• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Special Big Band @ Nico Nico Choukaigi (April 26)

L~A

Edit :

I'll take the hit for you, this deserves to be heard, and people had no problem uploading the Nintendo World 2011 livestream.
It's been uploaded in five parts on YouTube.
Playlist of the entire performance.
Individual parts:
Part 1 -
Super Mario Bros. Series Medley
Part 2 -
Donkey Kong - The Legend of Zelda
Part 3 -
Kirby - Animal Crossing
Part 4 -
Pokémon
Part 5 -
Smash Bros. - Composers (Koji Kondo, Shogo Sakai and Junichi Masuda)
The entire performance is pretty long, around an hour, if the timestamps are taken literally.

We all know that Nintendo is a special sponsor for this year's NicoNico Chokaigi. And apparently, it looks like they will have a special concert by the "Nintendo Special Big Band" on April 26th. Link to the video : here! Nintendo's turn is at 2.30PM / 5.30PM JST, which is 9.30AM/11.30AM GMT+2. They're last, apparently. It's all part of a stage show, with other performers.

0226_cho_stage_336x_350_nintendo.jpg

Here's a list of musicians for the Nintendo Special Big Band, (thanks, StreetsAhead!)

・Arrange & Keyboard: Masanori Sasaji
 ・Bas: Masato Susuki
 ・Drums: Hiroyuki Noritake
 ・Guitar: Takayuki Hijikata
 ・Percussion: Carlos Kanno
 ・Trumpet: Eric Miyashiro
 ・Trumpet: Koji Nishimura
 ・Trumpet: Sho Okumura
 ・Trumpet: Yusuke Nakamura
 ・Trombone: Satoshi Sano
 ・Trombone: Kanade Shishiuchi
 ・Trombone: Azusa Toujou
 ・Bass Trombone: Katsuhisa Asari
 ・Alto Sax: Kazuhiko Kondou
 ・Alto Sax: Nami Kano
 ・Tenor Sax: Osamu Yoshida
 ・Tenor Sax: Masakuni Takano
 ・Baritone Sax: Takuo Yamamoto

Nintendo uploaded a video of the rehearsals on NicoNico : here!

By the way, I just checked the NicoNico schedule, and...

■This program is not available outside of Japan.

;___________________;

Thoroughly enjoyed the Mario & Zelda live concert all those years ago with the Big Band of Rogues. Not certain if any of those performers named above were part of that band as well, but I'm certain it'll be a memorable performance. I'll have to make sure I keep the live stream of the event playing in the background all this weekend.

Translated:

ec0ec0

nico nico... i dont know japanese, what about making your site easy to use!? an english version would be a good start...

L~A

Translated:

Thanks a bunch!

Big question is, what gaming related content will be there? New announcements (Wii U most of all) would be nice...

It's not a video-game focused event, so it's hard to say if there's going to be any announcements. Don't think Nintendo has ever announced anything there, so...

By the way, I just checked the NicoNico schedule, and...

■This program is not available outside of Japan.

;___________________;

Nintendo's turn is tomorrow at 2.30PM / 5.30PM JST, which is 8.30AM/10.30AM GMT+2. They're last, apparently.

whitehawk

Banned

JB2448

NicoNico isn't allowing this performance to be viewable outside of Japan, so if someone could do a mirrored stream of the stream, that'd be awesome.

Edit: Reading the edited OP is advisable, huh? Sorry about that. Still, the request for a mirrored stream is still valid.

JB2448

t1398490200z1.png

Here's a countdown. So, the stream is here, but it's blocked outside of Japan, as the original post says. :( Is there anything we can do?

JB2448

This is starting in a few minutes. Is there anyone in JapanGAF that can mirror the stream? It'd be a great birthday present. :p

Edit: Can someone at least translate this tweet? I think it has something to do with the performance getting a CD/DVD.

Afraid that the person who made that tweet is simply saying that they want something like a CD or DVD, not that there is one announced or on the way.

As for the other tweets....pretty much people just saying how it was amazing, the best of the performances, worth far more than the price of admission, etc.

L~A

Surprised Nintendo didn't manage to get a special stream for themselves... think of all those poor filthy gaijins who'd pay to watch that performance...

I think their performance should start right about now (or at least, it already has). I believe they're supposed to go last, so yeah.

Or maybe I got the time wrong. Dunno, really :(

AdanVC

I'm a huge admirer of videogame music, especially Nintendo music with all of their awesome talented composers they have, and knowing we can't hear/enjoy any of this makes me really sad :'(. Even the promo image looks so damn cool. I'm 100% sure Koji Kondo was there chilling and stuff.

JB2448

Some one uploaded the video on youtube, is it legal to post the link?
I'll take the hit for you, this deserves to be heard, and people had no problem uploading the Nintendo World 2011 livestream.
It's been uploaded in five parts on YouTube.
Playlist of the entire performance.
Individual parts:
Part 1 -
Super Mario Bros. Series Medley
Part 2 -
Donkey Kong - The Legend of Zelda
Part 3 -
Kirby - Animal Crossing
Part 4 -
Pokémon
Part 5 -
Smash Bros. - Composers (Koji Kondo, Shogo Sakai and Junichi Masuda)
The entire performance is pretty long, around an hour, if the timestamps are taken literally.

Top Bottom