• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch 2 details, release date (January 2021), and new information on Zelda Breath of the Darkness

93xfan

Banned
People can say what they want with shit jokes we've hear 50 times already but 4chan has had very solid leaks over the years.
Certain things really don’t make sense, such as them already settling on a price.

And a 64GB SSD? Come on.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Tegra Xavier is barely a upgrade over what Switch has today lol

In a dedicated home console with better cooling they could run it at a much higher clock than Switch Docked Mode: if take the inherent improvements and the clock speed updates you could push BotW at 4K/60 FPS with dynamic resolution. That would be their tech demos: existing Switch games with higher resolution and frame rate.

mcjmetroid

So many things wrong with this but the dead giveaway more than anything is the price.

Nintendo themselves would never know the price so far in advance.

This really comes off as a 10 year old predicting the system.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Certain things really don’t make sense, such as them already settling on a price.

And a 64GB SSD? Come on.

Well, double size of the current Switch then ;)?

Sadly, this looks like something Nintendo would do. Got a great hybrid console with two HW profiles and now add other two to deliver minor optimisations over complaints users had on the base model... I do not expect them to invest a lot of money in these Switch side projects... confusing outlook on the real generation after Switch though.

Switch feels like Iwata unifying Nintendo’s approaches, Switch Lite and Switch Heavy feel like classic Nintendo trying to squeeze additional double purchases in from the core fanbase no matter what it does to confuse the Switch line (instead of just a single machine being both a portable and home console, we have three:’portable, home console, and one that is both).

The one thing that could save things? Allowing a regular Switch and Switch Lite to connect to it and play games in Wii U style (dual screen, asynchronous gameplay, map on Switch and full game on Switch Heavy, etc...).

The only thing I'd buy as possibly true is a 2021 release date.

There's no way Nintendo are going to just sit idly by for half a generation just because the current Gen Switch hasn't had that long on shelves.

TLZ

Banned
We got the PS4 pro 4.2tf for $400 in 2016. Surely similar tf 5 years later in 2021 should be nothing. In fact, if they sell 4tf home console for $400 in 2021 they're ripping people off in broad daylight. For $400 they probably could get 8-9tf easy.

-Arcadia-

Banned
“Zelda: Breath of the Darkness”

sE0ZGTo.gif

This is going to be faker than that redone MGSV everyone was passing around as fact, because 4Chan. I think there was another gigantic E3 fail in the same nature.

4Chan is just an anonymous message board. Nothing there carries prestige, automatically. This stuff in particular, just sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Darkroronoa

New console with specs a generation behind (since Next gen consoles would have come out)? Well i might actually believe it, not at 400$ though.
Honestly i dont think nintendo will ever make a new exclusively home console for tv only, this will bomb hard.

Switch sells because its handheld, nintndo exclusives are not strong enough to move home consoles for more than 30m units imo, and that only if they are exclusives to the console. Why buy a tv "switch pro" to play the same games? Maybe nintendo would want to slowly move back to home console market?
I think its just another "my uncle works at nintendo" kind of thing. But i have no doubt that they will make a more powerful switch on the next 2 years, i think its the smart and safe move.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I kinda feel bad for the OP now, but now I read on Discord that Nintendo has found a psychic that has summoned Yamauchi to sit as President of the Board of Directors and this was all his ife
Nintendo will never sell stand alone home consoles.

You and OP must have the same sources: your neighbor’s dog’s friend’s half-brother’s guy he knows on the internet.

D.Final

Banned
OP you forgot to mention it has a special slot for blowjobs

I would like to point out that I only posted the news found on Reddit.
(and I think that much of it could even be true)

And, in any case, it's not the first rumor about the Nintendo Switch 2 and Zelda Breath of the Darkness.
(in fact in the past there have been numerous rumors regarding a new enhanced Switch console, currently being developed by Nintendo)

So I am surprised that we are surprised by such leaks.

Virex

Banned
My uncle works at nintendo and he says the switch 2 is called Switcheroo and is coming out in 2020.
Liar! MY uncle also works at Nintendo and he said it's going to be called the Nintendo sWiTcH Tooie. It will run games 12K 120 FPS. And will be backwards compatible with NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U and Switch 1. It will support HDR24 from the future and currently Nintendo is in talks to buy Xbox and Phil Spencer will be in charge of anything and everything Pokemon. The sWiTcH Tooie prototype is so powerful that women can't be in the room when it's shown off because it's amazing power literally blasts their tits off and Nintendo can't afford another lawsuit because of it.

It will also come with a full remake of Ocarina Of Time but renamed it Ocarina Outta Time. My Uncle's friend is very high up in Nintendo and he also said he can confirm this and will give me more information at a future date.

ookami

I always love those former employees who are always present at those marketing/shareholder meetings.

Zannegan

$400 for a 4K, home-only Switch? If any of this is remotely true, they had best pray that both Sony and MS shoot for the moon on specs and have to sell for $600+ and even then... Maybe they're hoping people will just see 4K and 4K and give them equal value?

I can't decide if a 4K Nintendo console is more of a fanboy wetdream (something Nintendo pretty much never does with its hardware) or just an unjustified weird choice (something Nintendo almost always does with its hardware). As such, this rumor hits me like one of those a cat + buttered toast problems. No idea which way up it will land.

Right now, I can't believe they would be dumb enough to stifle their current momentum to chase the tiny audience that would be interested in this, or at least I don't want to.

And, in any case, it's not the first rumor about the Nintendo Switch 2 and Zelda Breath of the Darkness.
(in fact in the past there have been numerous rumors regarding a new enhanced Switch console, currently being developed by Nintendo)

So I am surprised that we are surprised by such leaks.
I don't think people are surprised, just continuously skeptical. As I recall, the last thread on the subject was met with the same doubt, though I think the doubt comes from a place of hope rather than reason.

For me, unless they show some kind docking functionality (i.e. Switching, lol) then it'll feel like the Wii U all over again--expensive, directionless, badly-named dud released as the followup to fresh, successful, brand-resurrecting hardware. If anything, it's all-too believable.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I had sex with Zelda last week and she told me that Switch is never getting upgraded.

She actually told me that 'it will limp on forever like your small flacid penis' and that the only 'Breath of Darkness' that she knows about are 'the putrid smells that leak out of your asshole when you're cumming'.

One of the gimps in my basement has obviously overheard our conversation but misunderstood the details.

ethomaz

Banned
In a dedicated home console with better cooling they could run it at a much higher clock than Switch Docked Mode: if take the inherent improvements and the clock speed updates you could push BotW at 4K/60 FPS with dynamic resolution. That would be their tech demos: existing Switch games with higher resolution and frame rate.
That is impossible.

You will need around 4x the GPU power to run Zelda in 4k 30fps... that means Tegra Xavier needs to have 4x the actual clock or 2x the actual number of units plus 2c actual clock.

That won't happen even if nVidia create a 7nm Tegra lol

Last edited:

Burger

4K? Uhh nobody outside of post production and PC users are using 4K displays (4096x2160). Also not portable? What a load of bollocks.

Shifty

This is just some 4channer's wet dream about a prospective Switch Pro.

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
We got the PS4 pro 4.2tf for $400 in 2016. Surely similar tf 5 years later in 2021 should be nothing. In fact, if they sell 4tf home console for $400 in 2021 they're ripping people off in broad daylight. For $400 they probably could get 8-9tf easy.
Tf are cheaper on higher TDPs and stationary machines, apples to oranges.

Last edited:

Moses85

I kinda feel bad for the OP now, but now I read on Discord that Nintendo has found a psychic that has summoned Yamauchi to sit as President of the Board of Directors and this was all his ife

You and OP must have the same sources: your neighbor’s dog’s friend’s half-brother’s guy he knows on the internet.

You are dam right! How did you know?!

So it's a pc Nintendo box that runs Zelda like Cemu and that does not Switch? Why would people care? Who will get that when emulation will always be better and is already a thing for the 3DS/WiiU/Switch familly?

Ohhhh can we get with it a new gimmick controler that won't be use again, plizzzz? 🤣😂
you're the king Nintendo, the master of non used but mandatary tech. 🤣😂

Ya Nintendo releasing another home console only is a bad idea. Gamecube Wii u n64 come to mind. They are beat when they try diffrent stuff wii or stick to handhelds. Switch. Especially if its called switch 2. I see Wii u level sales on this

You can immediately tell this is an American fanboy dream. 4kay 60fpses CONFIRMED. Zelda DARKY DARK GRITTY DAAAAAARK oooh my goooood wooow so MATURE and GRITTY OOOOOEH. Lmfao srsly. This will NEVER be Nintendo, just buy an Xbox or whatever.

Zannegan

So it's a pc Nintendo box that runs Zelda like Cemu and that does not Switch? Why would people care? Who will get that when emulation will always be better and is already a thing for the 3DS/WiiU/Switch familly?
I mean, I think it's a stupid idea (especially at that price point), but you can't pretend there's much crossover between the people who are downloading their games on PC and paying customers. They exist of course, and there's an even smaller group that emulates legally (ripping their own games and making their own roms), but not enough that the crossover would cut into this thing's potential consumer base.

If this becomes a thing, then Nintendo clearly believes there's an underserved group out there that wants to play their games legally at a higher fidelity bad enough to drop $400 on a miniconsole... though where they got that idea I couldn't tell you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
January launch makes sense - always a good idea to just ignore all that Christmas buying nonsense... :pie_eyeroll:

Top Bottom