• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuchoMalo

Banned
You all need to calm the fuck down and just wait. It's not going to be $300, and there's no such thing as a "Nintendo tax." And online will be free forever.

The usual $100 Nintendo tax.

If you legitimately believe that Nintendo is aiming for a 33% profit margin, something is wrong with your ability to use logic.

Baleoce

Feeling pretty good about my bingo card!

IWpvkGR.jpg
I would love most if not all of this xD

-Horizon-

I saw Aonuma in the NWS in NYC (it was already closed) about an hour ago. He checked a couple of people playing some games in the lower floor and then climbed the stairs faster than I was able to take my phone out to snag a pic. The second floor window by the big screen side was curtained off and I could barely make out some guys with a camera. They're shooting something there tonight, and since Aonuma is already here, I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda is playable on the switch from the 12th til 15th and he'll be there roaming around.

Speaking of which, I shared this before, but I and RK128 as well as another friend recorded our own predictions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg3QKTa0PD0

Anyone like the podcasts I record? I almost never get any feedback. :(

I'll watch your video later and let you know. I like watching prediction videos to see what people come up with.

I have to say one thing, Ash seems cool, but has a habit of posing a lot of unverified information as fact.

1. Two consecutive podcasts where he states that Pikmin 3DS is developed by Arzest.

2. Claiming that the Mother 3 developer is going to the Switch unveil, so that corroborates Mother 3.

There's no disclaimers or context given which would make any of these statements veritably true.

Idk why Ash does that. I've heard others mention the Mother devs being there means Mother 3 is a go.

By the time we finish their analysis it'll be time for the presentation.
Lol for real. I just like how long their discussions are.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I saw Aonuma in the NWS in NYC (it was already closed) about an hour ago. He checked a couple of people playing some games in the lower floor and then climbed the stairs faster than I was able to take my phone out to snag a pic. The second floor window by the big screen side was curtained off and I could barely make out some guys with a camera. They're shooting something there tonight, and since Aonuma is already here, I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda is playable on the switch from the 12th til 15th and he'll be there roaming around.

That's interesting. I just figured he would be in Tokyo right now.

I wonder if some major press outlets are there as well to get their first hands-on with the Switch.

You all need to calm the fuck down and just wait. It's not going to be $300, and there's no such thing as a "Nintendo tax." And online will be free forever.

If you legitimately believe that Nintendo is aiming for a 33% profit margin, something is wrong with your ability to use logic.
Holy smokes dood relax

Lol Mucho Malo is back. Dude I was making fun of someone earlier who said "Nintendo charging $50 tax" when it was discussed the Switch would be $250.

I was just playing off of it and joking around. Relax.

Branduil

I don't currently have a way to watch Netflix on my TV so that would be nice. Considering it's on essentially everything there's no good reason not to have it fairly quickly.

antonz

Aonuma in New York really is an interesting tidbit. Filming some Regional Specific stuff perhaps. Cannot imagine they are going to rush him on a Jet back to Tokyo for the event. I mean its already Noon on the 11th in japan. 14 hours to fly NY to Tokyo

messiaen

Wait. Why are people saying March 17 as release?

Nintendo release in NA on Sundays... 3DS is the only system to release in Japan before US in recent history.

you must be fun at parties

Hip Hop

What are you guys thinking of doing for a launch purchase.

Of course, depends on what games are announced but.

one game, a couple of games, anything you can get your hands on, no games at all but just the console?

Aonuma in New York really is an interesting tidbit. Filming some Regional Specific stuff perhaps. Cannot imagine they are going to rush him on a Jet back to Tokyo for the event. I mean its already Noon on the 11th in japan. 14 hours to fly NY to Tokyo

Aonuma always seems to be in a hurry, so maybe they do make him fly around the world all the time.

Nairume

Banned

one game, a couple of games, anything you can get your hands on, no games at all but just the console?
Console plus Zelda at minimum. Probably also Skyrim, Mario, and Splatoon depending on price and if they are actually at launch. Maybe more depending.

I'm sure he can get there in good time, all he needs is to ride his Epona Harley Horse and he'll be there in record time!

Every Nintendo home console has released on a Sunday as well as handhelds in NA. Only games come out on a Friday.

New 3DS XL released on a Friday, which is the only hardware Nintendo has launched since they moved their releases from Sunday to Friday. Unless you want to count the NES Classic as new hardware...which also released on a Friday.

Let me correct my statement. All major new release that isn't a revision.

Nintendo hasn't launched a "major" platform since moving their releases from Sunday to Friday. Back when WiI U launched, all major Nintendo products (software and hardware) launched on Sundays.

Lgndryhr

check the new 3ds xl in north america it was a friday

Actually skyward sword came out Sunday

I'm talking about recent years.

New 3DS XL released on a Friday, which is the only hardware Nintendo has launched since they moved their releases from Sunday to Friday. Unless you want to count the NES Classic as new hardware...which also released on a Friday.

Yea I just checked. I mean major new releases. Not revisions. And NES classic I don't count.

So I can get that 250$ is the price most people are expecting. But what about bundled games? You guys think it's going to be 250 + a game or 250 for only the console?

That's kind of a weird qualifier given that they shifted all releases to Friday and the only hardware they've released since that shift has also been released on Friday. If there was a significant hardware release that stuck with Sunday you'd have a stronger argument.

I'm talking about recent years.

Yea I just checked. I mean major new releases. Not revisions. And NES classic I don't count.

the last major release was the wii u, maybe those revisions and emulator show a move to friday overall.

Oersted

So I can get that 250$ is the price most people are expecting. But what about bundled games? You guys think it's going to be 250 + a game or 250 for only the console?

Generally lets wait for Friday, but I expect some retailers to do it and if only for a limited time.

Fanuilos

If it's 250 with a game then the game will probably a minigame collection or port. I can't see them launching a new system with a new game at a $250 price.

phanphare

Banned

Switch, Zelda, Splatoon, Mario, Pro Controller

Console + Pro Controller + Carrying Case + 3 or 4 games

DMONKUMA

Switch itself, Zelda, Pro Controller, and mayyyybe Splatoon. That's out of all the stuff that were rumored so there can be more things I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom