• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is one game that will guarantee whether Nintendo show will be a success or not amongst hardcore gamers. And that is Metroid. The show could just focus on rest of year titles - which will deflate people - but if they drop Metroid at the end that is all that people will remember - for a good reason.

Eager to see whats up!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The way I look at this spotlight is that Nintendo using this E3 to double down on their already announced 2017 lineup will suffice in keeping the Switch off store shelves this year, so why would they go bigger?

I believe the biggest surprises we can hope for is a Mother 3 localization and Metroid-related announcement, just because Reggie has some street-cred tied to those (pending) titles. Retro also has a history of revealing their titles at E3, and they are past due for an announcement​ at this point. But a reveal could also work at the VGAs, which Nintendo has shown something at the last two years and will likely have a big presence at this year with BOTW and Odyssey fighting for GOTY. With that in mind, I personally believe Retro's title will be saved for then.

Animal Crossing and Super Smash Deluxe will not be revealed here. AC Switch will be saved for the AC mobile blowout, which is coming this Fall. Smash Deluxe will be unveiled closer to Nintendo online service going into the paid stage. I imagine Smash Deluxe will have a revamped online mode and be releasing early next year to further incite subscribers to jump on board.

Sheroking

Ah, I see. Thank you. Those aren't definitely first party games, though, nor definitely a set number (I imagine), and I guess Mario + Rabbids is likely one of them.

Those definitely do seem to be placeholders for specific games to me.

You're right that the quality of those products don't necessarily need to be high-end. It could be Just Dance or some crap. The fact that the revealed games on those pre-order lists are major releases gives me some hope.

jeenaudx

Banned
Ah, I see. Thank you. Those aren't definitely first party games, though, nor definitely a set number (I imagine), and I guess Mario + Rabbids is likely one of them.
Yeah and the Playstation section does not have any unannounced games listed. And I would be shocked if they didn't announce anything .

Pachimari

Ah ok. Not into RPGs then. No worries.
I'm into RPG's. First you talk down to people. Then you tell people what they are. And now you tell me what I'm not into. I mean, what's the obsession of ear marking people? I haven't come across you before but you're a special guy.

I dunno, I'm pretty bummed by how short this presentation will be. I don't think we're gonna be seeing anything new or exciting. I'd really like to see what they have planned for 2018, but it looks like they're really only gonna have time to showcase their holiday release if it's only 25 minutes.

I understand wanting to temper expectations for Nintendo presentations, but I really don't think we have anything to worry about here. Even by far the worst Direct (E3 2015) had several surprise game reveals.

Nintendo has always revealed new games in their E3 Directs. I really don't think we have reason to expect anything different here.

The lower you set your expectations now, the greater the presentation will be.

aa0.png

maxcriden

Nico Nico

Thanks, how accurate are they usually?

Those definitely do seem to be placeholders for specific games to me.

You're right that the quality of those products don't necessarily need to be high-end. It could be Just Dance or some crap. The fact that the revealed games on those pre-order lists are major releases gives me some hope.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Thank you. Here's hoping they are high end. But I don't want to expect DK, Kirby and Luigi's Mansion and be disappointed if they are all Just Dance titles. ;)

Surely one of the three is Mario + Rabbids since it's slated for August/September....

Yeah and the Playstation section does not have any unannounced games listed. And I would be shocked if they didn't announce anything .

I would too. That seems odd.

Funny that they talk about kirby on their page, so one of those games could be a kirby game?

Since we know 3DS is getting a (retail, I think) Kirby this December, I don't expect a Switch Kirby yet.

So we could end with just rabbids, fire emblem and just a new game for real

Man.

Well, let's hope for one single new game announcement and be disappointed otherwise. (Though, additional announcements could come in PR and at Treehouse, as we have seen in years past.) I think one new game announcement is a reasonable expectation (that I'd be glad to have exceeded).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Thanks, how accurate are they usually?

Ah, I see what you're saying. Thank you. Here's hoping they are high end. But I don't want to expect DK, Kirby and Luigi's Mansion and be disappointed if they are all Just Dance titles. ;)

Surely one of the three is Mario + Rabbids since it's slated for August/September....

I would too. That seems odd.

Since we know 3DS is getting a (retail, I think) Kirby this December, I don't expect a Switch Kirby yet.

Well, let's hope for one single new game announcement and be disappointed otherwise. (Though, additional announcements could come in PR and at Treehouse, as we have seen in years past.) I think one new game announcement is a reasonable expectation (that I'd be glad to have exceeded).

Let's hope for Swiitch music!

Sounds like a plan...

and that one game...

will be Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Delight from Retro (I have no idea what they're doing)

A third episode would be godly

I never hyped anything. Nothing against you either, just didn't really appreciate you making stuff up about what I said. I've Given you guys nothing but facts, from specs to games that are coming... in turn I got someone making stuff up about what I said. So thanks for that.

I appreciate all your leaks/tidbits and I'm sorry that people tend to twist pretty much any leaks/leakers due to their own expectations. Also don't think I didn't notice your Killing Floor 2 hint!

(The hint was there will likely be a game announced for Switch which "may or may not" be KF2)

Did I miss something overnight? It's confirmed at 25 mins now?

Not confirmed but that's what the Nico Nico stream is timed at. They're not usually on the nose but usually within 1-2 minutes from what people said last night.

Was there a further indication that only 2017 games will be shown? I would expect at least one 2018 teaser...

I actually thought there was more suggestion that we WILL see 2018 games. Something on Nintendo's Facebook page suggested mostly 2017 games or something like that. Also it once again only referred to Switch games.

Buggy Loop

I get it now. Nintendo did not want to give too much work to GameXplain. 25 mins translates to 10 hours of analysis for those poor guys, imagine the cruelty if they had done 1 hour, the tragedy!

maxcriden

Not confirmed but that's what the Nico Nico stream is timed at. They're not usually on the nose but usually within 1-2 minutes from what people said last night.

I actually thought there was more suggestion that we WILL see 2018 games. Something on Nintendo's Facebook page suggested mostly 2017 games or something like that. Also it once again only referred to Switch games.

Thanks for the info. So, 25 minutes sounds likelier, then, and perhaps even 1-2 minutes less. I will temper my expectations significantly, haha, though I still maintain PR and Treehouse are likely to include smaller additional announcements. Plus, if the April Direct is any indication, Nintendo is fully capable of disseminating a lot of information at once if they wish. Good to know the FB info, also. I would be very surprised if we didn't see at least one 2018 game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
One thing that should be noticed on Best Buy website is that the row dedicated to Sony has no temporary box-art for E3 announcements...but I sincerly doubt that PS4 won't get at least one announcement at Sony's own conference / other events. So, I'd take those temporary box-arts as a minimum, not a fixed number. Still, do not expect something like 30 new announcements because 3 is the minimum

Also I don't understand why there are only two temporary box-arts for Xbox One, the rows contain five games except for One, why

Waji

It's still funny to see them say "you won't find Kirby anywhere else (than on the Switch), when it's actually exactly where you don't find it.

I'm into RPG's. First you talk down to people. Then you tell people what they are. And now you tell me what I'm not into. I mean, what's the obsession of ear marking people? I haven't come across you before but you're a special guy.
Forget about Skypunch, he manages to annoy even people who like the same games.

Clov

All I really want to see this E3 is Smash Bros. I was so disappointed when it wasn't at the Switch conference in January.

Waji

MarioXRabbids and what else.
Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey : P.

All I really want to see this E3 is Smash Bros. I was so disappointed when it wasn't at the Switch conference in January.
I only see it as a 2018 tease, at best.

Why do we always need to have rock bottom expectations when it comes to Nintendo?

I expect nothing and I'll still be disappointed.
To be honest what you say applies to the others too anyway.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I feel like both Smash and Animal Crossing are gonna be saved for a later date.

So I guess outside of indies I'm most hyped to see Mario and Xeno, but I still don't think Xeno is gonna make it this year in the West.

I'm probably most hyped for Splat 2, but we've seen that multiple times already.

seph1roth

Lol at the people expecting a Metroid game...

Metroid is dead, Federarion Force and Other M were a disaster in sales terms, but the main problem started with Fusion and Zero Mission, because the sales of the franchise went downhill and without brakes.

Expecting a Metroid AAA game is an act of faith, it's even more dead than MegaMan.

EDarkness

I appreciate all your leaks/tidbits and I'm sorry that people tend to twist pretty much any leaks/leakers due to their own expectations. Also don't think I didn't notice your Killing Floor 2 hint!

(The hint was there will likely be a game announced for Switch which "may or may not" be KF2)

Checked out a video of the game and it could be fun as long as it had gyro aiming. Something I would consider playing in that case. Hope it comes out.

Yea I talked about it once or twice, I guess you missed it. Not gonna say too much but I had heard a lot more about the PS4/bone version than the Switch version. I've never played LA Noir before, but what I heard about the remaster sounded pretty cool... with regards to the "next gen" versions anyway. We will see.

Ah. I must have missed that. I'm not sure I want to double dip, but gyro aiming would push me over the edge on that.

Well, we know that isn't one of the games. Probably best not to get our hopes up, but I still hope the games shown there are good games.

Lol at the people expecting a Metroid game...

Metroid is dead, Federarion Force and Other M were a disaster in sales terms, but the main problem started with Fusion and Zero Mission, because the sales of the franchise went downhill and without brakes.

Expecting a Metroid AAA game is an act of faith, it's even more dead than MegaMan.

I don't know if anyone is expecting a AAA Metroid game specifically, but I think there's a good chance we'll hear about a smaller scope Metroid game by a third party developer.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Since I haven't seen anyone talk about these

https://multimedia.bbycastatic.ca/multimedia/products/1500x1500/104/10440/10440791.jpg
https://multimedia.bbycastatic.ca/multimedia/products/1500x1500/104/10440/10440792.jpg

If you go to the Best Buy site and open the Splatoon 2 cover art in a new tab, and change the last two digits of the url, you can find these.

Pikmin world would be dope
Smash not that much

BTW seeing the new Dragon Ball fighting announced for everything but switch is sooooo bad for Switch third party support
I mean it is no destiny..it is a Japanese Bandai anime licensed 2.5d fighting game...
And switch will get the old port of the previous episode months later at full price

Situation is terribad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom