• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Releasing Animal Crossing Themed Switch

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised it's the regular and not Lite.

Well one of the main features of New Horizons is that you can play co-op on the same Switch, so it does make sense.

But I was expecting a special edition for both honestly.

I’m tempted. I wanted to buy the new Switch revision, but I was holding out hope for a pro. At this point, I should just wait for E3 and see if Nintendo brings any new hardware news. I am weak though...

Rat Rage

Looks great. I know some people who've been holding back a Switch purchase because they wanted to see if there'll be a Animal Crossing themed Swtich.

Silvawuff

Aaah I love it, it's so cute! Playing the long game tho, Animal Crossing has a way of wearing out its welcome and after being "done" with the game and the hype, I'd rather just have a plain 'ol unassuming black Switch, which I do! Edit: Looking closer it's black with the little motif on the back with just different joycon colors, I'd be fine with this I think.

Last edited:

McCheese

Holy shit, did Nintendo just embrace Vaporwave?

Imagine chilling with this thing, surrounded by roman statues holding neon lights. Heaven.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Holy shit, did Nintendo just embrace Vaporwave?

Imagine chilling with this thing, surrounded by roman statues holding neon lights. Heaven.

I've only just heard of this, but I love vaporwave colors! 💜

giphy.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
First unboxing.

I really do actually want this. The back, the dock, and Joy-Cons with the little white strap slide thingies attached, all look amazing.

I’m a little less impressed with the front. It looks more like a normal Switch with pastel colored Joy-Cons, which is still pretty nice, I suppose.

Jooxed

Gold Member
First unboxing.

I really do actually want this. The back, the dock, and Joy-Cons with the little white strap slide thingies attached, all look amazing.

I’m a little less impressed with the front. It looks more like a normal Switch with pastel colored Joy-Cons, which is still pretty nice, I suppose.

it looks so good

First unboxing.

I wish the Switch itself was white to match the back of the joycons and the dock. It still looks good, I think.

jts

...hate me...
I preordered this thing but since I won't be able to get it delivered day 1 I was thinking of buying the game digitally for my current Switch and then sell the code that comes in the box (EU).

Really need to find out more details about this special cloud save for ACNH.

Geez, I can't wait for Animal Crossing. It's only a month out and there's still nothing new about it. Also, I traded in my old Switch for the new one, and I'm going through Switch withdrawal. Ugh.

lachesis

Picked up mine in the morning at a Best Buy in NYC near my work... Due to Corona Virus - I wish I had chosen to ship to my place.
It's my first Switch that I bought for myself. I had bought Switch near launch for my daughter - but I've been holding out for rumored Switch Pro.... but had to buy this. Just way too cute to pass up. LOL

However I don't have any game to play yet - daughter's Switch and games are at my ex's place - so nothing to play yet. (She'll bring some home next weekend)
I'm still running thru some other game anyhow - so maybe it will just sit there till my and my daughter's Animal Crossing comes in next Friday! It would be my first Animal Crossing game experience - not sure if I would really like it, but am looking forward to it.

At this rate of Corona Virus... - her spring break would be vacationing to a deserted island - and so would be mine. As homebodies - I have no qualm about it nor she does...

GG2v8L6.jpg

OpXwP68.jpg

I noticed the box itself is rather matte finish, unlike usual glossy finish. Nice touch - even though I suspect it would get scratched up much easier than conventional printed artwork.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Picked up mine in the morning at a Best Buy in NYC near my work... Due to Corona Virus - I wish I had chosen to ship to my place.
It's my first Switch that I bought for myself. I had bought Switch near launch for my daughter - but I've been holding out for rumored Switch Pro.... but had to buy this. Just way too cute to pass up. LOL

However I don't have any game to play yet - daughter's Switch and games are at my ex's place - so nothing to play yet. (She'll bring some home next weekend)
I'm still running thru some other game anyhow - so maybe it will just sit there till my and my daughter's Animal Crossing comes in next Friday! It would be my first Animal Crossing game experience - not sure if I would really like it, but am looking forward to it.

At this rate of Corona Virus... - her spring break would be vacationing to a deserted island - and so would be mine. As homebodies - I have no qualm about it nor she does...

GG2v8L6.jpg

OpXwP68.jpg

I noticed the box itself is rather matte finish, unlike usual glossy finish. Nice touch - even though I suspect it would get scratched up much easier than conventional printed artwork.

-Arcadia- -Arcadia- Jealous?

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
It’s so beautiful. No matter how I look at it, there’s always something visually awesome going on with it. The dock, the subtle art on the back, the cool shoelace-like Joy-Con straps, the pastel Joy-Cons (pretty sure these are far and away my favorite Joy-Con colors ever)...

You’ve all seen it, you know what it looks like, but it just keeps up that vibe in real life. At the end of the day, it’s still a Switch and not that different, but I think it’s easily the best looking big model ever.

lachesis

Just finished setting up in my living room as well. My setup is pretty minimal & stoic, so I thought it would ruin the whole thing... but a bit of whimsical coloring, really pops and it's not an eyesore. The bright blue and greens are subtly neon-like, so that it's so vibrant, subtle and quite joyful.

Now, I even paired it up a Pro controller too... but have no games to play on it though! As always, I always start a Nintendo console with a first party Nintendo game - so waiting on my daughter's Link's awakening, or Animal crossing... :)

bumpkin

I wish Nintendo would lift the street date on the game and unlock the preloaded version early. So many people choosing to self quarantine to avoid catching the stupid virus right now. With all the doom and gloom, we could all use an island escape.

The ACNH console I preordered for my wife from Best Buy came today. I am totally envious of it. I got a mariko Switch just before Christmas so I didn’t want to upgrade again; her Switch is more beautiful than mine.

Top Bottom