• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch accessories (Hori/Officially licensed by Nintendo)

Vuze

Because it's a portable console that you carry with you on the go. You ain't plugging your ethernet in on the bus or train.

You would if you wanted to play it like a home console ie use ethernet.
What's so hard to grasp about the idea that the LAN port could be in the dock? Of course it wouldn't make much sense for the device itself to have it...

Net

My guess would be Tekken and MVC:I

What engine does Injustice use? Also UE4? Then that's a possibility as well.

KAL2006

Banned
Pokken
Tekken 7
Injustice 2
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite

2 of the above getting announced for Switch wouldn't surprise me

All these use Unreal 4 which is a supported engine by Switch. Let's not forget we have had Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter X Tekken, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, BlazBlue on Vita. And Street Fighter IV, Tekken and Dead or Alive on 3DS. Fighting games are easy to port.

ghibli99

Ooh, I've been asleep at the wheel or something, but the potential for dock skins is great! Console skins you can actually see. LOL

Net

Pokken
Tekken 7
Injustice 2
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite

2 of the above getting announced for Switch wouldn't surprise me
No one plays Pokken with arcade sticks. It's definitely coming to Switch but that's not what the stick is for.

No Mario tho :(

I was looking forward to that more than Zelda. Typical Nintendo fan - disappointed at everything.

Kidding! Still Day 1. Absolutely pumped.

What's so hard to grasp about the idea that the LAN port could be in the dock? Of course it wouldn't make much sense for the device itself to have it...
Nobody is talking about the device.

We're talking about the dock. Why would they put an Ethernet port in the dock when the whole point of the Switch is to pull out the Switch from the dock and continue playing your game on the go? If you're connect to the internet through an Ethernet port then it would kick you off your game as soon as you pick the Switch out of the dock.

Also, Nintendo could be looking at if someone hits the dock while your Switch is in it and it messes up your game.

Calm Mind

The Ethernet adapter will probably be full-size USB and plug into the dock, just like on the Wii and Wii U. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Wii adapter worked with it.

Why would you use it though when the Switch has USB 3.0 which supports a gigabit connection.

Platy

It's for street fighter V guys...

Sony : "Hey why are you guys porting this ... I got console exclusivity !"
Capcom :
1) "But you got home console exclusivity, this is the handheld version"
2) "The contract said that we could not do an xbone and wiiu version"
3) "You didn't read the small line .. it was just a really long timed exclusivity"

We're talking about the dock. Why would they put an Ethernet port in the dock when the whole point of the Switch is to pull out the Switch from the dock and continue playing your game on the go? If you're connect to the internet through an Ethernet port then it would kick you off your game as soon as you pick the Switch out of the dock.

Also, Nintendo could be looking at if someone hits the dock while your Switch is in it and it messes up your game.

But they are still releasing a Ethernet USB adapter.
I don't think "seamless online" is the reason. It's just for cost reduction.

Switching between wired and wireless connection is in the patent.

Regiruler

No one plays Pokken with arcade sticks. It's definitely coming to Switch but that's not what the stick is for.

The Wii U version needs to get the DLC that came out months ago to the arcade version before they go releasing a Switch version.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So of all the Zelda accessories by Hori, only the ones in English with a US MSRP have the "March 2017" on them.

The ones in French with the Euro price have no date at all.

Delay incoming for Europe only?

v0yce

Arcade stick is cool, but not unprecedented or surprising really.

B00AJGVGRG_57384_ttt2_wiiu_01.jpg

A home gaming system with no Ethernet port would be beyond silly. Not deal breaking of course, but a bad oversight.

How do you figure? What percentage of users do you think are going to use a wired connection instead of WiFi? Look, I wish it had Ethernet too. But in reality that is something that is only desirable by people like us. The majority of people will only ever use Wifi. If anything, that is the trend, not wired connections. Inconvenient and annoying for us? Sure. For most users it won't be missed.

Why would you use it though when the Switch has USB 3.0 which supports a gigabit connection.

Most people don't have gigabit Internet service so it really won't matter. USB 2.0 theoretical max is 480 megabits, so the adapters used on the Wii and Wii U will more than suffice for most people's 50-100 megabit Internet connections.

KAL2006

Banned
Tekken 7 would be a great launch title but Nanmco hasn't even got a release date for Tekken 7. Injustice is confirmed May for other platforms so that wouldn't be the launch game.

Could be something obscure like Guilty Gear or BlazBlue.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Esit: wrong thread, accessories look great btw

I don't think anyone here is really appreciating the fact that Nintendo decided to bring back the GOAT accessory, the 3DS Stand.

paolo11

I know this would not happen but it would be great in my humble opinion if Street Fighter V is released on Switch with cross play PC and PSN

But it ain't gonna happen cuz exclusivity for PS4

Top Bottom