• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Releases Anniversary Direct for Mario Including 3D Collection

Fake

Ah, I’d prefer HD upgrades of the 3Ds Remakes instead honestly.
IDK... I have a 3DS with me here, but I not a huge fan of those Zelda 3DS Remakes... I still prefer the 64 version of both Ocarina and Majora. Besides, as the trailler suggest maybe bringing the DS/3DS version could be more hard than the Nintendo 64 version because if I remember right the Mario 64 got a DS version.

Akhe

Mario All-Stars and Kart live..duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! I'm crying like a little girl.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
IDK... I have a 3DS with me here, but I not a huge fan of those Zelda 3DS Remakes... I still prefer the 64 version of both Ocarina and Majora. Besides, as the trailler suggest maybe bringing the DS/3DS version could be more hard than the Nintendo 64 version because if I remember right the Mario 64 got a DS version.
I understwnd the nostalgia. Its just that the N64 visuals are atrocious nowdays and the 3DS remakes at least freshend it up.
Optimum would be a OoT+MM Remake pack with HD versions of the 3DS games and alternative N64 modes.
That shit would sell like hot cakes.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I understwnd the nostalgia. Its just that the N64 visuals are atrocious nowdays and the 3DS remakes at least freshend it up.
Optimum would be a OoT+MM Remake pack with HD versions of the 3DS games and alternative N64 modes.

I would love a Zelda collection next year. OOT+MM 3D, WW+TP HD Wii U, and a SS port.

Would be ideal if they could touch up some the Majora changes on the 3DS. Would be really cool if they could do something like Halo where pressing the back button in anniversary games switches between original and new graphics.

If they do Zelda Lego I will be forced to declare bankruptcy...

Saber

Gold Member
Gotta say I'm pretty dissapointed with Mario 64. Nothing against it, but I would like they to make kind of a new version out of the DS version.

The DS version is good, the problem is that the DS is not viable to play this kinda of game. The D-pad is useless.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

The collection is missing the best 3D Mario and there are basically no upgrades or new content for 64 And sunshine, and this is probably are holiday titles...

God so depressing..

sixamp

Wtf why is nintendo so damn lazy. They could have remaster these games . I swear as much as I love nintendo I also loathe them

UnNamed

Banned
No Galaxy 2?
16:9 only on Sunshine?
64 without DS port elements?

31stJduNtEL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Bridges

Really this is on me for actually expecting them to do any work real work on these, but man after they remade Peach's Castle in Super Mario Odyssey I really thought we might get 64 in the Odyssey engine. Hopes dashed, still pre-ordered anyway cause I'm a sucker and this thing is gonna be impossible to find a few weeks after it's out.

I still have some questions though, like how does FLUDD work on the joycon's digital triggers? How does Galaxy's pointer work on a Pro Controller? Can we map the wiimote "shake" to a button or trigger on a Pro Controller?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I just had this thought, and I am sure its already bene mentioned here, but why the fuck is 3D World not included in SUPER MARIO 3D ALL STARS!?

I need coffee.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Really this is on me for actually expecting them to do any work real work on these, but man after they remade Peach's Castle in Super Mario Odyssey I really thought we might get 64 in the Odyssey engine. Hopes dashed, still pre-ordered anyway cause I'm a sucker and this thing is gonna be impossible to find a few weeks after it's out.

I still have some questions though, like how does FLUDD work on the joycon's digital triggers? How does Galaxy's pointer work on a Pro Controller? Can we map the wiimote "shake" to a button or trigger on a Pro Controller?
The joycons aren’t bad for directional control, and I think the pro has a gyro - I reckon they’ll probably use that to handle movement. Shaking should also be doable with the gyro.

Kokoloko85

Nice. I would prefer them separately because of price.
I really dislike Galaxy
And would prefer to buy All stars, I dont want to be locked to online subcription to play them...

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Pre-ordered a Game & Watch from the UK site. Normally I wouldn't piss on a scalper if one was burning but I can see some people being daft enough to pay silly money for an unopened one of these further down the line.

Then again it is rather scrumdiddlyumptuous. I'll more than likely keep it for myself.

36f70fc0-edeb-11ea-bee3-8befccea7ecc

Wonder if they'll make more of them?

Last edited:

Bridges

WAIT WAIT WTF 3D WORLD ONLINE??

But it says limited???? Limited to what??
The original game had some dumb online functionality where you could see ghosts of other players completing the course as you played, so it's probably just that. If it does have online multi though that might be enough for me to double dip. I'm sure it'll be unplayable like Mario Maker 2's but that's still better than nothing.

carlosrox

Banned
The original game had some dumb online functionality where you could see ghosts of other players completing the course as you played, so it's probably just that. If it does have online multi though that might be enough for me to double dip. I'm sure it'll be unplayable like Mario Maker 2's but that's still better than nothing.

It's confirmed to have actual online play apparently.

SamFo

Nintendo simping is real and sad.

the tony hawk remaster from fkn activision has more reverence for the source material than anything Nintendo announced.

also don’t buy that game and watch thing or those god awful Mario karts.

it’s another piece of plastic crap you’ll regret buying along with your:

NES classic
SNES classic
NES controller Joy cons
Snes Controllers for switch

and no doubt countless other things Nintendo has sold you.

PhoenixTank

the tony hawk remaster from fkn activision has more reverence for the source material than anything Nintendo announced.

NES classic
SNES classic
NES controller Joy cons

KuX4ue4.png

Since when did simping become synonymous with "someone buying something I don't like"?
You forgot to mention cardboard, bruh.

Codes 208

NES classic
SNES classic
NES controller Joy cons

What the literal fuck? I have no regrets with what I’ve purchased thank you. The SNES classic still stands as the best mini retro System out there.

NES classic
SNES classic
NES controller Joy cons

Thanks for the input. Hope you enjoy your tony hawk video game.

Porcile

Sorry but I want classic games to look as close to original but in as high a quality as possible. The way these games look is fine. They don't need a bunch of tacked on effects.

SamFo

Sorry but I want classic games to look as close to original but in as high a quality as possible. The way these games look is fine. They don't need a bunch of tacked on effects.
Sure, but the price is eye watering considering the age of the games. And the lack of inclusion of galaxy 2 right?

Raploz

I'm kinda disapointed. I was expecting at least higher resolution textures (like Zelda Twilight Princess HD) and maybe lighting changes (Like Wind Waker HD), but it's just the same 3 games with widescreen support and a higher resolution. Well, at least people that didn't have a GameCube or N64 will be able to experience those games. I'd rather play on an emulator though.

Last edited:

Porcile

Sure, but the price is eye watering considering the age of the games. And the lack of inclusion of galaxy 2 right?

Right but I own all these games in their original form and I could play in high res for free if I wanted to via emulation. The point is to have the games in an officially sanctioned package. The price you're willing to pay for that is entirely subjective, but at the end of the day hundreds of thousands of people, perhaps a couple million, will buy this so the price is obviously not eye watering for those who want it.

radewagon

Let's see...
Lazy ports? Check.
Less content on one of them than a DS game? Check.
Missing the sequel to one of the included games? Check.
Limited for absolutely no reason? Check.
Shockingly overpriced for what you are getting? Check.
Nintendo fanboys excited about the prospect of being taken for suckers? Check.

Did I miss something? Is it Jim Sterling's birthday?

Would have loved to see complete remakes of the 3D stuff.

Mario64 looks a bit long in the tooth by now. Same with Sunshine and Galaxy.

Saruhashi

Banned

In some ways I agree but in some ways I also feel like OoT and MM are part of videogame history and they shouldn't be messed around with.

Giving them a graphical and performance overhaul is a good idea in principle but then it just feels like an inauthentic experience because the content is still very much "of it's time" and so there's a weird thing going on where you've got this very traditional and classic gameplay experience but it's showing off a ton of distracting graphical bells and whistles.

In saying that I though the Links Awakening remaster was actually pretty well done.
If they could redo OoT and MM in a similar kind of highly stylized way then I could have my head turned, I think.

I'm kind of not sure where I'd land on this overall.

It seems like one of those things where many people who are into gaming value graphics and performance over everything else.
So you've got these really classic games that are historical and classic but people are just saying "now do it with better graphics and 60fps".

Top Bottom