• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Dev Kit Stats Leaked? Cortex A57, 4GB RAM, 32GB Storage, Multi-Touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Is that from the same list that "leaked" yesterday and claimed two different hardware devices?

Edit:
Nevermind, it is not. Apologies.

Bishop89

AR15mex

NWPlayer123 He is a decent person on the Wii u Wii hombrew scene. He usually posts on GBA temp. I dont think he would BS like that.

Vinc

This rumor from emily:
Detachable controllers (motion controls and next-gen vibration technology)

has me super excited. I do want the option for motion controls. If more accurate than Wii on top of that, it would be very cool.

32GB would likely be the internal storage of th flash memory for the tablet. The dock could have separate HDD (which would be larger). The only issue I see then is the transfer/management of games between the two when choosing to play on the go.

Schnozberry

What's a second generation Maxwell? That makes no sense. I look at this with heavy skepticism, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

styl3s

Expandable via what? SD cards? Another bullshit propriety memory card solution?
Nintendo supports SD cards in Wii, Wii-U and their handhelds why wouldn't they support it in Switch? They aren't Sony.

I can't imagine the tablet having that much internal space i could see the shell that you place it in having a 500GB drive but if it's like wii-u where you can add additional space i am fine with having lower space because SD cards and external drives are dirt cheap.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You can get 128gb SD cards for like 30€ nowadays - so i dont think storage will be an issue. Though you might have to transfer between system flash and sd card for transfer speed reason - guess we will have to wait for more information.

The leak is probably bullshit, but we're pretty certain this is true.

Likely expandable via SD.

D= I was hoping I could at least store digital versions of big multiplayer games internally (like Mario Kart, Smash & Splatoon), and still have enough space for VC games. Let's hope the storage really is expandable.

styl3s

On a device this small? That is a hilarious wish.
This is what i don't think people understand.

The actual tablet itself isn't going to have 500gb that's ludicrous. Will the box you put it in have a hard drive connected? probably but even if it didn't you know they will support external drives which are dirt fucking cheap.

aeolist

Banned
400MB/s transfer speed on the internal flash is very good, sounds like ufs2 rather than emmc

32gb is pretty standard for entry-level phones and tablets and they'll almost certainly support sdxc

killroy87

I'll wait for some official specs. Touch capabilities make sense though, for playing media on car rides and everything.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I was ignorant that Maxwell had a second iteration. I was really hoping they'd go for Pascal for the efficiency gains. This is really disappointing if true. Battery life will suffer and it will run hot as blazes.
You've never heard the moniker 'Pascwell'? ; )

Anth0ny

32GB seems small when you consider how large PATCHES are today, let alone full games.

good luck to anyone going digital only. start stocking up on those SD cards.

On a device this small? That is a hilarious wish.

In my defense I don't really have any idea what I'm talking about.

The Wii U seems to store 3-5 full games total, less with updates and what have you. The Switch doesn't seem like it can use a extra hard drive since it's a portable. Nintendo has been pushing digital. Is there anyway it could actually compete with the PS4/XB1 insofar as this?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
32GB seems small when you consider how large PATCHES are today, let alone full games.

good luck to anyone going digital only. start stocking up on those SD cards.

Switch games wont be as big as PS4/One games. They will need lower res-assets for the Switch and will optimize for the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom