• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Has GoNintendo ever been a trustworthy site for insider info? I only go there as a catch all for Nintendo news. I don't know their credibility at all.

They don't post a lot of rumors that they themselves hear. However Rawmeatcowboy does post corrections like this if they hear something different. He doesn't intentionally put out false information.

Vena

What in the blue hell happened in here.

Meanwhile, add another game to the list that's not only looking good but likely also not even part of the showcase.

so its basically 1hour and 25 minutes divided up in two segments? 25 prerecorded highlight reel and 1 hour of treehouse reveals and the regular treehouse...? thats awesome.

I love how newsworthy it is whenever details of Xenoblade 2's 2017 release date come out.

Nintendo: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 coming to Switch in 2017!
Fans: Yeah right, good once.
Source: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 coming to Switch in 2017!
Fans: Omg! No way!
Nintendo, probably: ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Vena

I love how newsworthy it is whenever details of Xenoblade 2's 2017 release date come out.

Nintendo: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 coming to Switch in 2017!
Fans: Yeah right, good once.
Source: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 coming to Switch in 2017!
Fans: Omg! No way!
Nintendo, probably: ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You guys should just pay attention to the VA work and movements therein that can sometimes pop up on Facebook (though we had threads but people generally overlook them). This game is very, very near release because they've been in the music/voice work stages for months now.

J@hranimo

Banned
You guys should just pay attention to the VA work and movements therein that can sometimes pop up on Facebook (though we had threads but people generally overlook them). This game is very, very near release because they've been in the music/voice work stages for months now.

Ding ding ding, pretty much this. They also have a different localization company working on it compared to Xenoblade Chronicles X.

J@hranimo

Banned
Wow. Dec 2017 would be a fast game. Just over 2 1/2 years.

I guess they said X was getting the tech ready but still.

Yeah, pretty much. Firing on all cylinders. Maybe the more anime style art style enables them to create easier?

What was the dev cycle of the first Xenoblade?

MoonFrog

Yeah, pretty much. Firing on all cylinders. Maybe the more anime style art style enables them to create easier?

What was the dev cycle of the first Xenoblade?
According to Wikipedia, 2006-2010. Xenoblade 2 could've been in preproduction before X came out though, right?

J@hranimo

Banned
According to Wikipedia, 2006-2010. Xenoblade 2 could've been in preproduction before X came out though, right?

I'm not so sure, but I do remember not too long after X came out in Japan that they wanted the next game to be more like the first, so it's possible they were planning before the game went gold.

jwillenn

I went from "not interested" to "very interested" in Skyrim due to the motion controls. I just saw the trailer. I wonder how deep they went with this.

Man Karma really does dole out justice huh?

I'm one of those guys who prefers Xenoblade X to its predecessor so I'm not really happy with how a lot of people reacted to the game. Hopefully we get our sequel that lets us traverse all the planets in the universe for Kirsty's sake.
Frontier Nav all day erry day baby!

My uncle who works at Nintendo told me they are discontinuing all 3DS consoles and only making Switch games from now on.

bloody hell when am I gonna get a 3DS now then?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I really hope we see the Zelda DLC. In a strange way I'm more excited about that than anything else, it feels like BotW just scratched the surface of what's possible in an open-world Zelda.

watershed

Banned
On one hand, I'm glad the 3ds will "get a lot of love" but on the other, I don't think I can go back to that low res screen after the Switch. I know I'm not saying anything new with this, but I honestly wish every 3ds game going forward would also release on the Switch. I'd be happy with the most bare bones hd up-ports.

Not

Banned
2 mins: Reggie talking about the "Summer of Gaming" with Splatoon 2, Arms, and Pokken
3 mins: 3DS sizzle reel
2 mins: trailer of Mario x Rabbids
4 mins: developer interview with Michel Ancel about his collaboration with Miyamoto to make this possible
4 mins: Xenoblade X
8 mins: Mario Odyssey blowout!
1 min: update from Niantic and Pokemon Go's 1 year anniversary plans.
1 min: ANIMAL CROSSING mobile
5 mins: Nindies sizzle reel, showing about 10 games with roughly 30 seconds of footage each
0 mins: Thank you, and please enjoy seeing these games in action during our Treehouse presentation!

Any new Metroid game is going to be announced randomly 2 months before it's released. E3 is dead. Calling it here.

Not

Banned
I really hope we see the Zelda DLC. In a strange way I'm more excited about that than anything else, it feels like BotW just scratched the surface of what's possible in an open-world Zelda.

Same. I made sure to finish up everything major I wanted to do in the game before E3

Any new Metroid game is going to be announced randomly 2 months before it's released. E3 is dead. Calling it here.

If there's actually a Metroid game in active development and it's far enough along to show to the public, they'll unveil it this week. The previous four console games (+ Federation Force) have been announced at E3.

Normally this is the exact shit I'd expect from Nintendo, but I imagine their E3 audience probably has quite a bit of overlap with the potential Metroid audience.

In other words, this is the exact shit I expect from Nintendo.

DMONKUMA

If there's actually a Metroid game in active development and it's far enough along to show to the public, they'll unveil it this week. The previous four console games (+ Federation Force) have been announced at E3.

Even Zero Mission, Fusion, and Hunters were announced at E3.

Even Zero Mission, Fusion, and Hunters were announced at E3.

Even more reason to believe that if Metroid is happening, it'll be shown at E3 (whether this year or another in the future).

Also, thank you for clarification on those other titles. I wasn't 100% sure when they were announced.

Even more reason to believe that if Metroid is happening, it'll be shown at E3 (whether this year or another in the future).

Also, thank you for clarification on those other titles. I wasn't 100% sure when they were announced.

There's got to be something Metroid this year - there's just got to be.

If they bring it back with a serious investment into it like Zelda and Mario, it could be really great.

I don't understand why Nintendo isn't going all out. Why always the holding back? This is the first year of the Switch, a console that has to make sure Nintendo still is around in 10 years after the wiiu disaster.

Why show 25 minutes of games at E3? Why not an hour? 2 hours?! Why is your NOA PR man Reggie talking about it in a way that makes the whole thing sound boring and unexciting? My hype is already historically low for Nintendos E3, but Nintendo plays a role in that for sure.

takriel

I don't understand why Nintendo isn't going all out. Why always the holding back? This is the first year of the Switch, a console that has to make sure Nintendo still is around in 10 years after the wiiu disaster.

Why show 25 minutes of games at E3? Why not an hour? 2 hours?! Why is your NOA PR man Reggie talking about it in a way that makes the whole thing sound boring and unexciting? My hype is already historically low for Nintendos E3, but Nintendo plays a role in that for sure.

The Switch is still selling like hotcakes. They will show a cool new Mario game. They will be alright.

Relax! Switch is doing extremely well and it will only get better from here. :p

watershed

Banned

Breath deep and relax. The Switch is already selling out and Nintendo is trying to increase production to meet demand. It already has a great 1st party line up for year 1. They are having a 25 minute presentation followed by 3 days of livestreaming and multiple live tournaments meant to sell 3 key 2017 games. The Switch's 1st year starts with Zelda and ends with Mario. In what way are they not "going all out"?

Metal B

Nintendo's show isn't 25 minutes, it's just the Spotlight. They completely changed the format from a conference to multiple hours long Treehouse Show and big tournaments, which involved normal people and pro-players. This isn't even new, but people are still down on it at the start of each E3 and then positive surprised of the deep, reveals and fun of those bits.

Can we finally break out this wired cycle, please?

MoonFrog

Going "all out" would mostly be for people like us. I wish they'd do it but...focusing message on their core products and products close to market to try and get to the more casual consumer is going to be more important.

They've already got the games this year to bring much of their core in.

We're going to get a couple surprises including Rabbids. Maybe we'll like them. Maybe we won't.

vareon

Nintendo has multiple directs throughout the year, and it seems like they treat E3 as a chance to get a lot of people to try their games instead of one big conference where they show everything. At least that's what I get from Reggie's words, for better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom