi28

High price, limited availability because fuck you, no work put on visuals other than resolution, no galaxy 2.

Yup, sounds like Nintendo alright. Please understand.

ExpandKong

Banned
maybe something to do with galaxy 2 using enhanced wii motion controls? maybe that's harder to port than galaxy 1?

You mean the Motion+? I don't think Galaxy 2 used that.

I was trying to think of stuff Galaxy 2 did that Galaxy 1 wouldn't have been able to do and I can't really think of anything.

I don't think the 3DS game shown is playable on Switch. Even more bizarre.

Ahh, I missed that one...I was busy looking at the blank space where Galaxy 2 should've been, hahah.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: TLZ

Dazrael

They didn’t even mention SMG 2 in the sizzle reel at the end, which makes me think it was somewhat on purpose to leave it out.

It’ll be an unlockable after you finish all the games in the collection, mark my words.

Ogbert

High price, limited availability because fuck you, no work put on visuals other than resolution, no galaxy 2.

Yup, sounds like Nintendo alright. Please understand.

Well, three of the best games ever. Now on handheld.

Sounds like Nintendo alright.

Astral Dog

Well..at least this was something.
Merchantise looks cool, Mario Kart looks like a fun gimmicky game, Bowser Fury looks creepy.

I still want a General Direct >:^( and lol @ no Galaxy 2

Top Bottom