• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch accessories (Hori/Officially licensed by Nintendo)

WESMAN

Banned
Really all of these are the same thing. But Orzly is a more popular company.

Have you ever had one crack before? I'm paranoid if the protector gets cracked, it might scratch the screen with the damage it took.

And does anybody think these buggers would ship out for release day? Seems like they might ship either that day or well afterwards.....

WadeitOut

Have you ever had one crack before? I'm paranoid if the protector gets cracked, it might scratch the screen with the damage it took.

And does anybody think these buggers would ship out for release day? Seems like they might ship either that day or well afterwards.....

The way they are designed is so that if they crack, it's still all held together similar to a car windshield. So it shouldn't scratch the screen. The glass doesn't directly touch the screen as there is an additional film on both sides.

DPD's Elite Player Backpack supposedly stores the whole system plus extra accessories. Sadly it's not available in the UK, which sucks. I wish an alternative backpack like that releases.

WESMAN

Banned
The way they are designed is so that if they crack, it's still all held together similar to a car windshield. So it shouldn't scratch the screen. The glass doesn't directly touch the screen as there is an additional film on both sides.

Oh really? An additional film???? That's fantastic! I placed one this past summer on a cheap phone, and was really, really pleased how solidly it placed. Didn't seem to need to worry about bubbles or dust nearly as much.

Thanks so much for the information!

Really all of these are the same thing. But Orzly is a more popular company.

Thanks! Hadn't seen either company before.

They seemed pretty similar but the specs on thickness and how little they change the image quality were slightly different in the text, though in practice maybe exaggerated and so probably the same.

No wireless Pro Controller yet? The Hori one looks good but the Switch dock will be way too light for me to want to plug in a controller. The system is guaranteed to fall since I'll have dogs running around the living room.

Aspiring

Speaking of accessories, any known good thumb stick grips for the pro controller and joy cons? I always enjoy the extra grip they provide. Only ones I've found are the ones that come with these joy con condoms:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAO202/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I use grip it was on all my controllers

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003NSLGW2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm hoping the sticks on the joy con are same size as every other controller. If somebody knows please tell.

nullpoynter

I use grip it was on all my controllers

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003NSLGW2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm hoping the sticks on the joy con are same size as every other controller. If somebody knows please tell.

Those are the same grips I use on my Wii U and PS4 controller sticks. I'm thinking they will work on the pro controller, but I'm concerted that the joy con sticks may differ in size. Hopefully someone that can test them out can let us know.

After seeing so many unboxing vids and impressions of various games and accessories, I think the only accessory I'd want that I haven't seen yet is a nice case JUST to house the Pro Controller on its own. Don't need a large case to include the Switch itself, I would much rather have a dedicated case for each so I can take the Pro controller out only when needed. A Pro Controller Case would make my day.

bobawesome

Hori case arriving Friday and Skinomi front and back skin set to arrive soon-ish.

Revolutionary Girl Utena manga set, Nintendo Switch and Zelda, and the DanMachi LE box set...what an expensive week it has been.

iphys

It was supposed to release in March, but none of the people that were able to pre-order it even got it from what I understand.

Salaadin

Just an FYI: On April 2nd, I ordered the HORI Compact Playstand for Nintendo Switch from Amazon but it was out of stock since then. They emailed me today stating that the estimated delivery is now Wednesday 5/3.

Anybody know if the Hori Pro Controller is being sold in the UK? I've looked everywhere and I can only find it out of stock on one website that I've never heard of before.

Took me five stores to find an AC adaptor for the switch (I don't want to take it anywhere without a way to charge it)

Targets still had pro controllers and joy-cons. BB had a couple of single joy cons, Walmart had a couple pack as of joy-cons, GameStop had no accessories.

So at least in the Memphis area, my anecdotal evidence for a best bet to get a pro controller is target.

Anybody know if the Hori Pro Controller is being sold in the UK? I've looked everywhere and I can only find it out of stock on one website that I've never heard of before.

dont think it was ever released or if it even officially announced i think some sites just put it up for preorder just based on leaks or something

Anyone else buy a docking station from Nintendo?

I just bought one but didn't realize it didn't come with an extra AC adapter.
No problem, right? I'll just use another USBC power cord and wall adapter I already have. Nope! Doesn't like that. Tells me I need to use the adapter that came with the system, the one that's currently in use on a different TV.

WTF? Do I actually have to spend $30 for an AC adapter from Nintendo?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I really need to get a joycon charger so I can stop touching the Switch to charge the joycons.

Any opinions on the joycon grip charger versus the more traditional tabletop charger that PowerA makes?

I figure the grip would allow me to use the controllers while charging but the tabletop charging station looks a bit nicer and I can hide the cord.

nintendo-switch-charging-grip-2.jpg

Joy-Con-Charging-Dock_hero.jpg

baconcow

No problem, right? I'll just use another USBC power cord and wall adapter I already have. Nope! Doesn't like that. Tells me I need to use the adapter that came with the system, the one that's currently in use on a different TV.

Might be better to get the Dock Set (USA $90/Canada $120) with the AC adapter and HDMI cable if you are needing the AC adapter. Still brutal price, either way.

jts

...hate me...

It is not a bad price for a 39W USB-C adapter. In fact, it can even charge the newest MacBooks and stuff (which have much more expensive chargers).

I guess locking the dock use to their own charger is a way of ensuring enough power to run the Switch in docked mode which means full speed (unlocked GPU and memory clocks and fans go full tilt) and power the USB ports as well.

Were you trying to use an adapter that is 39W? Or at the very least, 18W? (which is apparently what the console draws from the dock)

Top Bottom