• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch 2 details, release date (January 2021), and new information on Zelda Breath of the Darkness

D.Final

Banned
New leaks/rumors on Nintendo's next exclusively home console.

jNdAU8c.jpg

wkieqH5.jpg

3spOgdD.jpg

From what we read, it seems that the concept of this new console, Nintendo Switch 2, is to approach the other 2 Nintendo Switch, and therefore not represent a new generation.
(excellent confirmation of the compatibility of Nintendo Switch games on Switch 2)
+ New details on the new Zelda Breath of the Darkness, and about the technical details on the new Nintendo Switch 2.
(a big upgrade over the standard Nintendo Switch)
+ launch window and the price of the new console.

Source: Reddit and 4chan

Very interesting information.
Especially regarding the technical features of the new console, and the little new details on Zelda Breath of the Darkness :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Whitesnake

Banned
Fake, calling it now.

Also “Breath of Darkness” has always been a stupid name and I will be immensely disappointed if that’s what it ends up being.

Pallas

solid leak? not really...tons of fake there too

There is a ton of fake info everywhere, just glance at the PS5/Nextbox speculation thread. While I’m not completely believing this leak, 4chan’s /v/ board has been good on some leaks in the past.

Tegra with those specs?
This is fake.
The second is saw 60 fps at 4k it was insta-fake to me.

Nintendo, the company that had seen diminishing returns in the console biz (outside of the Wii, obviously) sees a massive success in moving away from that as a primary focus...only to return right to it a few years later? Right.

I could mayyyyyyyyyybe see Nintendo doing a home only version of the switch, but I think it would be more akin to Vita TV (budget home thing) and not some beefed console.

Saber

Gold Member
Sounds weird and fake, but why should I care? Rumors are cool because bring weird things to the table.

And this one I like to believe its true. And if its not, at least it was good for a laugh:lollipop_squint_tongue:

Last edited:

Raploz

This is soooo fake i'm cringing right now. Breath of the Darkness?? Tegra Xavier running BotW at 4k 60?? Home console in 2021 with 64GB of storage? Where would they even get 64GB SSDs?? Come on, even my grandma could make a much better fake leak than that.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I doooooon't fucking believe ya, bro! This is too goddamn good to be true and release in January 2021.... yeah, right.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

This is soooo fake i'm cringing right now. Breath of the Darkness?? Tegra Xavier running BotW at 4k 60?? Home console in 2021 with 64GB of storage? Where would they even get 64GB SSDs?? Come on, even my grandma could make a much better fake leak than that.

right? it might be bit 'believeble' if he throw the device codename...think back about that..in this meeting no way they didnt mention the codename

TLZ

Banned
Add to that 2 HDMIs. And the naming, Switch 2 my ass. (No don't switch to my ass). Extremely confusing as people would think it's the next Switch. Although I still wouldn't put it past Nintendo. But c'mon, not to this extent. The specs are all stupid.

Also, wasn't breath of the dark coming 2020?

PocoJoe

Banned
Fake/real aside, a switch as powerful as the pro would definitely have me interested.

Switch is like 10% of pro in docked mode so this wont happen, they just use cheapest shit they can sell to people and adding ~10x the perf would mean custom SoC and they just rather use some shitty old tegras to maximise profits.

Fastest tegra is around 1/4 of pro at the moment I think.

But yeah, much faster system would be nice. Typical Nintendo problem is that their shitty hardware limits games too much

Knightime_X

I still believe Nintendo will go back to power consoles now that Mr. Iwata is no longer in control hardware wise.
I believe! (but not exactly this information)

Top Bottom