• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Best Buy Promises you the lower price on preorder if the price turns out to be higher . So If it sells for 300+ then all those $249 preorders cost BestBuy $50 each.

Its not in best buys interest to place it cheaper than expected

You are correct, but if the Switch is not reservable yet, so isn't possible that Bestbuy raises the price to $299 before Friday?

EDarkness

I honestly do not see Nintendo charging for online.

They're taking the piss if they do though, their online structure is pretty poor and when compared to the others, it does not deserve my money.

I've been wondering what's so different between Nintendo's online, Xbox online, and Playstation online? i've used them all and don't see the difference in them.

True but i think thats kind of the point it just feels weird that something today could launch without tv streaming services. not a deal breaker at all but i dont understand the play if thats how they go.

I think the point is, "Use this device to only play games. Use your other devices for everything else."

I've been wondering what's so different between Nintendo's online, Xbox online, and Playstation online? i've used them all and don't see the difference in them.

I think the point is, "Use this device to only play games. Use your other devices for everything else."

Still I think its what people expect now adays. I don't know maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm right.

AndrewPL

True but i think thats kind of the point it just feels weird that something today could launch without tv streaming services. not a deal breaker at all but i dont understand the play if thats how they go.

Seems forward thinking. Same reason wii didn't need a DVD player and wii u didn't need a blu ray player. My phone can play everything to chrome cast and have a smart tv...why would I go through the hassle of using a console to do it with more steps.

Feeling pretty good about my bingo card!

IWpvkGR.jpg

On a side note about online structure, I wonder why Microsoft never explored being the online provider for every consoles internet. No one does online gaming better then Xbox Live. PSN and Nintendo are obviously far behind.

I never understood why Microsoft didn't approach everyone and offer to provide their online infrastructure (Xbox Live) to Sony and Nintendo. Microsoft would handle all servers, and everything and would keep the majority of the profits from the service while giving Sony and Nintendo a discount and provide around 10% of the profits as a fee for being the online provider.

It would have allowed cross play, allowed Sony and Nintendo to catch up instantly with online and keep gamers safe. I know the downside, but I don't technically consider it a downside as people would immediately think.

Seems forward thinking. Same reason wii didn't need a DVD player and wii u didn't need a blu ray player. My phone can play everything to chrome cast and have a smart tv...why would I go through the hassle of using a console to do it with more steps.

If the Switch could allow Casting that would be something different. But at this point we just don't know.

You're right but I'm sure there's somebody that gets a switch that kind of wanted to get netflix on a tablet like device even though they have a million other things that can do it. I dont think it will cause anyone not to buy the console but i think its an omission that kind of makes someone scratch their head.

We can get 12 more pages before tomorrow night!

I really hope we get a Xenoblade Chronicles HD. I've been listening to some of the music and it's just amazing.

Any Aussies here preordering here?

Just wondering where you're thinking of pre-ordering now or waiting until seeing the prices/bundles or if there's any price matching deals happening...

Thinking of laying $50-100 down this week to start paying it off before it comes.

(Gotta get that console paid for so i can have a healthy selection of launch titles.)

I have $100 paid on a Switch + Pro controller through EB, gonna leave it at that and wait until the final AUD price is out before I pay any further.

Will probably preorder the launch titles once they go up on EB's site on Friday.

So since Harada said Tekken 7's release date will be announced at an event in January, and the Switch Presentation is also in January..and we have confirmation now that the Switch will have a fightstick, is it relatively safe to say that we may see Tekken 7 at the Presentation? Maybe even a demo? Might be another way to show off 2 players playing with a Joy Con each.

AzaK

I'll never understand this assumption that the vast majority of people will go full digital. Maybe 64 was possible as well without losing too much profit, but that wouldn't change complaints. 128GB or more is just too expensive and HDDs don't fit in a tablet.

It would probably cost them under the dollar for MicroSD cards bought in bulk. It's also not about people going full digital (Which is worse admittedly) but for patches and eShop games. 32GB will disappear in a flash for anyone who plays a modicum of games. Then having to go out and buy an SD card, potentially managing multiple cards as budget allows just makes the whole things overly complicated for people. It needs to be simple, straight forward and cheap.

Gvitor

I saw Aonuma in the NWS in NYC (it was already closed) about an hour ago. He checked a couple of people playing some games in the lower floor and then climbed the stairs faster than I was able to take my phone out to snag a pic. The second floor window by the big screen side was curtained off and I could barely make out some guys with a camera. They're shooting something there tonight, and since Aonuma is already here, I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda is playable on the switch from the 12th til 15th and he'll be there roaming around.

Gaspard

I saw Aonuma in the NWS in NYC (it was already closed) about an hour ago. He checked a couple of people playing some games in the lower floor and then climbed the stairs faster than I was able to take my phone out to snag a pic. The second floor window by the big screen side was curtained off and I could barely make out some guys with a camera. They're shooting something there tonight, and since Aonuma is already here, I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda is playable on the switch from the 12th til 15th and he'll be there roaming around.

That's so cool! Was he wearing any Zelda or other Nintendo merch?

Kind of surprised he's in the US instead of Japan for the event.

ubiblu

I have $100 paid on a Switch + Pro controller through EB, gonna leave it at that and wait until the final AUD price is out before I pay any further.

Will probably preorder the launch titles once they go up on EB's site on Friday.

Honestly, any Aussies who haven't already put down for a pre-order are crazy. Launch stock is likely going to sell out before it even hits shelves thanks to Amiibo/Nes Classic scalpers. I made sure to put mine down a few months ago, and will definitely update it to the announced SKU / launch titles on Friday.

So since Harada said Tekken 7's release date will be announced at an event in January, and the Switch Presentation is also in January..and we have confirmation now that the Switch will have a fightstick, is it relatively safe to say that we may see Tekken 7 at the Presentation? Maybe even a demo? Might be another way to show off 2 players playing with a Joy Con each.

I can't think of anywhere else it'd be announced given that there are no month T7 tournaments this month. Harada's already appeared on both Sony and MS stages to promote it, so it's not locked to any particular platform in terms of marketing.

Here's food for thought, this is around the time they'd announce a Direct relative to the airdate on Thursday at 11PM EST.

So we're basically in the home stretch! :D

Yeah, I'm only just now realizing how close we are. Just two more sleeps and a few hours of Pokemon and bam, conference starts. Unreal.

I also got my money ready today. $345 for now. So I hope its $300 with Splatoon/Zelda/Mario packin or $250 without packin (or $250 with packin is even better!) Will preorder at amazon for a backup, but plan to do an instore Game Stop preorder and if thats finalized I'll cancel amazon but considering $165 of that is GS credit I'd rather preorder at GS. But I may not even make it intime for the store to open so I'll just have to get the money together for amazon incase I miss it,

Hope I can secure a preorder and hope there is only one SKU since I'll be pissed if I miss the one I want.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Finally. GameXplain put up their predictions.

https://youtu.be/0r-8jpNVmaY

I have to say one thing, Ash seems cool, but has a habit of posing a lot of unverified information as fact.

1. Two consecutive podcasts where he states that Pikmin 3DS is developed by Arzest.

2. Claiming that the Mother 3 developer is going to the Switch unveil, so that corroborates Mother 3.

There's no disclaimers or context given which would make any of these statements veritably true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom