• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch game box art

RedFury

Man that's gonna annoy me. Does anyone know if Splatoon is a WHOLE new game and story mode or same story with added stages. More weapons, modes, etc in MP. If it's not a new game but just an iteration why not call it Super Splatoon or Splatoon Switch and make it fit in line with the other titles. Call Super Mario Kart 8 or MK8Switch. I know it's a small thing but looking at the boxes is making my eye twitch. Uniformity please!

One of my favorite things about Nintendo games is collecting physical versions of the games due to the awesome box art. These look somehow cheap or something. I liked the Wii U's format way better.

Drayco21

Also immediately reminded of the PSP, and this is probably the happiest Switch news I've seen all night. Love me some nice physical cases.

Shin-Ra

I've got a feeling they'll end up making the Switch logo banner stretch all the way across like the later PAL Dreamcast slip covers. For greater visibility.

C2BIyy6VQAAT1jF.jpg
Is Redout confirmed?

Is every title that would normally be digital going retail on Switch?

Alphahawk

Is Redout confirmed?

Is every title that would normally be digital going retail on Switch?

I imagine not everyone but I'd say a good portion of them. This has been a trend on PS4 and Xone for awhile. I think that when the 360 retail version of Minecarf started selling gangbusters companies realized that there was a huge untapped market for this sort of thing.

Edit: I actually really like the PAL format of box better than the NA one. The NA's lack a sense of identity.

Roi

Where'd you get those from? retailers put up placeholders, probably made by staff.
I'm pretty confident these are mock ups and not final

From the biggest Dutch online retailer (Bol.com) and the biggest Dutch gaming retailer (gamemania.nl). They are real and/or probably provided by Nintendo (Netherlands).

:(

panda-zebra

All red spines for everything? And are boxes white for Nintendo games and grey(clear?) for 3rd party? edit:Or are they all clear and I need my eyes seen to?

I personally think the box sizes are a huge mistake. Marketing wise, these games will look less important. Compared to PS4 XB1 games, when customers see they are priced the same they'll scoff.

This is gonna be a blunder.

BigEmil

It would be even more aweaome if the box sizes are very similar or same to original PSP boxes it would flush nicely together on my shelf

Top Bottom