• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Shadowdrops Direct TODAY

Shantae

Banned
All of those 2k games are soooo what I've been needing on my Switch. Maybe Bioshock less so, because I haven't really felt like playing those again, but still nice to see. Borderlands and Xcom though, yess...totally what I need.

Shantae

Banned
Nice, totally buying Jedi Academy today.

Wait, Panzer Dragoon is today also?? is this a digital only game?

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
Even if it was mainly ports, this mini direct was pretty dope
Some of these ports I'm totally okay with, because it's what the Switch has needed. Seriously, I feel like I've been screaming for a Borderlands 2 port for over a year now. The system needed something like that. I'm glad I haven't played Xcom 2 yet either, because it's perfect for the system for me. Would have been nice to get xcom 1, but I guess I don't need to play it again.

Codes 208

Some of these ports I'm totally okay with, because it's what the Switch has needed. Seriously, I feel like I've been screaming for a Borderlands 2 port for over a year now. The system needed something like that. I'm glad I haven't played Xcom 2 yet either, because it's perfect for the system for me. Would have been nice to get xcom 1, but I guess I don't need to play it again.
Im personally hoping for ports of the zelda remasters and mario 3d world but i feel those will be saved for a regular (or e3-style) direct

mcjmetroid

Dreadful but then the Switch is pretty much the second half of the year console The directs at the start of the year are always bad. Animal crossing will have to keep me going a while.

You know things are bad when they dropped in that tabletop game.

Only thing I'd consider is xcom 2 but that footage looked brutal and the PS4 port was terrible with loading so I'm hoping at least they can fix that.

The Switch also has a big problem with ports and remasters I don't care what anyone says.

mcjmetroid

Holy shit. So many dope games.

Xcom fucking 2

Borderlands Collection

Mufuckin Bioshock

Switch is on fire
All good additions to the library but nothing to boast about I'd say. I'll never say no to more ports but to have them showcased like this in their first announcement event in months is worrying.

Either the corona virus has hit them hard or they're saving everything till the end of the year for when the new consoles launch. I'm guessing it's both.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
All good additions to the library but nothing to boast about I'd say. I'll never say no to more ports but to have them showcased like this in their first announcement event in months is worrying.

Either the corona virus has hit them hard or they're saving everything till the end of the year for when the new consoles launch. I'm guessing it's both.
I mean, 2K supporting Switch with a bunch of stuff is pretty news worthy. Even EA is dropping a random game. Not bad for a Direct mini out of nowhere. I’ll probably grab Bioshock for another playthrough if the price is good.

Nintendo is saving their big announcements for the ghost of E3 obviously.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Free update for RingFit?

And it's a rhythm game?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Great to see ARMS joining Smash Bros, and I hope people take advantage of the "free" trial for the game. It's the spiritual successor to Wii Boxing.

The Clubhouse 51 game collection doesn't look half bad. The DS version was excellent.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
2mqhLFp.jpg

I'll take that. thank you :messenger_relieved:

Shantae

Banned
I notice that a lot of these new listing on the eshop don't have prices...clearly they're still debating what they can get away with for late ports. They probably oh so want to price these at full lol. Get ready for $60 bioshock collection.

I like the direct format, but I still kinda hate the way Nintendo does things with info dumping. I want Bravely Default, but I don't want to hear long details of the game. Just tell me it's announced, and that's good enough to me, because experiencing the game and it's system is part of why I wanna play it. Not watch in a video.

StormCell

I notice that a lot of these new listing on the eshop don't have prices...clearly they're still debating what they can get away with for late ports. They probably oh so want to price these at full lol. Get ready for $60 bioshock collection.

I like the direct format, but I still kinda hate the way Nintendo does things with info dumping. I want Bravely Default, but I don't want to hear long details of the game. Just tell me it's announced, and that's good enough to me, because experiencing the game and it's system is part of why I wanna play it. Not watch in a video.

The beauty of the mini direct format is that you can skip past those parts. I did a lot of skipping.

Top Bottom