• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday I will wake up with a frontpage full of Switch news and I'm gonna love it. :>

I can only imagine what Friday will be like. We will be bombarded with Switch info im sure. Make for a good day of reading im sure. After i come back from placing my pre-order at my local store that is. :)

No streaming at launch is a big deal though. Especially if they want it to be an all in one device for travel like the promo video showed.

Also adding friends thru Facebook and Twitter is a great way to add people.

**Also if it is an export device, you would think it would have a Twitch App**

If they want to focus on games that's the best thing ever. MS completely screwed up with sports sports sports tv tv tv sports tv sports.

Pachimari

So looking at the accessory thread I'll probably end up with:

Nintendo Switch console - €250
Joy-Con multi-charger - €30
Hori Premium screen filter - €17
LAN adapter - €30
Case for 24 cartridges - €10
Case for console - €18
Pro controller - €60
Extra joy-cons - €60
Splatoon - €40
Smash Bros for Switch - €40
Pokémon Stars - €60
Zelda: Breath of the Wild - €60

€675. Dayum. That's actually about what I expect to spent when I buy it one day.

antonz

If they purposefully block Streaming Apps for a period of time its a stupid ass decision.

Nintendo does not need to devote conference time to those Apps. That's what press material etc.is for.

Mik317

Friday I will wake up with a frontpage full of Switch news and I'm gonna love it. :>

lolno.

Its going to be full of concern trolling and nintendoom you mean (in between general information threads).

"so and so game didn't show up...is this franchise dead"
"some feature isn't present. RAAAAAGE"
"Not enough 3rd party"
"Nintendo should have gone third party"

No matter what happens. Every direct should prepare people for this.

Hell its not even Nintendo only, every conference is immediately met with people who got too hype being buttblasted or people jumping to conclusions.

LAN adapter - €30
Case for console - €18
Pro controller - €60
Extra joy-cons - €60
Splatoon - €40
Pokémon Stars - €60

€675. Dayum. That's actually about what I expect to spent when I buy it one day.
Stars and Smash won't be launch. Also why do you think Smash and Splatoon will be cheaper?

prag16

Banned
Streaming will be on the system. Just not day 1.

If you wanna believe what OB1 says, it was cause they dont want a situation like Xbox One at reveal where they bored the hell out of everyone talking about apps and whatnot. Just wanna focus on the games right out of the gate.

Take that for what you will.
Purposely delaying it because they think it'll be a distraction??

Then don't focus on those features. No streaming apps at launch is absolutely ridiculous. Not a deal breaker for me, but extremely stupid on Nintendo's part.

Any Aussies here preordering here?

Just wondering where you're thinking of pre-ordering now or waiting until seeing the prices/bundles or if there's any price matching deals happening...

Thinking of laying $50-100 down this week to start paying it off before it comes.

(Gotta get that console paid for so i can have a healthy selection of launch titles.)

If they want to focus on games that's the best thing ever. MS completely screwed up with sports sports sports tv tv tv sports tv sports.

It is not a deal breaker or anything, but I'm just saying it is going to be pointed out. Hopefully they at least add the basics shortly after launch. It can't be difficult to port the apps from the Nvidia Shield to the Switch.

I hope Nintendo does say "Netflix, Hulu, etc" will be on the Switch within a month or two, atleast.

no streaming apps at launch would be hilariously stupid

Wii U redux

I don't buy it

Vern (poster on here) was saying this way back already and now obe1 is saying it (unless Vern is Obe1's source) that's two people we've heard this. It seems likely.

Neoxon

LAN adapter - €30
Case for console - €18
Pro controller - €60
Extra joy-cons - €60
Splatoon - €40
Pokémon Stars - €60

If it's worth anything, Smash 4 & Pokémon Stars likely won't be there on Day 1. Smash was pegged for the first 6 months for a while, & the Eurogamer leak stated that Stars was delayed past its internally-planned Summer 2017 release to likely sometime in the Fall.

phanphare

Banned
Vern (poster on here) was saying this way back already and now obe1 is saying it (unless Vern is Obe1's source) that's two people we've heard this. It seems likely.

ugh, hopefully that's sorted out quickly

really does remind me of Wii U launch when the streaming apps released later

not a good look

Lylo

I have about 7 devices that have streaming apps. Don't see why the Switch not having them would matter.

Same here, i've lost the count of devices i own that have the most popular streaming apps, i couldn't care enough if the Switch have it or not at launch.

Retrobox

Maybe Nintendo can distract people temporarily from their new Netflix machines not having Netflix with some video games. Until Netflix is available in which case those won't matter anymore of course.

Pachimari

If it's worth anything, Smash 4 & Pokémon Stars likely won't be there on Day 1. Smash was pegged for the first 6 months for a while, & the Eurogamer leak stated that Stars was delayed past its internally-planned Summer 2017 release to likely sometime in the Fall.

I never said I would be there at launch. I won't pick up a Steam until Pokémon Stars arrives, which will probably be in Fall. :)

phanphare

Banned
Given the TVii hype and by extension the Wii U Netflix app I wouldn't exactly call it a redux.

I'm curious to see how much later they would wait to launch them though.

yeah TVii was its own thing, I'm just talking about how Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video weren't there at launch for Wii U

7roject28

lolno.

Its going to be full of concern trolling and nintendoom you mean (in between general information threads).

"so and so game didn't show up...is this franchise dead"
"some feature isn't present. RAAAAAGE"
"Not enough 3rd party"
"Nintendo should have gone third party"

No matter what happens. Every direct should prepare people for this.

Hell its not even Nintendo only, every conference is immediately met with people who got too hype being buttblasted or people jumping to conclusions.

Haha, yeah, there's gonna be even more questions and concerns.

Oh hell yes, please be true. I already got a 128gb MicroSD card ready.

I really hope this means MicroSD hotswapping will be compatible. It'll really benefit digital users. I plan to get a 200gb microsd to start. If I run out of room, I'll just get another and have them labelled so I know what games are in which card.

vern

I hope Nintendo does say "Netflix, Hulu, etc" will be on the Switch within a month or two, atleast.

I haven't watched any of that dudes videos or talked to him at all, he may be using me as a source, I have no idea.

I thought he was giving 12 days of leaks? I saw a few days ago, up to his VR post, seemed he had 4-5 leaks? What else has he said? Up to and including his vr post everything he had said more or less aligned with what I had heard.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
This might sound silly, but I wonder if the delay in streaming apps (assuming the rumor is true) has something to do with Nvidia relations.

Just picture the Switch releasing at the rumored $249.99 price, providing AAA Nintendo games at home/on the go, HD streaming apps on the go and potentially 4K W/ HDR streaming at home. At that point, the Switch would be making the Shield TV basically obsolete right out the gate.

I imagine Nvidia wouldn't want that.

Oregano

I haven't watched any of that dudes videos or talked to him at all, he may be using me as a source, I have no idea.

I thought he was giving 12 days of leaks? I saw a few days ago, up to his VR post, seemed he had 4-5 leaks? What else has he said? Up to and including his vr post everything he had said more or less aligned with what I had heard.

Two others he mentioned were Platinum having a far off Switch game and Atlus having an exclusive SMT planned for 2018. Both plausible but obviously difficult to verify.

phanphare

Banned

so what's this about streaming apps? do you know when they're supposed to release if not at launch?

J@hranimo

Banned
I think regarding the streaming services, if they at least announce a date that's not long after launch when they come it'll lessen that blow.

If that rumor is true of course.

Wait, it's an Obe1 rumor? Lol.

NateDrake

Funny when you mentioned the lack of Netflix and such apps everyone had a pitchfork out. Even when I backed your info lol.

Pachimari

I really hope this means MicroSD hotswapping will be compatible. It'll really benefit digital users. I plan to get a 200gb microsd to start. If I run out of room, I'll just get another and have them labelled so I know what games are in which card.

Just so I am sure, are games bought on the Virtual Console and eShop stored on the MicroSD, or internally?

Sandfox

From what I remember:
-Free online at launch
-Platinum has been working on a game with Nintendo since Bayonetta 2
-Koei Tecmo is working on a Nintendo IP that isn't Zelda or Star Fox
-Exclusive Shin Megami Tensei

It's interesting how we got the Scalebound cancellation and the SMT anniversary site after he posted those videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom