• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo starts Crowd Farter service for Game & Wario

glaurung

..... It's supposed to be! It's satire done in the style of Wario. If it wasn't cringeworthy it'd be terrible!
Oh well, maybe I never got the Wario appeal.

I remember him from the Game Boy era, when he was just a likeable anti-hero/villain. Here he just sounds and looks like a douchebag.

Bricky

The last place I would have expected a good satire about Kickstarter to come from is Nintendo, and the fact that it is actually funny suprises me even more!

Roto13

I never quite understood how Wario went from villain to game developer, but I guess I'll roll with it.

He likes money so he makes tiny cheap games so people will buy them and give him money without him having to do much work.

It's funny 'cause it started before people started buying iPhone games.

Very nice, and in keeping with Wario's previous marketing and ingame character.

I am half-anticipating an attempted backlash about the campaign though, but such is life...

It's funny because that's what I tell myself every time I read about someone with crowd funding. "Why should I pay for it all when others will do it for me!? Pay me so I can make my dreams come true and become rich!"

Yeah, the interview part was lame, but I like the idea.

Kimawolf

lol "Why pay for it myself when other suckers can do it for me" lol. that's great and probably what all those wealthy developers believe hahaha.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Genius marketing. Probably from the same people that brought us non-specific action figure.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
What the heck? I was planning on getting this game, but now I'm really going to get it.

gogogow

This is......amazing!

I wish Nintendo would make WarioWare, Inc. Mega Microgames 2. Or at least put the GBA version in the eShop.

zroid

Banned
HEY, PAY ATTENTION! CROWDFARTER LAUNCHES TO HELP BRING WARIO'S DREAM GAME TO REALITY!

Fans Can "Donate" to Crowdfarter.com to Support Wario's Upcoming Wii U Masterpiece Game & Wario and Earn Amazing Rewards

DIAMOND CITY, May 20, 2013 – We here at WarioWare, Inc., are working with our fearless leader, Wario, to create his new Wii U game, Game & Wario – a game that can only be described as incredible, amazing, stupendous … and a bunch of other adjectives! To help Wario achieve his dream of funding this awesome game by his target launch date of June 23, he has created his own special crowdsourcing site called Crowdfarter.com. Here, visitors "donate coins" to the game by "liking" the site and daily updates from Wario via Facebook or by tweeting them to the masses on Twitter. Wario is so excited about bringing his genius vision to reality that he can hardly contain himself.

"Game & Wario is an entertaining collection of uproarious games that uses the Wii U GamePad controller in unique and hilarious ways," said Wario, CEO of WarioWare, Inc., and all-around amazing guy. "WAHAHAHAHA! THAT WAS MY IMPRESSION OF A SUPER-SERIOUS GUY IN A SUIT! GAME & WARIO IS THE BEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF TIME! IT'S THE YEAR OF WARIO! WAHAHAHAHA!"

Fans can visit Crowdfarter.com and show their support today. In addition to the immense satisfaction one will get from supporting an incredible game that will make all Wii U users of the world howl with laughter and weep with delight, participating in the Crowdfarter.com campaign offers visitors a whole lot of great rewards. As fans continue to show support, stretch goals will be unlocked, offering fun rewards such as an exclusive video, wallpaper and even a ringtone with Wario's melodious voice.

In addition, Wario himself is going to take time out of his busy schedule to visit Crowdfarter.com and post daily executive updates. These updates will range from not-so-helpful tips from Wario to exclusive assets from Game & Wario. Wario's executive updates are guaranteed to make everyone's day a gas. Be a part of gaming history! Check out Crowdfarter.com today!

For more information about Game & Wario, visit http://www.gameandwario.com. For more information about Crowdfarter, visit http://www.crowdfarter.com and make it rain!

About WarioWare, Inc.: Founded by genius entrepreneur Wario, WarioWare, Inc., is a game-design company that pretty much makes the best games ever. Since its launch in 2003, WarioWare, Inc., has produced such classics as WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! and WarioWare: Twisted! for the Game Boy Advance hand-held system, WarioWare: Smooth Moves for Wii and the upcoming Game & Wario game for Wii U. WarioWare, Inc., is based in Diamond City and employs a celebrated team of diverse employees, including a cat, a cyborg and an alien. Like we said: diverse. For more information about WarioWare, Inc., please refer to the word "awesome" in the dictionary.

# # #

Note to editors: SAY NICE THINGS ABOUT MY GAME OR YOU WILL BE SORRY! WAHAHAHAHA!

Top Bottom