• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch game box art

Caelus

What do the cartridges look like?

C2D8Bu_XAAAqvdM.jpg

Takat

I really wish they did a horizontal logo. I don't get the why the switch icon can't be on the side and the name on the right...

Especially in multiplatform games, the logo looks so small compared with PS and XO.

v0yce

It would look so much better in red. ��

I really wish they did a horizontal logo. I don't get the why the switch icon can't be on the side and the name on the right...

Especially in multiplatform games, the logo looks so small compared with PS and XO.

Wha? People asking for colored boxes and bigger company logos?

These are so nice and refreshing with their minimal branding that doesn't compete or clash with the actual cover art.

And clear cases are the best. They allow for interior art.

51IwKTSQkIL._AC_SX215_.jpg

PSP cases are the current king of all game boxes. Hopefully the Swtich can take that throne with its subtle branding. Loving what I see so far.

Phoenixus

As someone that really wanted to go all digital for this gen and now begrudgingly accepts that he'll have to get a mix of physical and digital, I'm so glad these cases look great both in design and size.

PMS341

Really great to see the art selling the game as opposed to being littered with logos and slogans. I'm sure we'll see exceptions, but I'm a fan of the minimal approach.

The Switch box arts are on point. Everything looks good so far. Breath of the Wild cover is my favorite (all regions are good). Disgaea 5 cover looks nice too. Surprising it looks so bright, usually those covers feel a bit darker. Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe both nailed it. Isaac cover is exciting because I don't think any iteration of it has been released physically. Great game too. Been dying to try out Afterbirth+ so that'll be a nice addition of my games to play on the go.

Shaanyboi

Banned
The Breath of the Wild art is stunning. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is also very, very good.

If nothing else, Nintendo has been KILLING box art over the last few years for their high profile console releases.

That gold Wind Waker box art is a travesty though....

But by in large, I absolutely agree. It's one of the things that kinda keeps me buying physical - that's just shit that I want to pull out and look at once in a while...

Hopefully the spines keep the same font like the Xbox One cases.

I'm actually happy that the Master version of BOTW was gone when I went to preorder, ended up with the one without the statue and I think I like the box with the art rather than the black box the Master ships in.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The logo on the face of these are a design travesty, holy shit. So jarring, contrasts with everything, distracting use of color. Every design faux pas. Literally look likes like someone slapped a square JPG of the logo into the corner, wtf. People like this?! Or are people just happy about the spines?

The logo on the face of these are a design travesty, holy shit. So jarring, contrasts with everything, distracting use of color. Every design faux pas. Literally look likes like someone slapped a square JPG of the logo into the corner, wtf. People like this?! Or are people just happy about the spines?

My only thing is that I wish the cases were red. That way the logo would sync up with everything better. I still think it's okay though and the cover arts are looking great so far.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Idk why, but Amazon gave me $12 off BOTW Switch when I prerorderd as "Prime Savings"...

Anyone know why I got this?

That EU Zelda cover is a travesty.

Thankfully Nintendo Australia seems to agree and went with the NA cover.

217638_detail_zoomv3.jpg

Also, those clean red spines are fantastic. A shelf of Switch games is gonna be classy.

141706brp.jpg

Rime also has a GameStop listing so Switch gets it on retail also. No box though.

Edit: Decided to add the case and compare it to the Wii U version:

legocityundercoverswijnkh9.png
legocityundercoverrfjyn.png

Top Bottom