• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spain press release hints at Monster Hunter 4 localization

There's an event in Barcelona called "Salón del Manga XIX" happening between October 31 and November 3, Nintendo is going to be participating and in their press release they state they are going to bring the following games in playable form for 3DS.

Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Inazuma Eleven 3
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 4

They are also bringing Junichi Masuda who will participate on a small Pokemon talk. The winner of a Pokemon XY tournament will get to play against Masuda as well.

http://www.nextn.es/2013/10/conoce-lo-que-llevara-nintendo-al-salon-del-manga-xix-monster-hunter-4-estara-en-su-stand-sabeis-que-significa/

We all knew it was coming right?

Why else would online play be built in from the ground up

I wonder if they will patch in Voice Chat (assuming there are enough resources to run it in the background) like they did with the WiiU Version of Ultimate

DaBoss

It begins.

The anticipation before every Nintendo Direct, the stupid rumors and fake news...

Just confirm it already, please, no need to give a release window, do a Square Enix!

Syril

Was there any chance it wasn't coming? Am I missing something here?

It's been out in Japan for nearly a month and that facebook post is literally the first time that Capcom even acknowledged the idea of localizing it. Although I suspected that there might be something soon when they put 3 Ultimate on sale three times in a row.

When MH4 was announced I predicted that it was being developed for Global release from the Very beginning

I will be surprised to see a localization announcement this early though

I was thinking 2014 at the earliest

Sendou

Missing out on portable 3rd and a very long wait for ultimate?

It's been out in Japan for nearly a month and that facebook post is literally the first time that Capcom even acknowledged the idea of localizing it. Although I suspected that there might be something soon when they put 3 Ultimate on sale three times in a row.

Who knows how long it will take. I'm just convinced it is coming. What I'm not convinced is Nintendo's ability of keeping 3DS output at the same level as this year. This would mean they are looking for games like Monster Hunter 4 to bring over even if Capcom didn't give a fuck. Also this isn't PSP nor is it portable 3rd. This is Monster Hunter 4 or 3DS.

Seems like it's coming earlier than anyone thought, since it'll be playable at the event. I expected an April 2014 announcement honestly.

Probably Nintendo e-mailed Capcom 3DS_schedule_2014.pdf or something.

Muzy72

Banned
What's the consensus on MH4? Would I be able to get into it easily? Because MH3 kinda scared me off the series tbh

wrowa

Seems like it's coming earlier than anyone thought, since it'll be playable at the event. I expected an April 2014 announcement honestly.

Well, it'll be more than likely be a Japanese version, though. NoE has done that several times in the past already -- they showed the Japanese versions of Pandora's Tower and Last Story at Japan Expo and as recently as two months ago, they showcased the Japanese Bravely Default at gamescom.

tiamat

Neo Member
They're only confirming something like a demo (maybe with jap version), not localisation. Read that press release and that's just speculation.

Didn't they also say time travelers and ex troopers will also be brought to the west?

didn't Nintendo spain tell us we were getting EX troopers and time travellers?

edit - damn suppadoopa lol

That was a misunderstanding. They showed a slide at a private event that had those listed, and people ran with it. They clarified at the event it was just a list of titles releasing soon in all regions. Nothing more.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44381654&postcount=153

No SMTIV. Again.

This makes the list believable then. :)

It's not a typo as well, it's not MH3 -- they specifically say "games that are yet to come out".

Indeed. I would still keep my hype meter set to 'low', but the last time NOE brought playable builds of Japanese-only games to a Western trade show, it was The Last Story and Pandora's Tower in July 2011. The official localization announcement came a month after in August.

Garou

Of course it's coming, but you're supposed to buy MH3U for Christmas so they won't tell you about it.

Umi88

in an audio interview they've said that it will be a japanese version/demo of the game.

also that it doesnt means its coming, that they will bring mh4 to the event to just show what the system is capable of.. (More likely they cant confirm it, but it will come out of japan).

Top Bottom