• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch 14.0.0 Update now available - adds folders

ntropy

what year is it GIF

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I’ve seen videos that two games already use the AMD fidelityFX life is strange (docked only) and switch sports Wii sports. This and folders. Glad I waited all this time for them to decide to use them

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This. You have to go through several steps to get to them. Could have been implemented a bit better.

I think Nintendo is trying really really really really hard not to make significant UX and flow changes to Switch OS. They seem to understand people want something, but until they can figure out how to do it with the least amount of changes to the codebase and designs they will wait and wait.

Clearly they are not stupid and they know this is not what people wanted folders to be, but they are throwing people a bone in a separate screen evolving an independent filtering feature that is not affecting the rest of the OS.

It could be a chapter in a “working with legacy codebases” book if Switch OS were not supposed to be new(ish). Then again we are still giving them excuses for a super minimalistic UI / OS feature set as if it were the only way to make a snappy OS with the CPU and RAM available to them (including 720p UI when docked 😞).

spons

Gold Member
Agreed, and add functionality to purchase multiple games please. Good deals all over and you still have to go through the rigmarole of buying every single fucking thing individually.
I also hope they fixed Bluetooth as they claim they did. The latency was acceptable on my Sony headphones but it sounded like someone was whispering in my ears in terms of volume.
They indeed fixed the audio problem.

Top Bottom