• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Store selling Switch Replacement Parts! (Dock and Kickstand!)

//ARCANUM

store.nintendo.com is selling Switch replacement parts now!

Thank god they're selling a replacement kickstand, because I have a strong feeling many of these are gonna break based on how flimsy they are. And it's only $3.99! I might just grab a backup to be safe: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...lse&productId=prod880052&categoryId=cat831380

ALSO, you can get a Dock for $59.99 - no cable included, but this might be your cheapest bet for grabbing a dock compared to the $90 price tag Nintendo previously mentioned: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...lse&productId=prod840594&categoryId=cat831380

Switch me off if old.

UPDATE -

They're also selling the standard grip at $19.99. However the pics look strange, because they are showing a smokey grey somewhat transparent grip, which is exactly what the charging grip looks like, whereas the standard grip is solid black. Not sure what you'll actually get here: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...lse&productId=prod840605&categoryId=cat831380

switch-joy-con-grip-empty-front-480x320.png
switch-joy-con-grip-empty-back-480x320.png

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I wonder how long until they'll sell a Switch without the dock. Definitely more interested in that at the moment.

soultron

Banned
You can buy the AC adapter separately as well, correct? If the combo of that and the standalone dock is less than the $90 package, that's nice.

//ARCANUM

You can buy the AC adapter separately as well, correct? If the combo of that and the standalone dock is less than the $90 package, that's nice.

Correct. Nintendo originally said they'd sell the dock + HDMI + power adapter for $89.99, but as of today, this bundle has not shown up anywhere. This is actually the first place an additional dock has appeared.

Nzyme32

Keep in mind - though the kickstand seems flimsy, it actually appears to be designed to be broken off, and magnetically locks back in. It seems like it would be hard to break, but easy to lose if disconnected

I thought the dock was going to be $90 bucks lol, wish it was cheaper, but $60 is ok in order to be able to use it on a second TV, hopefully a cheap USB C charger will do.

Drain You

I hope someone orders a second dock just to take it apart and make some sort of cable to use instead of slipping the Switch into stand. Just out of pure curiosity.

Is there anywhere to buy a kickstand in the UK? I lost mine on the train today :( Not sure what happened to it but I took my Switch out of my bag and it was gone.

GeNoMe

Is there anywhere to buy a kickstand in the UK? I lost mine on the train today :( Not sure what happened to it but I took my Switch out of my bag and it was gone.

I second this, would love to get myself a replacement kickstand. But it seems Nintendo is excluding their EU/UK customers from getting these. Has anyone from these regions contacted Nintendo about obtaining these? I might give them a call on Monday.

I second this, would love to get myself a replacement kickstand. But it seems Nintendo is excluding their EU/UK customers from getting these. Has anyone from these regions contacted Nintendo about obtaining these? I might give them a call on Monday.

I've just kind of been living without one, it felt weird to hold at first but now I'm pretty used to it. I still miss my kickstand though and I check ebay every couple of days (there's never anything)

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Gonna buy a second dock as soon as they're available in the UK.

I'm also willing to buy an unwanted dock if there's anyone who's gonna be portably only.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
A regular USB cable might not power the switch in TV mode. I tried two and they didn't work,
Check your ac adaptors beforehand.

I've just kind of been living without one, it felt weird to hold at first but now I'm pretty used to it. I still miss my kickstand though and I check ebay every couple of days (there's never anything)

I lost my kickstand and my ordering this as there's still no way to order a official one from Nintendo UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073WD4R77/

Hope it helps!

I'll post a review of the quality if anyone is interested?

I thought the dock was going to be $90 bucks lol, wish it was cheaper, but $60 is ok in order to be able to use it on a second TV, hopefully a cheap USB C charger will do.
A cheap USB C charger will not do, at least while it is docked. It needs to be a nice properly rated adapter with both 5v and 15v modes.

AzaK

Docks shoudl be 20 to 30 euros tops, considering how bad the build quality is for a piece of plastic. Make it 60 euros with HDMI and the thing to recharge it.

I agree, they're the sort of build quality that should be found for $5 on AliExpress. I was quite surprised Nintendo would make something so shitty feeling.

Correct. Nintendo originally said they'd sell the dock + HDMI + power adapter for $89.99, but as of today, this bundle has not shown up anywhere. This is actually the first place an additional dock has appeared.

Must be different depending on region. In the US standalone docks are available in stores like Target and Walmart. I was surprised because it seemed like more of a specialized item, while a second pair of joy cons is never found on the shelf...

Would much rather wait for that dock that is just a wire. Hate sliding the Switch into that thing every time.

Asking $60 for that piece of plastic seems insane imo

//ARCANUM

Must be different depending on region. In the US standalone docks are available in stores like Target and Walmart. I was surprised because it seemed like more of a specialized item, while a second pair of joy cons is never found on the shelf...

Well, I posted that in March, lol. But yes, now the docks are in stores. But those are actually the dock "package" that includes the dock, power cable, and hdmi cable for $89.99.

Top Bottom