• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo retailer customer service training video (1991)

Oh cool, it's the guy from 24 and Enterprise.

2eyjjih.jpg

They never really resolve the issue with the guy and his stick NES. If they let that story continue, he would have a fit and knock over a magazine rack.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I get a kick out of the fact that Nintendo still has that same customer service number.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
NeoGAFFer said:
^ What is it for ?
I've always wandered what was that number for.

Back in the day, it was a primary source to collect information on video games. You guys have it easy, F5 on NeoGAF until news comes along your way. I used that hotline to figure out when games were coming out.

FoxSpirit

Oh wow... I work in retail... oh god...

I can't finish watching... peces.... tearing... I'm also on sick leave... augh!!

Funny thing, I'll handle this no problem in person but I just can't bear watching this
psyduck.gif

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Man, people in the 90s sucked.

I can't believe I just watched that whole damn thing.

Edit: I love that background with all the boxes - brings back some serious memories. Ahhhhh nostalgia.

botticus

I'm glad my mom spent $11.95 on the NES Cleaning Kit. I just pulled it out of the drawer and it's still in the original packaging with an unused cleaning strip. :lol

FoxSpirit said:
Oh wow... I work in retail... oh god...

I can't finish watching... peces.... tearing... I'm also on sick leave... augh!!

Funny thing, I'll handle this no problem in person but I just can't bear watching this
psyduck.gif

As someone who use to be in retail, I felt the same thing.

MotherFan

DoctorWho said:
As someone who use to be in retail, I felt the same thing.

Indeed. I workded at Macy's for awhile and its crazy what customers try to pull. The first guy in the video :lol

CTLance

Fuck. all that video did was confirm that I may never again listen to the Dr Mario OST without feeling all sappy thanks to that "my first friend" dog video. I hate you, neogaf. :(

Big-E

Was expecting this to be a lot funnier than it was. Only mildly amusing thing is that Phlox was in it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
CTLance said:
Fuck. all that video did was confirm that I may never again listen to the Dr Mario OST without feeling all sappy thanks to that "my first friend" dog video. I hate you, neogaf. :(
I'm probably going to regret asking this, but: what video?

test_account

XP-39C²
Nice! :) I really enjoy to watch these old video game related videos! :) It brings back memories for me back to the good old Nintendo 8-bit and Super Nintendo days! :) Thanks for posting this video, Wario64! :)

CTLance

Link said:
I'm probably going to regret asking this, but: what video?
Nah, you won't regret it. It's just that (in general and as a dog owner especially) I'm pretty susceptible to that stuff.

Anyway, go here to watch the video in question.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I work returns, and ain't nobody ever offered to bring ME a pie. :(

God that first part rings soooo true. I see like 14 people like that every day.

But dear Lord, do you how pissed people actually get if you tell them to call the manufacturer about a problem? I don't know why it's so hard to understand that the manufacturer warranty is longer than the in-store warranty.

Link

The Autumn Wind
CTLance said:
Nah, you won't regret it. It's just that (in general and as a dog owner especially) I'm pretty susceptible to that stuff.

God dammit, I was watching it thinking it'd be all happy and cute, then the end comes and hits me in the balls with a sack of nickels.

EDIT -
Regulus Tera said:
Oh why, why did you have to ask? :( *sheds a tear*
I was unaware!

Struct09

NintendoGal said:
It looks like it was filmed at NOA Redmond, next to Fun & Games where they have the display area.

Yep, a lot of that was clearly shot at NOA. You can even see their white building through some of the windows.

I watched the whole thing through just due to seeing the old boxes. Memories...

Drkirby said:
Why would they of changed it?

Actually they did change it. When *I* was a kid the number to call was 1-800-422-2602. Later on they changed it to the newer one, but the old one still works.

FoxSpirit

CTLance said:

Awwww, that's so sweet ;-;

CTLance said:

I just cried so hard after seeing that. Flood of memories of every dog I've ever owned. <3 Paco, Strike, and Kennedy.

I've been thinking really hard about getting another dog around summer time, and I think that video sealed the deal.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The NES is not working right with the lady, it glitched right to the castle on start up.

Also, I want a Nintendo trouble shotting guide ;-;

Top Bottom