• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nbz

Saw Chris Scullion and Neal Ronaghan tweet about this press release

DBpRABSVoAA_BAi.jpg

https://twitter.com/nron10/status/872098584774279168

https://twitter.com/scully1888/status/872098484001939456

Kudo

I think this puts the last nail in the coffin, they're going to be pushing Pokken down our throats, not "Stars", it doesn't exist, for people that were expecting stealth announcement at E3. At least we'll have Super Mario to look at.
How's Eurogamers credibility after this?

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Well, they better be announcing those games lightning quick because that is really not that much time.

vareon

That's kind of short, but if they cut their "playful" segments (interviews, muppet shows) they can still have a lot of announcements. I was hoping for that bit of playfulness though.

maxcriden

Seems short. How long was last year's?

Previous ones ranged in the 40 to 48 minute length, I think, though last year was only Pokémon and Zelda so it was an outlier compared to other Digital Events that focused on several games.

Edit: corrected, thanks DKHF!

J@hranimo

Banned
No thanks. last direct was too fast for its own good. Information went flying over people's head. hardly any time to digest anything

Actually, that was way better. Very clear, very concise news information. Also the video had a rewind button when it was done.

Expect nothing but cool looking indie games that will get delayed 5 times and be 5 times more expensive than they were on steam 9 months earlier and full priced WiiU ports with 1 tiny dumb thing added so people can call it deluxe and pay full price.

Honestly that's a bit disappointing.

Although I guess if they don't have any skits or sections about yarn shops then it'll be about the same game content-wise.

OP misreading it? Nothing about that reads it's 30 minutes long.

The Spotlight begins at 9:00am PDT, so if the Treehouse begins at around 9:30 that would certainly suggest the Spotlight isn't going to be more than about 30 minutes.

killroy87

Considering Mario will probably get like 8 minutes alone, I'm keeping expectations in check.

Well, no I'm not, I'm excited as fuck, but Nintendo reminded me today of how brazenly trolling they can be.

Lucifon

The E3 hype train derailment begins. Sounds incredibly short but I guess it could be fast moving...then again Mario probably takes about 30% of that time.

The length of time means almost nothing regarding the contents of the Spotlight. Sometimes Nintendo announces a bunch of stuff within a few minutes. Other times, they announce almost nothing over a period of 45 minutes. And vice versa.

That being said, you should probably dial down your expectations.

Ehhh if you cut out all the parts in previous E3 Directs about the developers talking about the games then it's probably around that length? Still, always good to keep expectations in gear.

phanphare

Banned
if it's like the first ARMS/Splatoon 2/3DS Direct it'll be fine

they packed that thing full of stuff, especially with the rapid fire bit

I think this puts the last nail in the coffin, they're going to be pushing Pokken down our throats, not "Stars", it doesn't exist. At least we'll have Super Mario to look at.
How's Eurogamers credibility after this?

Bad, as every switch leaker.

I still remember someone building the switch presentation floor saying he saw logos for Super Mario odyssey and arms (that he thought was a w101 sequel), putting a list of things he saw and one of the famous leakers told everyone it was fake.
All her rumours were the fake ones at the end.

Wouldnt surprise smash port ala mario kart 8DX doesnt exist, and in fact I would be happy if it was made from the ground up.

javac

This might be more snappier and straight to the point a la the last Nintendo Direct we had which would explain the name change from Digital Event (more of a show) to Spotlight.

Clefargle

Why so little to show? Why haven't they invested in a high number of titles for their brand new goddamn console that needs support? What the hell is going on at Nintendo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom