• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do see us getting at least one 2018 game in the Spotlight, probably to end the show. Smash 4 port is the most likely to be teased in my opinion. A tease of Retro's game would be a good way to end the show as well. But I could see us getting no 2018 games just as easily too.

KrawlMan

She retweeted Spotlight tweets from both NOA and Nintendo Japan....!!!
HYPE

https://twitter.com/sorayasaga

I mean this is nice confirmation, but I didn't have any doubt that it would show up. Even if the game got delayed it would show up in some form :p

I'm 99% positive Retro's newest game is going to show up and it won't be metroid.

I want to know what Good Feel and HAL are doing though.

New stuff from Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (hoping beyond hope for a 2017 release date) is enough for me personally. Everything else is icing on the cake for me. I hope for a whole lot more, but that's enough for my safe and really low expectations.

Neonep

I do expect Nintendo to tease at least 2 games coming next year not named Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Are their any other games that have been confirmed other than Fire Emblem that is after 2017?

Nere

What are the chances of announcing virtual console on the switch? I want my portable gamecube games dammit!

Nia

I'll be right there with you. This year, like all years, we must hold out...

ukCxhUj.png

Hope!! For a quick and painless death.

The Hermit

New stuff from Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (hoping beyond hope for a 2017 release date) is enough for me personally. Everything else is icing on the cake for me. I hope for a whole lot more, but that's enough for my safe and really low expectations.

Their focus will be those 2 games.

I expect also: Skyrim and NBA2K18 heading the Western 3rd partys.

A teaser of Retro's next game, due to Q1 18

End of the show is Breath of the Wild DLC trailer.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm pretty sure Metroid is going to be announced at E3, and more likely to be out in 2018. It's a shame that Metroid is more likely than Smash for Switch at E3.

I'll be right there with you. This year, like all years, we must hold out...

i just hope kensuke tanabe understands the backlash of federation force and what people want out of the series too. Seeing zelda going back to its roots, mario going back to the mario 64 formula, things that people asked for so long, they must also hear people clamoring for a new metroid that feels ambitious odyssey and botw, right?

KrawlMan

We are pleased to announce two new games from Retro Studios!

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Deluxe and Cranky Kong's Wacky Adventure

you anglin' for some fisticuffs Schucky? that's how you get 'em.

But really if Cranky Kong's Wacky Adventure isn't a 2D platformer, consider me intrigued

Charamiwa

Banned
So is Xenoblade being there mean that it's confirmed for 2017, or does that confirm that they will talk about 2018 titles?

I feel like it's a win-win.

i just hope kensuke tanabe understands the backlash of federation force and what people want out of the series too. Seeing zelda going back to its roots, mario going back to the mario 64 formula, things that people asked for so long, they must also hear people clamoring for a new metroid that feels ambitious odyssey and botw, right?

I've never thought of it that way, but that's true. Both of their other NES originals went back to their roots and are being recieved well.

One just has to hope that they've learned now what we don't want to see, and can successfully revisit what we do, whether that's 2D or 3D.

MoonFrog

While I'd like to see their entire lineup for the next twelve months, through Q2 2018. Beyond that, I'm fine with them not showing anything. >12m hype cycles suck.

I'm not even sure we'll see the full Q1 2018 lineup, though. But those games will be revealed in a few months, I'll live.
Yeah this is where I'm at for the most part.

My mind tells me it may well be a lackluster E3, but that there probably will be some, not many, early 2018 surprise announcements, which may yield a lot of satisfaction.

My heart tells me one of those will be Metroid :p.

But say there're either none or none that blow me away, a possibility I can't write off, then it'll be a limp E3 but that doesn't diminish a strong holiday showing this year or that there may indeed be 2018 games before June to be announced at a later date which will get me excited.

schaft0620

I don't see anyone guessing Yooka-Laylee.

Not too many guesses for Skyrim and NBA either, Nintendo has a big NBA marketing campaign.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Oh yeah I'll be really surprised if Skyrim does not make an appearance.

So is Xenoblade being there mean that it's confirmed for 2017, or does that confirm that they will talk about 2018 titles?

I feel like it's a win-win.

Xenoblade 2 will be a 2017 game.
Until August when they delay it.

The Argus

Honestly, if we don't see Smash 4 at E3 I really hope we get a whole new game instead the year or so after. I say this as an owner of the Wii U version who is kinda sick of ports.

ggx2ac

I'm 99% positive Retro's newest game is going to show up and it won't be metroid.

I want to know what Good Feel and HAL are doing though.

Good Feel: Metroid Woolly World (2D sidescrolling)

HAL: Kirby's&#8203; <Insert adjective here> <Insert noun here>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom