• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo releases First and Third Party game list (Wii U/3DS)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Inherently these are not always exhaustive.

nintendofpf0ke5.jpg

nintendotpiqj7r.jpg

terrisus

"Early 2013" for Animal Crossing in the US?
Bah, it's early 2013 right now, wonder how late counts as "early."

DaBoss

It should be noted that titles confirmed to be coming are not in the list (Rayman Legends and RE:R for the US and Europe). So there may be mistakes in that list.

Ronok

You're really going to exclude Monolith from US and EU? Don't be like that Nintendo. We don't need it right now.

Frolow

Banned
X was shown on the North America Direct. And Resident Evil Revelations, already announced for an overseas release, is only on the Japan list. Probably just a mistake.

Katsuragi

The X trailer is on Nintendo of America's YouTube channel. I wouldn't take this list as a sign that it isn't coming to the West.

Pociask

Some of those delays are :\. I was thinking panic Nintendo was going to get most of the ND titles out this year (at least everything announced as playable at E3). Now...

Also, DAT THIRD PARTY RELEASE SCHEDULE. Come on, Nintendo - Rise to Heaven! I know you can do it!

Drago

?

Just seems weird to me that they'd show it in the Direct then not put it on this list.
Was just a jab at the prospect that we'd have to do another Rainfall-like situation to get X released overseas. It would be a boneheaded move not to release it worldwide, and I'm baffled that it's not on the list.

?

Just seems weird to me that they'd show it in the Direct then not put it on this list.
It's just fucking stupid if they don't bring it over; The Last Story was one of the best games I had played in recent years, it people wanted Xenoblade even more.

[citation needed]

The way that game was released means there's like no NPD numbers.
At least it sold 40k in France alone

iammeiam

It should be noted that titles confirmed to be coming are not in the list (Rayman Legends and RE:R for the US and Europe). So there may be mistakes in that list.

I read through the list like three times trying to find Rayman Legends before realizing it wasn't on the US list. I know the list isn't exhaustive, but we have a demo so it's a weird one to skip.

Instro

1VWTK12.gif

That's uh, a lot of TBD. I wonder if any of the big franchises from Nintendo are actually going to come out this year. Maybe Mario Kart.

I would say Mario Kart is a shoe in as they need something big for the holidays. Maybe Bayo 2 will make it out this year, otherwise I don't see any of the others making it.

Neiteio

It'd be mighty dumb of them. Xenoblade sold better in the US than any other region IIRC.
Wow, did Xenoblade really sell best in the U.S.? But yeah, they need to confirm X for North America, Europe, etc.

At any rate, I suspect The Wonderful 101 will hit after E3. If it's ready, it'd be cool to see it launch with similar timing to OoT3D, mere weeks after E3. That way, E3 can build Platinum hype with Bayonetta 2 and one last epic TW101 showing, to help sell the game to "core gamers" (and Nintendo loyalists unfamiliar with P*) when it launches a couple weeks later.

On that same note, Bayonetta 2 has been in development for years, apparently, on other systems before becoming a WiiU title. I could see them going all-out with it at E3 and having it ready by the holidays, maybe to steal thunder from a rival system launch. Ditto for 3D Mario and Mario Kart.

If they're meaning to "tide us over" with Wind Waker HD, as they put it in the Nintendo Direct, the new Zelda is no doubt a definite 2014 title.

Pikmin 3 seems like a May title for some reason, doesn't it? Maybe it's because it's springtime, with all the flowers? *shrugs*

Top Bottom