• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo said they want to work with other devs via crossovers, who do you want?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
new gameplay is the only meaningful "new IP" that anyone who cares about games should want.

We see "new IP" all the time in the form of fresh skins over copycat games - like the army of military themed first person shooters. People seem easily tricked by a coat of paint.

Nintendo is talented at creating characters and worlds because they put a lot of care and crafting into them. This makes them conservative about creating "new IP" as people perceive it, willy-nilly. They seem like they don't want to waste shots at new properties by tossing out something unoriginal and half-baked.

They do need to create new characters and worlds, because they're very good at it. But never mistake that for not making new "gameplay", which Nintendo does all the time. If anything, they are entirely predicated on making new ideas and gameplay.

But then people just call those "gimmicks"...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't see you posting in The Wonferful 101 thread. Almost nobody who usually complains about Nintendo's reuses of their franchises did actually.

Exactly lol

And even then, better overall game trumps "new IP". I guess people just like to tout it because it's the only thing they can proclaim.

Anyway we're getting off thread.

Honestly?

A Mario x Sonic game. Mostly because I don't feel Sega has ever used Sonic properly and I think Nintendo could really make the gameplay amazing.

Better yet, leave Mario out of it. I just want a Nintendo developed Sonic.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Not only Atlus for Fire Emblem, but also Namco for Smash Bros.
Considering Nintendo struggles with third parties, and time requested for HD development, I think that this could be an interesting way of pushing more games on the market for the Wii U.
Of couse, those should be smart partnership, especially in terms of genre (not as an action for Metroid)

That said, I honestly don't know which other partnerships I would like to see.

Ravage

This is a smart way to get guaranteed exclusives. I wonder how these arrangements work though. Does Nintendo fork up the cash and leave all the development to 3rd parties? Or is it a mix of both?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Do people really want a Mario/Sonic crossover game, or do you just want a good developer working on Sonic?

I can't even imagine how that game would work properly.

Mdk7

Screw crossovers, and keep working closely with Platinum Games.

Even though my dream would be a collaboration between Nintendo and... thatgamecompany.
For Zelda

I'd rather Nintendo collaborate with other developers on new and original IPs and game ideas. But barring that, Legend of Zelda X Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, because why not?

Midou

Platinum Games x Grasshopper.

PG does best gameplay.

Grasshopper does crazy stories and visual styles, but often underwhelming gameplay.

Match made in heaven.

I'd be very interested in seeing Nintendo VS Capcom for sure.

FE x SMT is already one dream come true, though, so I'm happy right now. Very happy.

shaowebb

Mario and Sonic in a crossover title where they each take on levels from the other's games that have been remastered. Mario in Sonic game stages and vice versa complete with powerups remastered from those games to work for the new protagonists. Its just gimmicky enough to sell me a copy.

Fantasy Zone x Star Fox
Cave X Nintendo would make me excited too but it'll never happen. I'd like a dedicated Nintendo bullethell and crossover cast starring in it would thrill me.

I haven't really got anything special though to add. I just woke up.

Alrus

Another dream project for me would be a Zelda spin-off involving Sheik done by either Itagaki or Kamiya. It would be glorious, it's never going to happen >.>

Alex

I was hoping more along the lines of development cross overs than franchise mix ups. While I am very curious about SMT x Fire Emblem, I'd be happier if it was just SMT or just Fire Emblem, personally.

Monster Hunter X Pokemon

That'd something I'd like to see!

FUCK I just thought of that as I scrolled down! XD

But yeah. With Pokemon Conquest and now this, I think it's a sure bet we'll see more.

Pokemon and Tales kinda sounds uber awesome, Pokemon in Vesperia graphics? Yes please.

Zelda and Soul Calibur? OH WAIT!

CSX

Do SMT again and this time do Pokemon x SMT

Game Freak is still 2nd party correct? Even though, Nintendo should be able to get them to do this.

Finally fusing Pokemon and fighting alongside them :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Do SMT again and this time do Pokemon x SMT

Game Freak is still 2nd party correct? Even though, Nintendo should be able to get them to do this.

Finally fusing Pokemon and fighting alongside them :)

We already have that, and it's shit - it's called ReBurst

Top Bottom