• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Mex1q9D.jpg

-Horizon-

What are you guys thinking of doing for a launch purchase.

Of course, depends on what games are announced but.

one game, a couple of games, anything you can get your hands on, no games at all but just the console?
I'll pick up the switch and 1 game. Most likely splatoon if that is there. If it's a pack in for a bundle, I'll get just the bundle.
I'm gonna wait on smash and kart. I still think I'm gonna stick with the Wii U version of Zelda.
I'm not picking up the pro controller yet. That's for later in the year.

random25

one game, a couple of games, anything you can get your hands on, no games at all but just the console?

Assuming Zelda goes on launch, I'll buy both the Switch and Wii U version. Then Splatoon, again assuming it comes in launch. A third game depends on what new game gets announced as launch title.

I'll settle for the Joycons for now. If I find it necessary to buy a pro, that will come some time later.

Anyone picking FIFA17 first day??
Really hope for EA to wait for the next version of FIFA especially if they're going to stick to legacy editions...but they probably won't
How's Obe1 reputation around these parts?

He says that Nintendo's friend system is now super simply, you're on facebook or twitter? You can invite to friend list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Jkid1VKps&feature=em-lss
I'm guessing that Obe1 is just guessing. What he described is what's on Nintendo's mobile apps so it's likely either way

Speely

Banned

I am prepared to splurge and literally buy any and everything I want and worry about the consequences later. Caveat: I am going to hold off on the Pro Controller until after launch in order to give the joy con grip a try and free up money for another game. But my plan is: the device itself and every game I am legit into. That will translate as: Switch + BotW + X other games.

Not Skyrim, though. Definitely gonna wait to see how that one goes first. While Skyrim on the go sounds like the only way I would ever want to play the game again, if it's a mess then I will just abstain and be tentatively hopeful for ES VI.

I'll also pick up a lan adapter just because I wanna use wired internet at home.

207-30-7011 and 207-30-7012
Can confirm that this goes all the way up to 207-30-7024, oddly the last title says "Wii U Game Switch Game 15" while all the others say "Nintendo Switch Game #". Very interesting. So Target has at least 15 games in its system for the Switch.
Most of them have a $59.99 price point.

-Horizon-

I have no idea what to expect from 3rd parties on launch so I'm not 100% sure there. If there's a good rpg from them, I'll maybe get it too.

messiaen

Yes. The Wii U released on a Sunday. Games also released on Sunday back then. They've since shifted to Friday releases.

To be fair, the revisions and stuff in the past have made exceptions to that Sunday rule.

I distinctly remember the Game Boy Micro being released on a Monday. I don't know if there's another one, but that's one I got on release day. Funnily enough, it was supposed to be released two days prior on Saturday but a few weeks prior got a slight delay.

Speely

Banned
Can confirm that this goes all the way up to 207-30-7024, oddly the last title says "Wii U Game Switch Game 15" while all the others say "Nintendo Switch Game #". Very interesting. So Target has at least 15 games in its system for the Switch.
Most of them have a $59.99 price point.

A 15 game launch sounds pretty damn good to me.

Mik317

One game unless Mario AND Zelda are at launch..then those two. Might pick up a pro controller. But generally one game because I can't play multiple games at once anymore for some reason (and by once I don't mean at the same exact time but rather I need to focus down on one game before moving on...otherwise I'll ruin the xperience)

Maxinas

The console of course, a charger or 2 (depending on whether one is already in the console bundle), and maybe 1-2 games
TOO MANY GAMES MY WALLET IS DYING
. Definitely Zelda, and a 3rd party title that catches my attention.

even if you don't own a wii u you should buy the wii u version of zelda
it'll be rare just like the gamecube version of twilight princess

will buy a copy of both if they release on the same day and keep it sealed

15 games isn't a lot. I know that's retail only because the Wii U had about 30 games at launch I think?

What matters is quality over quantity anyways.

hatchx

Banned
How's Obe1 reputation around these parts?

He says that Nintendo's friend system is now super simply, you're on facebook or twitter? You can invite to friend list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Jkid1VKps&feature=em-lss

This guy is horrifically annoying.

I can't believe people think Pewdiepie is annoying with people like this. I wonder if he actually has sources.

He also says no video streaming services at launch. So no Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom