• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo sending out Mystery Boxes to promote NBA 2k18

Nintendo isn't doing this specifically, it's 2K. Other 2K youtubers (that have no Nintendo affiliation) are getting the same thing. It's just to promote 2K18.

Gonna dunk on LeBron with Mario, can't wait!

MAMA MIA!

It'd be awesome if they worked something like this out again. a la Nba Street V3 for GCN

tumblr_o6t10p5rPs1rrftcdo1_500.gif

EDarkness

Looking forward to playing a bit of NBA 2k18 again. Been waiting for Amazon to open pre-orders, but they've been slow. I don't want to pre-order through Gamestop. Hope the game is good.

Preble

Cool. Think I'm gonna pick up 2K18 this year. Last one I played was 2K14 on PS4.
Hopefully it good on Switch.

So, are you saying that 2K sent his under the guise of nintendo or?

Basically as others have said, 2K is just sending this stuff out to influencers who play the games, stream them, are known in the community. I'd assume Nintendo is doing the same thing with their own influencers.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Basically as others have said, 2K is just sending this stuff out to influencers who play the games, stream them, are known in the community. I'd assume Nintendo is doing the same thing with their own influencers.
Their influencers? You mean their content thieves?

It'd be awesome if they worked something like this out again. a la Nba Street V3 for GCN

tumblr_o6t10p5rPs1rrftcdo1_500.gif

I think a simulation does not fit Mario and Luigi nearly as well as an arcade sports game.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
having a full blown portable nba is gonna be so dope... should get some buds into Switch as well

I like the fact that 2K is treating the Switch version the same as the other versions. Hopefully no missing features. If so, support this game Switch owners. Show EA what's up.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Well atleast we know the switch version is getting the same push marketing wise

unrealist

Props to promoting a third party game on Switch. I guess it is the only recent one they can focus on too. Kinda getting sick of old Wii U ports and indies.

Lack of a main Pokemon game, incomplete Fifa edition, short upcoming Direct and lackluster Arms review scores is really denting on the Switch's momentum on a whole in my opinion.

Josh5890

Props to promoting a third party game on Switch. I guess it is the only recent one they can focus on too. Kinda getting sick of old Wii U ports and indies.

Lack of a main Pokemon game, incomplete Fifa edition, short upcoming Direct and lackluster Arms review scores is really denting on the Switch's momentum on a whole in my opinion.

78 metacritic for a brand new IP with and a fresh take on an old genre is lack luster?

Cartho

Can't wait for NBA 2k18 to come out, with full features, and make EA look really, really lazy / incompetent for putting out a crappy, gimped version of FIFA.

selo

Huh, I wasn't aware this was coming to the switch :eek:

By the way, has anyone seen this supposed leak? Not sure if real or not
18892984_1869573889969496_1721619524167760470_n.jpg

pooptest

Isn't DQ11 mainly for PS4, with the Switch being an afterthought.

Also, isn't MvC:I going to be playable (at least for PS4)?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

While I like a few of those ideas (e.g., NLG making a Luigi's Mansion sequel based on Super Mario Land would be cool—perhaps he'd be cleaning out Daisy's castle?), I don't think a single one of these "leaks" like this has ever been real. It's way too easy for a random person to make one, and I don't know if we've ever been given proof that any company actually has documents like this.

As for what's on the list itself, I can't imagine Nintendo subtitling a Metroid Prime game "Scars." I also don't see how it'd even be possible for Playtonic games to already be working on a DKC game when they're still working on the Switch version of Yooka-Laylee and patching up the other versions while also being a tiny developer. I'm sure they're planning their next game right now, but a DKC game by them would have to be ridiculously early in development and probably a 2019 game at the earliest. I can't see current Nintendo showing anything like that off until 6-12 months before launch. Other issues I have with it are that I don't think Capcom would call MH XX "Generations 2" in the US since it's an expanded version (I'd guess they'd just call it "Generations Ultimate"), and NMH3 (if it even ends up being that) should be waaaay too early in development to show up at the showcase. Additionally, too many of these games would have to be 2018. Lastly, there's no way all of these games could be shown in a video that's 30-minutes long, since a number of them would need proper introductions.

Top Bottom