• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch accessories (Hori/Officially licensed by Nintendo)

LordKano

Please remember that Harada said the release date of Tekken 7 was going to be announced in an event in January.

Take that as you will.

Do people even have car lighters anymore?

They have the car lighter ports, but no actual lighter and no ashtrays. They are simply legacy power ports now.

The only piece of electronics in my living room without a wired connection will be the Switch.

Only if you are too cheap to buy the adapter. I think it's likely that the adapters that worked with the Wii and Wii U will probably work for Switch.

Yeah this is disappointing. I believe Wii and Wii U did the same.

It's annoying but I totally understand why they omit the Ethernet jack. The VAST majority of users will only ever use WiFi with their consoles. I'm a little surprised MS and Sony haven't tried omitting it yet.

Harpoon

Yeah, that fight stick is definitely eyebrow-raising. Tekken 7 seems likeliest, but I'd love if it was also an indication at MvCI showing up.

Plum

How do you guys feel about those +/- shaped buttons? looks odd, but I guess they will eventually grow in me, no biggie

They're Nintendo's equivalent of Start and Select they've been using since the Wii. Though I think this is the first time they're shaped like their symbols instead of just being printed onto a default round button.

Jawmuncher

With a arcade stick, we must be getting a announcement in that genre. Since as said, that wouldn't really work well with Pokken or Smash.

Vuze

Dear god, not a fucking LAN adapter again...

Do we already know if the stand has atleast a bunch of USB A ports to plug this shit into?

Akiller

1484086092-1573099-batterijen-hori-playstand-black-nintendo-switch-nsw-029u.jpg

Kid Icarus Switch confirmed! /s

No ethernet again, the pathetic areholes that they are.
The only piece of electronics in my living room without a wired connection will be the Switch.
FFS Nintendo.

How are you getting that from these? I'm sure the dock that comes with Switch will have Ethernet. There's no way Nintendo would release a console in 2017 without one.

TunaLover

They're Nintendo's equivalent of Start and Select they've been using since the Wii. Though I think this is the first time they're shaped like their symbols instead of just being printed onto a default round button.
Yeah look kinda toyish heh, I don't know...

killroy87

Injustice 2 is in May. And with Street Fighter V being locked to PS4 as far as consoles go, the only options for fighting games at launch are...
  • Tekken 7 (Maybe)
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
  • BlazBlue: Central Fiction
  • Mortal Kombat XL

The accessory could launch before the game does. Wouldn't be unheard of. I say Injustice is a good call.

Etzer

It just hit me now, after seeing these accessories, that we're just two months away from a new console launch. Hype is building.

Zelda and Tekken 7 (assuming that's what the arcade stick is for) at launch would be great.

Vita's cards are micro SD card size

Vita's memory cards are micro SD card sized. The actual game cartridges are bigger.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why, but the peripherals made me suddenly kind of want one of these even more. that's weird. I was going to buy it anyway,

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Between Switch, Scorpio and all the big titles likely to come out this year, 2017 might be an enormous year for gaming.

Get your games right Xbox, ffs.

Neoxon

The accessory could launch before the game does. Wouldn't be unheard of. I say Injustice is a good call.
True, & that would also put Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite in the running for use of said stick. I'm just talking about potential Day 1 fighting games.

If it happens to be Tekken 7, I wonder if that's the reason why it's taking so long for the release date to be announced. Simultaneous release on all systems would spoil the Switch release date.

Top Bottom